Who is the next Coach at Science Hill.....

TnRiverRat

Very well said Stonewall

...and I don't know but one of the assistants and they may all be very fine men, but what are their expectations and goals and do they mirror those of the the head coach?...

Is the new coach going to be able to bring in assistants?...how many?...are there many job openings in the system for a new staff to be assembled?...

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just wondering if bowles' comment, "I hobble around a little bit, but I'm not burned out. I would like to continue working." is laying the ground work to show his true character. Also, do you realize that the only people that are speaking out of the firing, are people on the outside of the community?.! The people who have kids playing and go to the games are concerned with who we are getting to replace him......makes you go hmmmmmm

Edited by topvol98

of course db fans liked him, except for the regular season both programs seasons are at the same place

I didn't care for him because I think he made too many excuses and was always saying "we can compete" or "we competed well" when J.C. should have the talent to do more than just compete...

With that being said the statement that both programs are at the same place is just wrong...yes DB lost in the 1st rnd in 05&06, but Science Hill has not even been competitive in the early round playoff games ('06-24 pt loss, '05-20 point loss). They have not been in position to win and have not made it past the 2nd round in 12 years. SH didn't even MAKE the playoffs in '04, '02, '00, '99, etc. That is not the same as DB, 14 straight playoff appearances, 3 semis in last 8 years and 6 qtrs in last 9 years....in that same time Science Hill has only 2 wins including a 36 point loss to DB in 98. DB has 24 playoff appearances to 12 for Science Hill.

But, I don't see any reason for Science Hill not to be more competitive and maybe the next guy can take them up a notch.

I didn't care for him because I think he made too many excuses and was always saying "we can compete" or "we competed well" when J.C. should have the talent to do more than just compete...

With that being said the statement that both programs are at the same place is just wrong...yes DB lost in the 1st rnd in 05&06, but Science Hill has not even been competitive in the early round playoff games ('06-24 pt loss, '05-20 point loss). They have not been in position to win and have not made it past the 2nd round in 12 years. SH didn't even MAKE the playoffs in '04, '02, '00, '99, etc. That is not the same as DB, 14 straight playoff appearances, 3 semis in last 8 years and 6 qtrs in last 9 years....in that same time Science Hill has only 2 wins including a 36 point loss to DB in 98. DB has 24 playoff appearances to 12 for Science Hill.

But, I don't see any reason for Science Hill not to be more competitive and maybe the next guy can take them up a notch.

Your absolutely right that these programs are not in the same place but there is a grounp of kids at Science Hill that believe that are tired of competing and want to be feared. Why can't they be? Mainly because every keeps telling them that they should be happy being mediocre and an coach who they know keeps alot of other kids away from the program that should be playing.

"and an coach who they know keeps alot of other kids away from the program that should be playing."

That brings up an interesting point. How is the situation over there now as far as basketball and baseball players being not only allowed, but encouraged to play football? Pitts absolutely hated his guys doing anything but living in the gym. No one who's in touch with reality can argue that. Bernie Young was pretty much the same. However, both of those guys are gone now. What's the climate over there for that now?

Ralph Nelson? Why would Ralph Nelson be a done deal? No disrespect intened to him, but did they really fire John Bowles to emulate what Sullivan East has done?

Even good coaches need good athletes. East has nothing! To win more than 5 games in a season at East is a great accomplishment. He has done some great things for the East community aside from football. This will be a huge blow to them. But, with that being said, a man has to make a living.