I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

I see that Eule quated Duncan after their big District Championship game. I think we all need to call and complain to Mr. Wayne Phillips at the Greeneville Sun.

Way ahead of you partna, I sent a email to Mr. Phillips yesterday and he replied the same day. Wayne is a good guy and does a good job, as does Joe Byrd.

"I'm not sure why Eual didn't speak with Coach Crumbley last night after the championship game. I will talk to him about this, though, because I can see why that looks bad for the girls' fans."

"I wish we could talk with all coaches after every game, but sometimes it's not possible, especially on Friday nights when we have a deadline to meet and have to rush from whereever we're at to get back to the office to get stories done.

But your point is well taken about last night's game. We should have had something from Stacia..

again, thanks for the e-mail."

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way ahead of you partna, I sent a email to Mr. Phillips yesterday and he replied the same day. Wayne is a good guy and does a good job, as does Joe Byrd.

"I'm not sure why Eual didn't speak with Coach Crumbley last night after the championship game. I will talk to him about this, though, because I can see why that looks bad for the girls' fans."

"I wish we could talk with all coaches after every game, but sometimes it's not possible, especially on Friday nights when we have a deadline to meet and have to rush from whereever we're at to get back to the office to get stories done.

But your point is well taken about last night's game. We should have had something from Stacia..

again, thanks for the e-mail."

He does not do it because he probably does not like her. I can't recall one article that he has written and has put a comment in it from Coach Crumbley. It is not good for the girls if the news reporter won't talk to their Head Coach. That email from Wayne was just a cover my a_ _ email. They could talk to all the coaches if they wanted too. Eual is old school and has his own agenda.

He does not do it because he probably does not like her. I can't recall one article that he has written and has put a comment in it from Coach Crumbley. It is not good for the girls if the news reporter won't talk to their Head Coach. That email from Wayne was just a cover my a_ _ email. They could talk to all the coaches if they wanted too. Eual is old school and has his own agenda.

Yeah I know the Tribune works on deadline, but Justin Holt, the guy that covers Jeff County games with me always gets quotes. I know the CT deadline isn't until 4 of 5 in the morning though. The Sun's deadline may be 11 or 12 if they print early, not sure how you all work up Greeneville way. But still, the freakin girls game is first. I always talk to Potts before the boys game or during half of the boys game.

Yeah I know the Tribune works on deadline, but Justin Holt, the guy that covers Jeff County games with me always gets quotes. I know the CT deadline isn't until 4 of 5 in the morning though. The Sun's deadline may be 11 or 12 if they print early, not sure how you all work up Greeneville way. But still, the freakin girls game is first. I always talk to Potts before the boys game or during half of the boys game.

Geez you would think in this age of wireless internet, ol Eual could take his trusty laptop and send the article electronically. Maybe he still bangs them out on an old typewriter :blink:

PTS has to be overjoyed that the "MEDIA" attention has turned from him to ole Eual!!!! :blink:

Now, how about some game comments:

Does Jeff County have a chance against Tenn High?

Can Cocke County find a way to win on the road?

Can Science Hill beat Morrsitown West at West?

Will Sullivan South stay within 30 points of Greeneville?

My thoughts:

Yes

Questionable

Yes

No.

PTS has to be overjoyed that the "MEDIA" attention has turned from him to ole Eual!!!! :blink:

My thoughts:

Yes

Questionable

Yes

No.

No

Maybe

Yes

Yes

My thoughts:

Yes

Questionable

Yes

No.

A chance? yes, remember Morristown West beat Tennessee High so that tells you what kind of team they have. A probability? No, not if JC plays like they have been.

Yes

Haven't seen SH, but if they have any kind of offense it's possibile

No way South will win, but 30 points is a big task at this point of season

He had to have a luxury box for him and his wife :thumb:

Maybe just maybe he did not want to take Steve Wilhoit's seat???? Or how about this one he can not see the action well enough from the upper level of the stadium???? Any other good excuses come to mind?????? And maybe he is busy going to the bathroom or getting something to eat between games or at halftime of the boys game and can not find Stacia???

I think the deadline is 11 at the sun, they have an early delivery time on Saturdays, my paper is usually delivered between five and six!

PTS has to be overjoyed that the "MEDIA" attention has turned from him to ole Eual!!!! :thumb:

My thoughts:

Yes

Questionable

Yes

No.

Jeff county will have a chance in this game, however I don't see them pulling out the upset. The press from T.High will cause them trouble

Cocke County can and will find a way to beat Boone. This will set up a rematch between Cocke County and Greeneville.

Look for Johnny to have Morristown West ready for this game. They played poorly in the district championship game. They will win and have a rematch with T. High.

South has a very good player in Samantha Williams. She will get her points, but it won't be enough to stay with Greeneville. Greeneville's post will score and score a lot in this game. They will be eager to have the rematch with Cocke County.

First, let me go ahead and apologize for the length.

Long time reader, 1st time poster.

I know there are a lot of reporters on this thread. You might want to think about some background stories on some of these teams. For instance, instead of giving Gville guards a hard time, think what they have had to overcome losing their main outside threat over the summer. It takes a while to remix the chemistry.

When you give MoWest a hard time about “getting lucky”, take a look at their luck this season. Made a nice run last year at a tough gym and got rewarded to “host” the sectional at that same tough gym. Thanks for Gville for understanding and letting them play where they had become a little comfortable. Anyway, to this year. Picked up a backup PG this summer only to lose her when she went back to her home district. She made MVP at that district. Lost starting senior post 3 weeks before fall practice with completely blown knee. Lost promising backup guard 3rd game with ACL. Lost 2nd starting senior post the next game with ACL. Lost starting senior PG with not an ACL, but dislocated shoulder. 3 senior starters off of last years Region champs…gone. 2 of them all district last year. Now you’ve got guards playing posts and freshman playing guards. Instead of a tough man to man D, they have to learn to play zone. Everybody has to relearn roles on O. No points off of D, anemic O. Oh and throw in the 2nd toughest schedule in TN(according to this board). Going .500 was an accomplishment. When they played good, they were good, but when they played bad against good teams you get beat by Gville by 30, Wilson Central by 30.

Anyway, I hope IMAC does good. Glad MoWest is in opposite bracket of Devils and Big Red. I think Jeff can shoot well at those tight rims at Viking Hall. Hope our district fans will travel if it’s all IMAC in the Region!

First, let me go ahead and apologize for the length.

Long time reader, 1st time poster.

I know there are a lot of reporters on this thread. You might want to think about some background stories on some of these teams. For instance, instead of giving Gville guards a hard time, think what they have had to overcome losing their main outside threat over the summer. It takes a while to remix the chemistry.

When you give MoWest a hard time about “getting lucky”, take a look at their luck this season. Made a nice run last year at a tough gym and got rewarded to “host” the sectional at that same tough gym. Thanks for Gville for understanding and letting them play where they had become a little comfortable. Anyway, to this year. Picked up a backup PG this summer only to lose her when she went back to her home district. She made MVP at that district. Lost starting senior post 3 weeks before fall practice with completely blown knee. Lost promising backup guard 3rd game with ACL. Lost 2nd starting senior post the next game with ACL. Lost starting senior PG with not an ACL, but dislocated shoulder. 3 senior starters off of last years Region champs…gone. 2 of them all district last year. Now you’ve got guards playing posts and freshman playing guards. Instead of a tough man to man D, they have to learn to play zone. Everybody has to relearn roles on O. No points off of D, anemic O. Oh and throw in the 2nd toughest schedule in TN(according to this board). Going .500 was an accomplishment. When they played good, they were good, but when they played bad against good teams you get beat by Gville by 30, Wilson Central by 30.

Anyway, I hope IMAC does good. Glad MoWest is in opposite bracket of Devils and Big Red. I think Jeff can shoot well at those tight rims at Viking Hall. Hope our district fans will travel if it’s all IMAC in the Region!

Great First Post! :thumb: