Tenn High @ Mo' West

THSVikings2004

Canefan72 i didn't mean it the way it sounded. I consider B-T one of the best places to play high school football in the area. I meant with the current field condition(I agree with your reason for that) it is a poor excuse of a field to play an important game on at this time. Sorry if it sounded negative toward B-T.

OK. BT is great but there is no way anyone can ask grass to hold up to the demands they put on it. If there is any place that needs turf, it is BT. I mentioned to Dr. Lynch that if they do it, they need to have every 5 yards a different shade of green, like at Oregon or Nebraska. What do you think?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will be a close one throughout the whole game. I'm goin for TN High though cause i think they have gotten to the point where they are playing smarter, with more heart, and more determination. If the Vikes reduce their penalties and limit their turnovers, then it should be a close one. Mo West will be ready and might be too confident, but Tn High in return needs to step up and be ready to play to their potential to win the game. I'll go with the Vikes winning 28-21.

The Trojans approach every game confident that they will win. That is different than going in and over-estimating the opponent. Believe me that Tennessee High will not be underestimated by either the coaching staff nor the players. One game, one focus.

I would not say BT is a poor excuse for a football field. The field is like all the others(grass). It just can't hold up to the amount of play it gets because our BOE feels we don't need 2 fields or maybe fields for the middle schools to play on.

Since BT is such a great place to play, that may play into the reason there is only one field in Morristown (I was not living here when that decision was made so I really do not know). The middle schools love playing at the high school field and the stands on both sides are very accomodating (look especially at the visitor's side -- most schools have postage stamp size visitor's stands, BT is huge by comparison to most schools).

Hopefully, the council will pull the strings, get the turf and allow us to have the field we should have. If we are going to have only one, then it needs to be the best surface to take the amount of games that are played there.

BTW -- during the MoWest vs KnoxWest game, the announcers said that BT was more like a small college field than a high school field due to the atmosphere in the stadium. All good seats on both sides with a great view of the action. Everyone in Morristown needs to push for the turf. If affects all of the football players (6th grade and up) in town and the boys' soccer teams.

Edited by leectn

OK. BT is great but there is no way anyone can ask grass to hold up to the demands they put on it. If there is any place that needs turf, it is BT. I mentioned to Dr. Lynch that if they do it, they need to have every 5 yards a different shade of green, like at Oregon or Nebraska. What do you think?

I like the idea of different shades - would give a distinct look to it (if I could only do that with my lawn...). I've heard from a couple of different people that it is pretty much a done deal - it is a no brainer and would pay for itself in less than ten years with the money spent on sod and maintenance/upkeep.