McCallie vs. Brentwood Academy

Buzzman

This one was like a prize fight -- each landing blows. Every time BA would get a little breathing room, McCallie would counter punch. BJ Coleman was pretty amazing and his receivers did a great job. You just knew if BA wasn't able to get that last first down that McCallie would score . . .

Congratulations to BA and particularly the seniors. Ryan White, Tyree Ford, John Garret, Tyler Baker, Trent Caffee, AJ Green . . . too many to mention. Tyree and Ryan had great games -- each had big plays.

This was a well played game -- clean and with very few mistakes by either team -- both should be proud. My only disapointment was watching Ronnie Carter as he turned his back and walked away as Coach Flatt and BA were given the Gold Ball. He handed McCallie their trophy and walked away . . . class act.

GO BA!

I wasn't at the game so it would be inappropriate for me to comment. However, if what you're saying is true, it doesn't surprise me in the least.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I saw it, he was on the field along with a female rep (maybe from Blue Cross?). He gave the coaches trophy and the silver ball to McCallie and then walked away as the lady gave the coaches trophy and gold ball to BA.

You saw it, I didn't. If it's true, that's all we need to know about the TSSAA. Oh yeah, congratulations to the fine people and team of Brentwood Academy. Another gold ball to add to the trophy cases. And to McCallie.......excellent job. After listening to the radio broadcast, I knew it wasn't over. Not until the final whistle blew.

Congrats to BA on that elusive DII-AAA title. I know there are quite a few long-suffering BA football fans on this site...itzme, jek, WesVols, Brandon100, USA1, et al. - enjoy. Congrats to McCallie on a great year as well.

A little tidbit before we let the BA fans celebrate: the 10 DII-Large/AAA champions are now 46-1 all-time in non-league games during their championship seasons, and undefeated versus DI opponents.

Thanks for the kind words RRR. I am very proud of this year's group

of seniors. Many of these kids have been together since middle school

and have always carried the burden of high expectations. It was

gratifying to see them go out with a state championship.

Great game by both teams. Fulmer should be very excited about

his incoming quarterback prospect.

You saw it, I didn't. If it's true, that's all we need to know about the TSSAA. Oh yeah, congratulations to the fine people and team of Brentwood Academy. Another gold ball to add to the trophy cases. And to McCallie.......excellent job. After listening to the radio broadcast, I knew it wasn't over. Not until the final whistle blew.

That's what I saw as well. Its possible that the predetermined plan

was for Carter to take care of runner up and the lady take

care of the winner. However, it does seem a little coincidental.

Of course, Carter may have been worried that Coach Flatt was

going to ask him for a check along with that gold ball :blink:

Went to the game tonight to watch my fellow Chattanoogan team McCallie play. The deference in the game was upfront. BA was just to big and strong upfront. BA's running back is a good one. I can't believe he is a 2nd stringer... Coleman is the real deal. There is nobody in the state in the past 10 years that could be compared to him. He is hands down teh best QB i've seen in high school live.

After finally getting a chance to watch McCallie play live I do think an Ooltewah/McCallie game will be a high scoring affair. BJ would pick Ooltweah apart and Ooltewah would do anything they wanted to against McCallies defense. I do believe McCallie might have an advantage if they did play because of how good #16 is. McCallie had a great year this year and congrats to them and espcially to the seniors. I can't wait to see BJ wear Orange and White next year. Some of you McCallians come back to Murfreesbora in 2 weeks to watch my Owls play if we make it!

Coleman is the real deal. There is nobody in the state in the past 10 years that could be compared to him. He is hands down teh best QB i've seen in high school live.

Kind of makes you want to see more DII football, doesn't it? Coleman is very good, no doubt. Of the more recent DII QB's, I think Ingle Martin and Benji Walker were a bit better at the high school level, but Coleman is definitely in that class.

My only disapointment was watching Ronnie Carter as he turned his back and walked away as Coach Flatt and BA were given the Gold Ball. He handed McCallie their trophy and walked away . . . class act.

GO BA!

That pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the man. Even still, that is just shocking to read. Whenever I think the man can't be a bigger embarassment he is, he stoops to a new low. If it's not bad enough that he's a disaster at his job, now he shows that he can also act with no class. What a joke.

Anyways, congrats to both teams on great seasons and a great finale. Sounds like this was our own version of the "game of the century." And especially congrats to BA and Coach Flatt on the first d2 title.

That pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the man. Even still, that is just shocking to read. Whenever I think the man can't be a bigger embarassment he is, he stoops to a new low. If it's not bad enough that he's a disaster at his job, now he shows that he can also act with no class. What a joke.

Anyways, congrats to both teams on great seasons and a great finale. Sounds like this was our own version of the "game of the century." And especially congrats to BA and Coach Flatt on the first d2 title.

Congrats to Coach Flatt and the rest of the eagles. It's been a long time coming. Great game between two outstanding and classy teams. Now let's go get two more of the round gold balls this year.

"Through strife and toil we will prevail, united we will be, we pledge our honor pround and strong......"