Smith County @Boyd Buchanan

rkw38

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Mellow Mushroom also....There's also a T.G.I Fridays around the Aquarium...All the places that have been named are excellent places to eat...

I've eat at all of those. All are very good places. How about our Hosts pick a place to eat and maybe afew of us Owl Fans will stop by. I know for sure me and OriginalSC3 will come. Just let us know where everyone wants to meet and what time. Try something downtown if you don't mind.

I looked for you Friday...I'll find you this week.

I agree, this would be a great game for the regular season. Smith Co. is always a top program, and it would be a good measuring stick for both teams each year.

We do need someone to replace Knox Catholic on our schedule. Don't think we will be making that trip again next year. LOL :D

Us SC fans are sorry for the loss of the young ones life as well. That's really a tragedy.

I look forward to this match-up. I expect one of those ole fashioned slobber knocker games decided by a couple of big plays. I think SC's fans should fill up the visiting bleachers. SC fans are fickle though. Is the band going? If the band goes, it should be filled up.

Everyone knows you put us out of the playoffs last year at our place. We hope we can return the favor. One at a Time OWLS

Yes...we managed to cheer for the team on Friday night, and we will again this Friday, but trash talk is the last thing on most of our minds this week. It seems like there are some on here from places other than SC or Boyd who want the talk, but I think SC & Boyd have a very strong respect for each other after last year's game. Let's keep it civil this week, please.

I hope a big crowd comes from Smith Co. I'd love to see the place filled up. I think we should all expect to see a GREAT game.

There's no doubt about that. Our game last year was very clean and hard hitting. I expect no less this year. We have a lot of respect for your program...and what you have accomplished. There's really nothing to trash talk about. I hope a focused and motivated Owl team shows up there Friday.

When you comin back to Chatt. Its been a minute since we chilled. Give me your email address or soemthing. Me and the gf were at a UT game and saw you ont he field, snapped a pic of you haha.

It was from the Cal game. Not hard to pick you out.

If Boyd can beat Smith County, I might be coming in Thanksgiving weekend. We will definitely have to get together.

Usually food is available @ the concession stand from 6:30 on (might want to check closer to gameday to be sure.) While the food at BBS is great and the proceeds help the school I think that the unanamous quick, inexpensive favorite place to eat is (drumroll please) AMIGO"S Mexican Resteraunt!! Buc4- I'm so disappointed in you! You eat there what, 6-8 times a week? Great food, fast if you get there early and dirt cheap! It is in the Brainerd Village shopping area (across the creek behind Hooters) which puts it 3 minutes from the school. Stealth parking: If you get there close to game time, try the Kangaroo Quick-Mart side lot at the corner of N.Moore and Shallowford Rd. Its at the end of the levee and about a 5-8 minute walk through the neighborhood (which is behind the store) to the school.

SC fans- @ last years' game I was so impressed with your players and families. After the "spirited" trash-talk on these boards and a hard fought game (and a season-ending loss) each and every SC player or parent I talked to was polite, friendly and praised our team and wished them well. You let me know if any of our kids or fans are anything less (off the field)to you as our guests this year.

Having not seen SC play this year (my boy graduated last year, but I love to watch many of my friends kids play) what do we expect? Still throw the ball a bit? Great running game? Special teams? I was impressed last year with how well ya'll threw the ball.

Btw- has anyone heard how McCord is? His knee didn't look too good Friday night.

Usually food is available @ the concession stand from 6:30 on (might want to check closer to gameday to be sure.) While the food at BBS is great and the proceeds help the school I think that the unanamous quick, inexpensive favorite place to eat is (drumroll please) AMIGO"S Mexican Resteraunt!! Buc4- I'm so disappointed in you! You eat there what, 6-8 times a week? Great food, fast if you get there early and dirt cheap! It is in the Brainerd Village shopping area (across the creek behind Hooters) which puts it 3 minutes from the school. Stealth parking: If you get there close to game time, try the Kangaroo Quick-Mart side lot at the corner of N.Moore and Shallowford Rd. Its at the end of the levee and about a 5-8 minute walk through the neighborhood (which is behind the store) to the school.

SC fans- @ last years' game I was so impressed with your players and families. After the "spirited" trash-talk on these boards and a hard fought game (and a season-ending loss) each and every SC player or parent I talked to was polite, friendly and praised our team and wished them well. You let me know if any of our kids or fans are anything less (off the field)to you as our guests this year.

Having not seen SC play this year (my boy graduated last year, but I love to watch many of my friends kids play) what do we expect? Still throw the ball a bit? Great running game? Special teams? I was impressed last year with how well ya'll threw the ball.

Btw- has anyone heard how McCord is? His knee didn't look too good Friday night.

I was gonna suggest parking at the levee also. That is if it is extremely packed that you have to. A little closer than the church if you ask me. If not park on the side roads.

Amigos is great if ya don't want to eat downtown.

Thank you for the compliments. We do have a good bunch of kids...parents...and coaches. I am glad you had a good experience here. I am expecting no less at your place.

We have the same qb...and receivers except for #2 last year in Billy Plummer. He was a gamer. I would think our other receivers have improved quite a bit since last year. Our tb was injured and did not play. He is healthy this year. Our offense is balanced...as yours is. I guess most teams that make it to the 2nd round are.

Edited by Antwan

Thank you for the compliments. We do have a good bunch of kids...parents...and coaches. I am glad you had a good experience here. I am expecting no less at your place.

We have the same qb...and receivers except for #2 last year in Billy Plummer. He was a gamer. I would think our other receivers have improved quite a bit since last year. Our tb was injured and did not play. He is healthy this year. Our offense is balanced...as yours is. I guess most teams that make it to the 2nd round are.

Yup we finally got that balance back with a healthy Hathaway. He is a special player. Even after the 2 knee injuries. Ya i remember hearing that your TB from last year was hurt when we played you. So that should help add to your attack this year. Can't wait for this Friday!