I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I guess a support player should get all the rewards! Dean, did not deserve player of the year! she can only support when other's make plays for her! She hold nothing together! Again, my opinion!

we are talking about tournament MVP and you are entitled to your opinion...but ask anyone who is familiar with GHS basketball about Deans....they will all tell you the same-she is the backbone of that team!...Isnt it past your bedtime anyway man? You have school bright and early! HAHA

Edited by utvols1

What are your thoughts PT??? How big of a role does Deans play on the GHS team?

Huge.

She's a smart player, and plays good tough defense.

She also provides another target to get away from Dickson. How much would other teams just focus on shutting down Dickson if there were no Deans and what would that do to Greeneville?

Thats not even mentioning her nightly scoring and rebounding...

By the way, Greeneville limited West to, ONE offensive rebound tonight.

we are talking about tournament MVP and you are entitled to your opinion...but ask anyone who is familiar with GHS basketball about Deans....they will all tell you the same-she is the backbone of that team!...Isnt it past your bedtime anyway man? You have school bright and early! HAHA

Again, your opinion, just like my opinion. She can't really rally her team. if you are in doubt, talk to her teammates!

Huge.

She's a smart player, and plays good tough defense.

She also provides another target to get away from Dickson. How much would other teams just focus on shutting down Dickson if there were no Deans and what would that do to Greeneville?

Thats not even mentioning her nightly scoring and rebounding...

By the way, Greeneville limited West to, ONE offensive rebound tonight.

Very Well Said...

ONE offensive rebound??? I was there and didnt even realize that...after being outrebounded by CCHS it looks like they did the adjusting they needed to do! Congrats to GHS on their win, and The Lady Red for making it a great tournament! Would have been more fitting for the GHS and CCHS game the other night to have been the Championship game tho...watch out for CCHS the next few years! Good luck to everyone in the region!!!!

Edited by utvols1

Congrats to the Lady Red tonight! I was wrong. I thought that they would be over the Greenville game. They made some shots and some plays, but could never put Jeff away. Did not play with a lot of energy tonight. At times, I thought we were going through the motions. We would have a lead of 6 or 8, then do silly things. Defensive rebounding will still be our downfall. But give Jeff credit. They are playing much better than when we played them in January. Much better. I think that the coach has something to do with that.

Whoever has been lobbying for Nelson for Jeff is right! She created lots of offense for Jeff. I am not sure why she was not on the floor more tonight. Again, I am sorry I don’t know names but I liked, I believe, no 25, she had a quick step and could jump. I would have played her more too. This team is much more than Elliot. But they really do need some size. I look forward to Buda and Nelson for the next several years.

End of the district play: CCHS 6-7 - seriously doubt with that record, we are the second best team.

CCHS 2 out of 3 from Jeff

CCHS 2 out of 3 from East

CCHS 2 out of 2 from West

CCHS 0 out of 3 from GHS

CCHS 0 out of 2 from Cherokee

CCHS must become a better road team. This group of players will no longer have the district tournament games at home. Went 1-4 on the road (losing to everybody except West). Went 5-3 at home (Lost to GHS (2) and Cherokee at home). In the end, the games that actually matter the most, were losing to Cherokee at home in January and GHS in December b/c we did not take care of our home court.

I will not get on my official soapbox - very few fouls were called tonight either way. As a result, both teams showed some frustration and elbows were throw by both teams. If they would have connected, a girl would have been hurt and a team would have been without a player for the region. I know the arguements - we would shoot fouls forever and you have to be under control at all times and that is just the way the game is played. It just seems to me that in general, games are to physical and that kids get hurt. In my humble opinion, that is not needed at all in high school. I also know I am in a very small minority.

Sounds like we get either a highly rated team in Tennessee or a really hot team in Daniel Boone. Not that summer really matters, but Tennessee beat CCHS on the last possession at GP last summer on a Saturday morning. If I remember right – they have a very good point guard and a very good and big post player. Tennessee beat us in the regional last year by about 30. Daniel Boone beat us last year in the regular season twice handily.

To close, for the first time in 6 straight years of playing in the consolation game, we finally won. We have won 18 games and we are still playing. We also are playing with confidence. Good night - we win and the Lady Vols win!

And, I had to leave before awards were given – how many freshman and sophomores made All-Tourney and All Conference. I suspect only a couple of seniors received awards – which means the I-MAC is going to be strong and fun to watch.

Go Lady Red!

I attended Friday's game and toights game as well. This game wasn't a physical game. It was played very clean tonight. That was the reason for very few fouls called. When you go to Science Hill and play please refer back to this post and let's compair notes again. Officials in Region 1 will let ya play.... just ask PTS.......

Whoever has been lobbying for Nelson for Jeff is right!

That would be me :ph34r: The most impressive thing about Nelson is how she has changed her game to fit in this year. Last year in middle school she was required to shoot an average of 30 or so times a game. Coach Potts has done a great job of getting her to become more of a floor general, but she has a long was to go. She is just a freshman though, so it will come to her.

Now, in all serious, I like PTS and all his CC homer buddies in here, and I have admitted that CC girls BBall is now tolerable to watch, but No. 10 in the state? :) I can name about a half dozen teams that I've seen play this year that are not in that poll and would have no problems with CC.

Again, your opinion, just like my opinion. She can't really rally her team. if you are in doubt, talk to her teammates!

I have heard the same thing about Dickson from people on this board. In my opinion they are similiar type players. Both get get inside, beat and bang, and hit the turn around jumpers, and both can step outside and knock down the three. Deans has made unbelievable strides since two seasons ago when she was a role player with Manuel and Lyons. If Dickson makes the same improvement, she will be a superstar.

Now, in all serious, I like PTS and all his CC homer buddies in here, and I have admitted that CC girls BBall is now tolerable to watch, but No. 10 in the state? :) I can name about a half dozen teams that I've seen play this year that are not in that poll and would have no problems with CC.

I'm glad you made it home safely... :ph34r:

I will agree. Of course this poll isnt the most accurate measure of reliability and never has been.