crockett county vs Covington: Round Two

brink37

congratulations to covington on winning a hard fought game 33-28. #18 killed us up the middle and we just took too long to get it going. great adjustments by covington from the first game to slow our passing game down.

crockett had a great season, nothing to hang their heads about. i am proud to be a crockett county fan.

this is the time of year where anyone can lose at any time. congrats again to covington, best of luck next week.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Covington Chargers...they just outplayed the Cavaliers tonight and deserve to move on. The Cavaliers had a great season, one of the most successful in school history, and should be proud of all they accomplished. Thanks to all the seniors for the memories...a combined record of 41-8 over a four year period, shows the dedication you had to the tradition that is "Cavalier football". :thumb:

Dang Crockett County....I went to the TCA-Lake County game tonight and planned on catching you guys later. :thumb:

Great season for the Cavaliers. Please don`t hang your head. I know you`re disappointed but you guys should be proud of your season. I think CC had the best team in West TN this year. It just didn`t work out in the playoffs.

What a game in Alamo tonight! Covington had a very good game plan and took some chances on offense and defense tonight. Split backfield with #18 Jones Hayden helped them stay in many 3rd and short situations. This took a lot of pressure off the offense. Covington did not throw many passes but when they did it was a postive play every time. DB's gave a 7 to 8 yard cushion on Crockett's receivers but got good help from the safety. Covington was able to get pressure on Massey at times that seemed to get the timing off a little. It really helped that one of the twins was in the backfield tonight. Eventhough he did a great job running the ball it allowed Covington to focus on just the one receiver. Crockett had a great year and still is a great team. We are glad to be moving on. :blink: Just shows how tough this region is.

On the way home through Maury City & Gates I drove through one of the wildest storms ever. Glad it did not start until the game was over.

Outstanding game tonite Chargers. I think everyone in west tennessee was expecting another crockett county win. I sensed things were going to be different before the game even started. Covington seemed more focused than I have ever seen them this season during warm-ups. Also a great game plan making the changes on offense and the defensive adjustments from the first time these two teams met. My hat is off to Crockett County, you guys had an outstanding season and an outstanding team. And by far some of the most loyal supporters. I remember the support ya'll brought to Covington a few weeks ago and you definetly had the stands packed tonite. I had numerous Crockett County fans come up to me as I was leaving tonite offering congratulations on a well played game and wishing us luck the rest of the way. Tonite's game was one of the most exciting I have seen in years. A hard fought game by two outstanding teams. Good luck Chargers next week against Dyersburg.

Tonight's game was a thriller from start to finish. The Chargers were able to take advantage of two first quarter mistakes by Crockett (a punt block & an interception) and converted both into touchdowns. That turned out to be the margin we needed to keep Crockett working uphill all night. However, Crockett's offense was able to keep adding points, the scoring went back and forth, and the game was in doubt until Covington recovered the final on-side kick with just over a minute left to play.

I would have liked to see both teams advance farther into the playoffs, but that was not the way the bracket was set up. Congratulations to Crockett County for a great year. As I told our friends on the Crockett side just after the national anthem tonight, I was prepared to root for Crockett to go all the way if they had beat us tonight. Coach Pratt has done a super job with your team, and you should be proud of them. They are very talented.

As for the Chargers, I have never been prouder of a bunch of players in the Purple and Gold. What an effort on both sides of the ball tonight! I have seen over 200 Charger games in person since 1985, and this effort tonight is one of the finest I've witnessed. To go into the home field of a playoff opponent ranked in the top 2 or 3 in the state and to win this way says a lot about the character of the coaches and the players.

Let's enjoy this win tonight, and then get ready for Dyersburg.

Lots of fun if you were a charger fan! I think this game ranks with the win over Greenbrier a few years back. CC fans really were supporting their team. Hard fought game with both teams pulling out all the stops. Good weather until the drive home. CC really missed Perry plugging the middle LB spot last night. That seemed the difference to me. Good luck next week at D-Burg!

To the players, coaches and fans of Crockett County-what a group of fine people! After the game-though there were tears, every CC person I came in contact with said "Congrats" and Good Luck! CC DO NOT HANG YOUR HEADS!! As a Covington Fan, you make me proud of your team and of the teams we have beaten-you are THE BEST in TENNESSEE!! We beat the #1 team!! GOOD LUCK IN THE FUTURE!!