JCS at Lake County

JaxMan

JCS's defense showed that they can be dominant against mckenzie if they play that well again and shut down springer then jcs wins by 14

Was the J.C.S. defense as dominant as you say they were or did McKenzie just shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers?...How bout it Butchie or Duckman...I was under the impression that the Rebels moved the ball..just couldn't convert on key 4th down plays into points..

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the J.C.S. defense as dominant as you say they were or did McKenzie just shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers?...How bout it Butchie or Duckman...I was under the impression that the Rebels moved the ball..just couldn't convert on key 4th down plays into points..

Here are the stats from The Jackson Sun:

Jackson Christian School

Rushing 33/121yards

Passing 11-19-0-1TD 149 yards

Total JCS offense 270 yards on 52 offensive plays 5.19 yards per play

McKenzie

Rushing 25/58 yards

Passing 19-39-5 int-0 191 yards

Total McKenzie offense 249 yards on 64 plays. 3.89 yards per play

McKenzie's QB was preassured all night long when he threw.

The JCS defense bent at times. But in each and every KEY situation of the game, the JCS defense stepped up to the plate and delivered! As you can tell, McKenzie's running game was basically shut down. JCS displayed a very balanced offense as you can see from the statistics.

As a LC player , and speaking for the rest of my team we have realized that you dont have to blow a team out to win. We know that JCS is a very good team and we wont be overlooking them, cause to get where we wanna be you gotta take it one game @ time. No one ever thought we would make it out the first round but we played like we are capable of playing.... yes we have much to work on but so does every other team that is still playing for the gold ball...But all in all we were given an opportunity and now we are going to make to most of them cause you neva know wen you are gonna play your last 48 minutes.

mrbigster,

The Rebels peaked about the Union City or Bruceton game. We were still playing good against ya'll. Then we had 3 weak teams in a row and the starters didn't play a lot at all. When we played JCS, being on the down side of our peak (we peaked too soon), having 3-4 key players injured (our RB French played very little against JCS for one) and the inexperience of our QB in a high pressure situation, we kinda shot ourselves in the foot a lot last Friday night. These aren't excuses, just facts. We got beaten fair and square but, JCS got far from our best game too!!!!!!

With that said, JCS has a very good team and I don't expect they will beat themselves Friday night. My personal opinion after playing/seeing both teams is that all things at 100%, Lake Co. will win this one (in a close one)!!!! Ya'll better keep #11 under wraps though. If he gets loose it's trouble.

Before the season, I picked Lake Co. to win the region. They are playing like the team I thought they would be now. which ever of these two teams wins and crosses the river should represent West TN well but, I'm pullin' for Lake Co. to be the one that gets to go. It's a 7A thang!!!!!

mrbigster,

One other thing I failed to mention, our play selection last Friday against JCS was very uncharacteristic of the Rebels all season and it sure didn't help our effort any against JCS either. Actually, it stunk. We already had a hindered running game with French hurt (we did/do have other running backs with a bright future but we needed the horses against JCS) and then we watched our passing game go to the low % passing attack. That's fine against a South Fulton, Gleason or Halls (based on this season's teams) but, it'll kill you against a team like JCS.

A short to intermediate high % passing attack mixed with a solid running game will put smoke on JCS. If I remember correctly, that is just what ya'll do best!!!! :D

Edited by duckman38201