PTSportsWriter

Here's a fun prediction for you with the way this season is going:

REMAINING GAMES:

Greeneville (6-0): W vs Cherokee , W @ West; W vs East

Jefferson County (4-3): L @ East; L vs Cherokee; L vs Greeneville

Cocke County (3-4): L vs West; W @ East; L @ Cherokee

Morristown West (3-4): W @ Cocke County; L vs Greeneville; L vs East

Morristown East (2-4): W vs Jeff; L vs Cocke Co; L @ Greeneville; W @ West

Cherokee (2-5): L @ Greeneville; W @ Jeff; W vs Cocke Co.

FINAL STANDINGS:

Greeneville (10-0)

Jefferson County (4-6)

Cocke County (4-6)

Morristown West (4-6)

Morristown East (4-6)

Cherokee (4-6)

It would only be fitting....don't you think!

When i made this silly prediction a couple of weeks ago, I actually saw Greenville winning all four of their remaining games as a certainty. The remaining 6 games I would have characterized as each being a coin flip. If my stats are working for me, the likelihood of hitting four certainties and 6 coin flips is about 1.5%.

Now it's down to one certainty and two more coin flips...25% chance by my math.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i made this silly prediction a couple of weeks ago, I actually saw Greenville winning all four of their remaining games as a certainty. The remaining 6 games I would have characterized as each being a coin flip. If my stats are working for me, the likelihood of hitting four certainties and 6 coin flips is about 1.5%.

Now it's down to one certainty and two more coin flips...25% chance by my math.

I'm about to go to the gas-station down the street....

Do you have any numbers I should pick in the Powerball?

:lol:

Cocke County defeated West Greene 59-49 last night in a game where Cocke County couldnt shake the Lady Buffaloes.

Lady Red got up 10-1 to start the game in the first 4 minutes, but just couldnt get shake them after they went to the bench and West Greene got back into the game.

Buda scored 17 for Cocke County after she shot the ball a lot more and took the ball to the basket on a regular basis. Depew added 13 and two sophomores stepped up with Courtney Lewis and Alex Suggs each scoring 11.

Lady Red go to Pigeon Forge tonight.

Cocke County defeated West Greene 59-49 last night in a game where Cocke County couldnt shake the Lady Buffaloes.

Lady Red got up 10-1 to start the game in the first 4 minutes, but just couldnt get shake them after they went to the bench and West Greene got back into the game.

Buda scored 17 for Cocke County after she shot the ball a lot more and took the ball to the basket on a regular basis. Depew added 13 and two sophomores stepped up with Courtney Lewis and Alex Suggs each scoring 11.

Lady Red go to Pigeon Forge tonight.

DONT CALL THEM SOPHOMORES :lol:

Saw West hung with South Greene on Monday night at South Greene.

Lady Trojans lost by a 53-46 score..

Seems like West bounced back from the trouncing to Greeneville. Should be a fun match-up with a lot on the line for East on Friday night.

Looking at Monday's box, I saw no LeMarr. Does anyone know if/when she may return?

Figured this could be a good way to get some mid-week discussion going.

With the season winding down and the All-Conference team going to be picked soon, why not give our All-Conference picks on here.

The way I did my "ballot" was...

All teams get no more than 2 All-Conference players....1st place gets 3 Honorable Mentions....Since 2nd and 3rd are up in the air......both get 2 Honorable Mentions

4th-6th get One Honorable Mention (I gave Cherokee 2 - since I only picked one All-Conference)

All-Conference

Greeneville: Nicole Dickson, Ashley Deans

Morristown East: Leah Leeper, Domika Holt

Cocke County: Morgan Buda, Shannon Depew

Jefferson County: Kelsey Elliott, Haley Nelson

Morristown West: Ashley Thayer, Kelsey Cross

Cherokee: Ashlee Price

Honorable Mentions

Greeneville - Whitney Carter, Morgan Lamons, Rachel Collins

Morristown East - Tasha Morrell and Brittany Furches

Cocke County - Alex Suggs, Nikki Bryant

Jefferson County - Lauren Lyke

Morristown West - Lauren Jones

Cherokee - Savannah Ewing, Asia Avery

*Note - The East and West picks were hard for me, they havent turned in stats reliably to the conference - so their stats have not been given out as much as the other teams. The East picks were tough, because he plays so many girls, their stats arent going to be as impressive as someone who plays 28-30 minutes a night. Katie LeMarr could've been a pick for West, but with her missing half of the season, didnt feel that it would be a fair to pick her over her team mates who have played the full season. When picking a lot of these, I remembered their in-conference contributions, instead of focusing on non-conference games.

Coach Of the Year Candidates

Stacia Crumbley (Greeneville) - Undefeated in IMAC play, big non-conference wins against a tough schedule.

Patrick O'Neil (Cocke County) - Went 2-29 last year, will be +.500 this year and can claim a share 2nd place with a win on Friday night.

Terry Livesay (Morristown East) - Team has steadily improved past two seasons.

Player Of the Year Candidates

Ashley Deans (Greeneville SR): Leads IMAC with 14.7 PPG, 146 Total Rebounds, 55% from the field - 2nd in the IMAC, 71.7% FT Shooter

Nicole Dickson (Greeneville, SO): 2nd in IMAC with 14.3 PPG, Leads IMAC in Rebounds with 188, 3rd in IMAC with 55 Assists, 2nd in IMAC with 54 Steals, 47.6% from the field

Shannon Depew (Cocke County, FR) - 3rd/4th in IMAC with 12.1 PPG, 2nd in IMAC in rebounds with 159, 38 Steals, 43.3% from the field, 80.8% FT Shooter (2nd in IMAC)

Kelsey Elliott (Jefferson County, JR) - 3rd/4th in IMAC with 12.7 PPG (as of 2 weeks back), 42 Steals, 2nd in IMAC with 38.3% 3-PT FG Shooting, Leads IMAC with 89.0% FT Shooting

Edited by PTSportsWriter

Haley Chambers? :D Because she is a senior?

Figured this could be a good way to get some mid-week discussion going.

With the season winding down and the All-Conference team going to be picked soon, why not give our All-Conference picks on here.

The way I did my "ballot" was...

All teams get no more than 2 All-Conference players....1st place gets 3 Honorable Mentions....Since 2nd and 3rd are up in the air......both get 2 Honorable Mentions

4th-6th get One Honorable Mention (I gave Cherokee 2 - since I only picked one All-Conference)

All-Conference

Greeneville: Nicole Dickson, Ashley Deans

Morristown East: Leah Leeper, Domika Holt

Cocke County: Morgan Buda, Shannon Depew

Jefferson County: Kelsey Elliott, Haley Chambers

Morristown West: Ashley Thayer, Kelsey Cross

Cherokee: Ashlee Price

Honorable Mentions

Greeneville - Whitney Carter, Morgan Lamons, Rachel Collins

Morristown East - Tasha Morrell and Brittany Furches

Cocke County - Alex Suggs, Nikki Bryant

Jefferson County - Haley Nelson

Morristown West - Lauren Jones

Cherokee - Savannah Ewing, Asia Avery

*Note - The East and West picks were hard for me, they havent turned in stats reliably to the conference - so their stats have not been given out as much as the other teams. The East picks were tough, because he plays so many girls, their stats arent going to be as impressive as someone who plays 28-30 minutes a night. Katie LeMarr could've been a pick for West, but with her missing half of the season, didnt feel that it would be a fair to pick her over her team mates who have played the full season. When picking a lot of these, I remembered their in-conference contributions, instead of focusing on non-conference games.

Coach Of the Year Candidates

Stacia Crumbley (Greeneville) - Undefeated in IMAC play, big non-conference wins against a tough schedule.

Patrick O'Neil (Cocke County) - Went 2-29 last year, will be +.500 this year and can claim a share 2nd place with a win on Friday night.

Terry Livesay (Morristown East) - Team has steadily improved past two seasons.

Player Of the Year Candidates

Ashley Deans (Greeneville SR): Leads IMAC with 14.7 PPG, 146 Total Rebounds, 55% from the field - 2nd in the IMAC, 71.7% FT Shooter

Nicole Dickson (Greeneville, SO): 2nd in IMAC with 14.3 PPG, Leads IMAC in Rebounds with 188, 3rd in IMAC with 55 Assists, 2nd in IMAC with 54 Steals, 47.6% from the field

Shannon Depew (Cocke County, FR) - 3rd/4th in IMAC with 12.1 PPG, 2nd in IMAC in rebounds with 159, 38 Steals, 43.3% from the field, 80.8% FT Shooter (2nd in IMAC)

Kelsey Elliott (Jefferson County, JR) - 3rd/4th in IMAC with 12.7 PPG (as of 2 weeks back), 42 Steals, 2nd in IMAC with 38.3% 3-PT FG Shooting, Leads IMAC with 89.0% FT Shooting

Saw West hung with South Greene on Monday night at South Greene.

Lady Trojans lost by a 53-46 score..

Seems like West bounced back from the trouncing to Greeneville. Should be a fun match-up with a lot on the line for East on Friday night.

Looking at Monday's box, I saw no LeMarr. Does anyone know if/when she may return?

Lemarr will not be back.