William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

TG24

Not that it makes a difference now, but I heard the steam is coming off of Clark's head over at the school today. I talked to a teacher after school this afternoon and she said that Clark was fuming over two blown calls. The 90 yarder (ineligible man downfield) had NO ONE downfield on film. Also, the big play to Throp that was ruled out of bounds apparently was clearly in-bounds on the film. I know that can't be changed now. However, she said the officials were assigned from the Knoxville/Oak Ridge area and the staff was fighting mad, feeling that they had been screwed at home.

No, it doesn't matter now. Just comes across as excuse making at this point. D-B did not play particularly well against WB and did not appear to play with any urgency or emotion. Still, in the end they had a chance with the ball on the 5 yard line and 4 tries to line up and push it across. They did not. And, this is the team that has been talked and talked and talked about since they were in grade school -- they were "special" and would win state (not just get there; they would win!). Waaco and others who have posted are right. It's as if somewhere along the way, the coaches and adults around the program (and maybe some of the players) forgot to actually watch kids play, watch the games, and watch other teams -- to objectively compare. They just kept drinking the koolaid and kept talking as if talking would just make it so. If this team were really good enough to win state, they would have dominated games that were actually close. Don't mean any disrespect to the players. I'm sure they are a hard-working bunch. They should be proud of what they did achieve -- undefeated in the regular season is a real accomplishment. The loss against WB is only embarrassing because of the years (literally years) of talk about winning a state championship. Why not just play every game to win and be proud of wherever the team ends up -- without all the talk?!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it makes a difference now, but I heard the steam is coming off of Clark's head over at the school today. I talked to a teacher after school this afternoon and she said that Clark was fuming over two blown calls. The 90 yarder (ineligible man downfield) had NO ONE downfield on film. Also, the big play to Throp that was ruled out of bounds apparently was clearly in-bounds on the film. I know that can't be changed now. However, she said the officials were assigned from the Knoxville/Oak Ridge area and the staff was fighting mad, feeling that they had been screwed at home.

Stonewall,

Trust me, we at WB "know the feeling" of thinking the refs cost you the game. Coach Clark has the benefit of watching the film which the normal fan in the bleachers does not. I'm not sure about either play you mention, but both were certainly huge breaks for WB.

I do know this, just like an earlier game this year where we thought the referees made some terrible calls, we (WB) still had opportunities to win the game despite that. And I believe that Coach Clark or anyone else from DB would have to acknowledge the same about this game.

He needs to look at the film and check out the pathetic play calling down at the 5yrd. line at the end of the game. Its unbelivable he would blame the loss on the refs. after that blunder.

one shining example, who someone should file a missing persons report on by the way, is art vandalay (he really must have giddy upped). keep talking. you prove my point with every word of your elitist posts. in 4 straight posts you have bashed 4 schools and every person that don't agree with you (tn high,volunteer, jeff co, and central) keep feeling victimized if it makes you feel better. if you would read i said SOME fans not ALL not MOST. I know many who are as classy people that you could find. the reason you have others on here posting is because SOME not ALL not MOST of your fans do the same on others threads. you are doing quite well bashing and runnin your trap behind your 'puter' as well. you are a prime candidate for one of waco's awards. if you can't take it don't dish it.

Well, I was not going to reply to this post because I see you only joined coacht Saturday, just in time to jump on here and down the DB program and fans. The same thing happened after Central beat DB in basketball, the Central "fans" were joing en masse to get there jabs in...but hey I guess that is what makes your day. With that being said, I had to reply because you made some errors in your post. You said in 4 straight posts I bashed 4 schools and every person that don't agree with me (it should be "doesn't" agree, but then I'm an elitist). OK you want to comment about missing persons and the jclifer comes from where? and posts about the better team won when he didn't see the game period and commented that DB should have lost there only test also a game he was not at period so he really is speaking from emotion not truth. and I made the point that he shouldn't be commenting about DB not being the better team or commenting on a game they should have lost when he did not witness either game in person and the game he maybe did witness was a game DB could have named the score. My comment was truth, they have there house out of whack and that should be there need seeing they are the largest school in 1-5A. #2 was the comment that there shouldn't be gloating over a win against Volunteer....basically a 2A school and a team that was kicked out of region 1 to add the likes of the other heavy hitting 2A schools playing up...Unicoi Co, North. And I would agrue the team consdiers that success unless they move on (the same as DB does not consider it success unless they continue playing). #3 once again was a drive by poster, A Central fan that I'm sure has not seen DB play to even comment on there team, and once again a program that should get itself in competitive shape before they can really mouth off to other schools...nothing against the players/coaches but the fans have no room to glory about a DB failure when they are in such turmoil and can't even compete in there own league. Comments from 2 "fans" of 2 schools that can't compete commenting about another team that does compete..very well mind you.By the way....that is 3 posts and it was not bashing. It is the truth.

Anyway...thanks for joining coacht....what team are you a "fan" of?

Stonewall,

Trust me, we at WB "know the feeling" of thinking the refs cost you the game. Coach Clark has the benefit of watching the film which the normal fan in the bleachers does not. I'm not sure about either play you mention, but both were certainly huge breaks for WB.

I do know this, just like an earlier game this year where we thought the referees made some terrible calls, we (WB) still had opportunities to win the game despite that. And I believe that Coach Clark or anyone else from DB would have to acknowledge the same about this game.

I agree..no complaints here because DB had many chances to do something. WB had 3 fumbles in the 2nd half and DB only got 3 points out of them. I believe it was a winnable game either way and exciting despite the disappointment. I also think the Gov players/coaches/fans showed a lot opf class during and after the game. I hope your fans that travled were shown the same class. Congrats

Well, I was not going to reply to this post because I see you only joined coacht Saturday, just in time to jump on here and down the DB program and fans. The same thing happened after Central beat DB in basketball, the Central "fans" were joing en masse to get there jabs in...but hey I guess that is what makes your day. With that being said, I had to reply because you made some errors in your post. You said in 4 straight posts I bashed 4 schools and every person that don't agree with me (it should be "doesn't" agree, but then I'm an elitist). OK you want to comment about missing persons and the jclifer comes from where? and posts about the better team won when he didn't see the game period and commented that DB should have lost there only test also a game he was not at period so he really is speaking from emotion not truth. and I made the point that he shouldn't be commenting about DB not being the better team or commenting on a game they should have lost when he did not witness either game in person and the game he maybe did witness was a game DB could have named the score. My comment was truth, they have there house out of whack and that should be there need seeing they are the largest school in 1-5A. #2 was the comment that there shouldn't be gloating over a win against Volunteer....basically a 2A school and a team that was kicked out of region 1 to add the likes of the other heavy hitting 2A schools playing up...Unicoi Co, North. And I would agrue the team consdiers that success unless they move on (the same as DB does not consider it success unless they continue playing). #3 once again was a drive by poster, A Central fan that I'm sure has not seen DB play to even comment on there team, and once again a program that should get itself in competitive shape before they can really mouth off to other schools...nothing against the players/coaches but the fans have no room to glory about a DB failure when they are in such turmoil and can't even compete in there own league. Comments from 2 "fans" of 2 schools that can't compete commenting about another team that does compete..very well mind you.By the way....that is 3 posts and it was not bashing. It is the truth.

Anyway...thanks for joining coacht....what team are you a "fan" of?

oh i get it. when someone says anything negative about anything db, its bashing but when you say something negative it's truth (elitist in its purest form). you are definately a candidate for a mo-ron of the day award. you need to concentrate on your schoolwork rather than being on the internet, junior.

:thumb:

oh i get it. when someone says anything negative about anything db, its bashing but when you say something negative it's truth (elitist in its purest form). you are definately a candidate for a mo-ron of the day award. you need to concentrate on your schoolwork rather than being on the internet, junior.

But you haven't even said anything thoughtfully negative...just calling out the fans as elitist. You have been exposed as a hater..plain and simple. You join the day after DB loses and all 8 of your posts have been regarding DB losing and there elitist fans. At least the other people had the nerve to hate all year long during the wins as well. You never did claim a team...who are you a "fan" of? Or is your only purpose to put down the DB fans and then jump off. Like I said Welcome to the DB hater club, have you got your official framed certificate to hang on the wall yet?

:thumb:

But you haven't even said anything thoughtfully negative...just calling out the fans as elitist. You have been exposed as a hater..plain and simple. You join the day after DB loses and all 8 of your posts have been regarding DB losing and there elitist fans. At least the other people had the nerve to hate all year long during the wins as well. You never did claim a team...who are you a "fan" of? Or is your only purpose to put down the DB fans and then jump off. Like I said Welcome to the DB hater club, have you got your official framed certificate to hang on the wall yet?

never once have i said ANYTHING negative in regards to the db football team or any other db athletes. once again if you will utilize a little reading comprehension, you will see i have tried to support the athletes and truthfully wish them well. i would love to see a local team win it all. i am a fan of all local teams who represent our area. my beef has been with people like you who have a condescending attitude towards every other team. could you say the same? will you now support south, tn high, or any other local team still playing or are you a 'hater' of everything not db? do you play or live through the athletes? if you are a player work hard and good luck next year if not, try playing and see what the game is all about (determination,comradarie, hard work, and HUMILITY)look we are not going to agree here. i guess i'm a 'hater' of db elitists (not db athletics) and you are one of the elitists (can you at least admit that? remember admission is the first step to getting better). so there it is. go study now(improve your comprehension skills) instead of using your class time posting on the internet.

Edited by nero

never once have i said ANYTHING negative in regards to the db football team or any other db athletes. once again if you will utilize a little reading comprehension, you will see i have tried to support the athletes and truthfully wish them well. i would love to see a local team win it all. i am a fan of all local teams who represent our area. my beef has been with people like you who have a condescending attitude towards every other team. could you say the same? will you now support south, tn high, or any other local team still playing or are you a 'hater' of everything not db? do you play or live through the athletes? if you are a player work hard and good luck next year if not, try playing and see what the game is all about (determination,comradarie, hard work, and HUMILITY)look we are not going to agree here. i guess i'm a 'hater' of db elitists (not db athletics) and you are one of the elitists (can you at least admit that? remember admission is the first step to getting better). so there it is. go study now(improve your comprehension skills) instead of using your class time posting on the internet.

People like me...you don't even know me and what I think about the local teams. You just jumped on here 4 days ago and think you can start attacking the DB fans as all inculsive in some group you choose to hate. I have no dislike for local teams...I just don't consume myself with there success as others seem to have this obsession with seeing the school/teams/fans/community fail. I don't wish bad fortune for any of the local teams and kids and there coaches. I have the utmost respect for the 16-18 yeard olds that go out and entertain us. But for you to jump on here the day after and start claiming to know what is what is ridiculous. You claim to not have said anything negative yet EVEYONE of your posts since you joined have been directed at jabs toward the program and its fanbase. Seems like you have alot of interest in the DB football post. which team are you a "fan" of?