Who is the best sophmore in Tennessee?

arizonakatz5

tyler thompson is good but he wouldn't be nothing if it wasn't for jake brewer and tanner andrews getting him the ball

Yeah but not everybody can do something with it when they get the ball. I do feel like they do a great job of working together on the court. That is what I mean by not being selfish. Thompson doesn't just play for himself. If someone else is open then he passes it back out. There are not many post players that will do that. I think that those three guys play good together. Collinwood could have one of the best teams on single A division this year.

tyler thompson is good but he wouldn't be nothing if it wasn't for jake brewer and tanner andrews getting him the ball

Yeah but not everybody can do something with it when they get the ball. I do feel like they do a great job of working together on the court. That is what I mean by not being selfish. Thompson doesn't just play for himself. If someone else is open then he passes it back out. There are not many post players that will do that. I think that those three guys play good together. Collinwood could have one of the best teams on single A division this year.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tavarres Jefferson of Ensworth High School. I know it might seem like I am bias, but just think of what he has done. As a freshman, he took Ensworth through the D-II Division when they only had Freshmen and Sophmores. He is a true point guard that plays on the Tennessee Tigers with Zeke Mason and 3 other sophmores at Ensworth and led them to 4th in the nation for their age class. He is the mvp of that team and makes all those players around him better not only on his aau, but also at Ensworth. Look out for him this year, and especially when Ensworth becomes a full school next year when he is a junior.

I agree with this. Tavarres Jefferson is averaging 24 points a game right now. Not only do they have Jeffeson but they also have Miles Asafo-Adjei (10th), Kevin McDermott (11th), Gary Pope (10th). It may be hard for them to get to the championship game, but next year they will have more of a chance considering that they will have Trent Wallace (11th now) who is 6ft 7 who can shoot 3's.

• 1 month later...

Marlon Brown from Harding was the best sophomore in the state until he tore his meniscus. He held Ferrakon Hall to like ten points while he scored 19. He also held Leslie McDonald to only 12 points while he scored about 22. He plays defense very well and at 6'5" or 6'6" he handles the ball like a pointguard. We will have to wait till next year though to see his true talent because he is out for the rest of the season.

Marlon Brown from Harding was the best sophomore in the state until he tore his meniscus. He held Ferrakon Hall to like ten points while he scored 19. He also held Leslie McDonald to only 12 points while he scored about 22. He plays defense very well and at 6'5" or 6'6" he handles the ball like a pointguard. We will have to wait till next year though to see his true talent because he is out for the rest of the season.

HAHAHAHA....Marlon is a great player but not better than Leslie Mcdonald...Yea maybe he held Leslie to 12 points,but Leslie's game isnt based on points.He lets the game come to him.He can score on ANYBODY in Tennessee.They are both good friends of mine and we know who the best is...LESLIE MCDONALD....But Marlon is in the top three with Leslie being #1,him at #2,and Ferrakon at #3

leslie is def. the best sophomore in the state. he's already ranked no. 11 in the nation. marlon brown is a very good player, but he's not near as good as leslie. marlon scores 20 a game bcuz there isnt anyone on his team that can score. leslie has great scorers around him like another top sophomore gregg wooten and junior elgin lee (17 ppg)

Crittendon from DC is a pretty good player and he started every game last year as a freshman at the point he has some promise. They only won 3 games but this year will be different keep your eyes and ears open to DC.

I agree with you warmachine, CJ is for sure the best left handed sophomore, and is giving all the seniors he has faced, fits. He is so quick. The no look passes are really something to see. He has talent you just can't teach, you either got or you don't.

• 2 weeks later...
HAHAHAHA....Marlon is a great player but not better than Leslie Mcdonald...Yea maybe he held Leslie to 12 points,but Leslie's game isnt based on points.He lets the game come to him.He can score on ANYBODY in Tennessee.They are both good friends of mine and we know who the best is...LESLIE MCDONALD....But Marlon is in the top three with Leslie being #1,him at #2,and Ferrakon at #3

Well I agree with you that Marlon is better than Ferrakon, but I still think Marlon is the best. He is 6'5" yet he can handle the ball and play pointguard. He gives a lot of assists, blocks a lot of shots, steals a lot of passes, and scores a lot of points. I still think that Marlon's attitude can carry him farther than anyone in the state. He very unselfish. Marlon is one of the most incredible athletes Ive seen in a while. Leslie is very good, but I think that Marlon is better.

Well I agree with you that Marlon is better than Ferrakon, but I still think Marlon is the best. He is 6'5" yet he can handle the ball and play pointguard. He gives a lot of assists, blocks a lot of shots, steals a lot of passes, and scores a lot of points. I still think that Marlon's attitude can carry him farther than anyone in the state. He very unselfish. Marlon is one of the most incredible athletes Ive seen in a while. Leslie is very good, but I think that Marlon is better.

Well everyone has their opinions,but Leslie has a great attitude...Leslie also has way more talent around him and unlike marlon he doesnt have to do everything...thats the reason marlon appears to do alot[cause he has to]and as far as scoring,he averages more than marlon even with three furture college players around him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!