Danny MCcoin..

maxout

Danny Mccoin resigns.... i hope everyone in livingston is happy.... And u know who ya are.... you have nagged and complained so much that he has resigned to make u happy... people have been on his case from game 1 this year... and everyone acts like they expected another championship, are you kidding me??!!?? we barely won it last yr and we had so much talent then... this year not only did we not have the talent of last yrs team, we didnt even have the heart, as a whole anyways.... ladies and gentlemen, it boils down to this...u cant qin the kentucky derby with a mule... simple as that.... and that goes for alll the coaches.... there is only so much a coach can do..they cant tackle, catch, block, throw, or run for em....but when they mess up its all blame on the coaches....give me a break.. for those out there that im talkin bout....hope your happy... i jus hope he at least stays on as an off coor.... :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danny Mccoin resigns.... i hope everyone in livingston is happy.... And u know who ya are.... you have nagged and complained so much that he has resigned to make u happy... people have been on his case from game 1 this year... and everyone acts like they expected another championship, are you kidding me??!!?? we barely won it last yr and we had so much talent then... this year not only did we not have the talent of last yrs team, we didnt even have the heart, as a whole anyways.... ladies and gentlemen, it boils down to this...u cant qin the kentucky derby with a mule... simple as that.... and that goes for alll the coaches.... there is only so much a coach can do..they cant tackle, catch, block, throw, or run for em....but when they mess up its all blame on the coaches....give me a break.. for those out there that im talkin bout....hope your happy... i jus hope he at least stays on as an off coor.... :D

I hate to hear this. Mccoin was a great coach, and like you said, just didn't have the horses this year to do anything. Everyone around the area knew that, I can't believe LA fans ran him off. Great guy, LA's loss.

But you are exactly right about fans jumipng on coaches when something goes wrong. When SC loses thats all you hear. Unless its to Knox Catholic, or Fulton. Two years ago when we lost to Trousdale at their place, it was pathetic. Parents standing at the fence chewing out coaches, and even players. Maynord puts a stop to it though, he doesn't listen to anything. There was a parent saying stuff after the Westmoreland game, and Maynord took care of it pretty quick.

Maxout I agree with you. He done the best that he could with the talent that he had. It showed in the games I seen none of the players was behind each other. Never did they cheer on each other or congraulated each other on a good play. I believe it starts with the team having heart and wanting it then it goes to the coaches. If the coaches sees that the players is not wanting play and then it will show in the coaches.

Hope everyone is happy that he is gone.I just want to wish him the best of luck in what ever he does next year.

Danny Mccoin resigns.... i hope everyone in livingston is happy.... And u know who ya are.... you have nagged and complained so much that he has resigned to make u happy... people have been on his case from game 1 this year... and everyone acts like they expected another championship, are you kidding me??!!?? we barely won it last yr and we had so much talent then... this year not only did we not have the talent of last yrs team, we didnt even have the heart, as a whole anyways.... ladies and gentlemen, it boils down to this...u cant qin the kentucky derby with a mule... simple as that.... and that goes for alll the coaches.... there is only so much a coach can do..they cant tackle, catch, block, throw, or run for em....but when they mess up its all blame on the coaches....give me a break.. for those out there that im talkin bout....hope your happy... i jus hope he at least stays on as an off coor.... :thumb:

are you sure about this, my son was a senior this year and i've not heard anything about it, when did he annouce this just today. I dont understand what the fans expected we only had about 5 guys that played last year on the championship team and theres noway he could have gave them another gold ball this year with the talent they had to work with, the only thing i seen that he should have done differently is put little mccoin in as qb and holt as receiver but i quess he didnt want to be dogged about starting his son as a freshmen, but if i remember correctly thats what they did with cates. not that holt wasnt a good qb its just that we needed him more as a receiver and that would have gave mccoin another year experience. good luck danny if this is true and i hope u do choose to stay on as a off coord

If this is true I certainly hate to hear it. Coach McCoin was a legendary player and coach at Livingston Academy. Much of the success of last year's team goes to his play calling, as many calls were made at the line of scrimmage, by McCoin, from the booth, then signalled in to the field.

I know it has been a tough year for the players, coaches, parents, and supporters

of Livingston Academy but still one hates to hear the news.

Here's wishing it works out for the best for all involved.

I want to thank Danny McCoin for giving me the opportunity to be an assistant coach at LA this year... and to be part of...one of the best football families anywhere. It was without a doubt the greatest job I have ever had. Being around the game of football again after a 27 yr. absence and watching these young men grow as players was PRICELESS to me. I'm forever grateful.

I'm extremely sad that Danny has decided to resign. Danny was LA football and always will be regardless if he coaches here again or not. Talking with him today I could tell that he was some what relieved but also could tell that he was very sad. But life goes on and LA football will survive and he would be the first to tell you that very same thing.

I am really dissapointed in the manner that this situation was handled. Why didn't the board or principle or director come to Danny and tell him that some things needed to be addressed ?Why wait until after the season ? Why wasn't some of the players or coaches ask what was going on ? I was totally shocked when I heard thru the grapevine that Danny's job could be in jeopardy.

LA has lost a good coach and great person over what... a bunch of bull. Over some kids that didn't even want to play or go by the laws of the sport. No player is more important than the team.

I wish that the people in this county would all pull and get together as one and support these coaches and players. As we all know you can't please everyone and there's always going to be some kind of road block or obstacle that we as parents players and coaches must face. It's then that you find the true character of a person when things are bad. Hey it was easy to be all up in the hog-eye thing last year. But when things go bad that's when you find who's got your back.

The reason people in overton county are upset is because he used bad language at some point in time. If he was 9-1 nothing would have ever been said. This is just another example of our board members in overton county having to much control and influence over our teachers and coaches. Coach Mccoin will be missed and these people will regret not having him on our sidelines.

I never really followed much about LA being an Alcoa fan, but I know how some fans find it easy to criticize a coach. Rankin was heavily criticized by a group of fans who knew what play to call after the play was run. After the 2 losses many people got down on him. Expectations are often to high when talent is not there. Parents don't seem to remember that it was not the coach that missed the block or dropped the easy catch. The coach doesn't do the holding and he doesn't pick what hole to run through. I have never seen a coach miss a tackle. Yet for some reason when players fail to do these things it is the coaches fault, and when they excel it is all about what the player did. Respect is hard to earn and easy to lose. To put it bluntly, LA, you all have screwed up. Running off a coach because he had a down year. The people who pushed for this change will most likly see its effects next year. I feel bad for this man I have never met because of the ignorance of people with pull in the situation.