Riverdale vs. LC

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope LC's quaterback has grown over the year, and doesnt throw the ball away (alot of them went for intentional groundings, one in the endzone cost them a safety) any time he's under any pressure, or it will be a long night for LC. cause i have a feeling we will be getting to the QB alot

Not if I can help it. Me and my "best friend", no. 99 from Riverdale get to face off again, and I can't do much worse than I did against him in week 4. I've started against Riverdale three years running (the first year only in the 2nd half because of an injury) and I believe I've lined up against the same person every time, and he's a good one. I have a lot of respect for the Riverdale football program. They have always seemed well coached and sportsmanlike when we've played them over my years at LC. I am definitely going to do my best, because if everyone doesn't, a team of Riverdale's caliber will kill you. However, If we can keep it together, we can win. Much stranger things have already happened in Round 1, and there's no reason to think they couldn't in Round 2. The key for LC is to minimize mistakes, and stop the 6 min-to-go breakdowns. Even then, it will be close.

Not if I can help it. Me and my "best friend", no. 99 from Riverdale get to face off again, and I can't do much worse than I did against him in week 4. I've started against Riverdale three years running (the first year only in the 2nd half because of an injury) and I believe I've lined up against the same person every time, and he's a good one. I have a lot of respect for the Riverdale football program. They have always seemed well coached and sportsmanlike when we've played them over my years at LC. I am definitely going to do my best, because if everyone doesn't, a team of Riverdale's caliber will kill you. However, If we can keep it together, we can win. Much stranger things have already happened in Round 1, and there's no reason to think they couldn't in Round 2. The key for LC is to minimize mistakes, and stop the 6 min-to-go breakdowns. Even then, it will be close.

Sir, there's no question in my mind that if all the players on the team have your attitude then the Falcons will walk off the field at Tomahawk next Friday night with their heads held high and proud to be part of Lincoln County High School football! The score won't matter, but I guarantee that it will be close! If the ball bounces the right way a few times, y'all will be playing in the 3rd round!

Go, and may your teammates do likewise!!!

As 93grad always says:

LC! LC! LC!

The respect BOTH programs have for each other goes back a long time. Both have played hard and folks at R'dale remember one of only two losses on their home field and LC has one of them. Some of us remember that we returned the favor in the playoffs though in a great game at the Pit. Thing R'dale has to remember is that it could happen to them on their field this time.

Can't get over confident or cocky at this time of year. Any team you meet in the playoffs can and will beat you if you let them. What happened last Friday night in the state proves that! There are a few Region Champs turning their equipment in Monday because they forgot this.

:)