Maryville vs Mo-town West (again!)

Past30

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the feeling MoreWest knows what is coming. I really think the Rebels will dominate this week’s game played on Friday night in Maryville. I been keeping up with MW and know this is not the best team Coach Woods has had. They have allot of youth and 13-0 from region 2 is nothing like 13-0 from region 3-4A.

Maryville at home, on thanksgiving, that's tough for any team.

I watched the knoz west game vs. MW on tape delay and have been told West has a suspect passing attack. What I saw was just that, the passing game is not very good, at least during that game. Tonight MW’s QB Wild was 2 of 5 in the air for 62 yards but the offence managed to get a respectable 377 total offense. Maryville will not give up 300 yards to MW IMO. I don't think many teams can beat Maryville being one dimensional and it looks as if MW’s is just that. Coach Woods does like to pound the rock up the middle, but Maryville won’t be pushed off the line. Another factor is in 2003, when these seniors were freshman they remember what it was like watching MW slip by on a field goal in OT. The game had been moved to Saturday afternoon and the Rebels committed 6 turnovers. They saw how upset and hurt guys like DE Hodge and RB McCord. Thompson (QB S. Carolina) and Rouse (QB Carson-Newman) were and they don’t want that feeling, no senior does. If Maryville shows up, like they did tonight vs. Red Bank, the Rebels will soundly defeat the Trojans. :thumb:

well everyone is callin it a reality check. well heres some reality. maryville has only put mowest out one time since mowest put them out. trojan fans and players, dont listen to the post of the maryville fans. they are confident in their team. we are also confident in ours. and also remember, fbemiritus is no sports anylist (spell?) he is juss telling what he feels. dont put ur money on it, he is not getting paid for his posts, or any other maryville fans for that matter. keep your confidence. we will come to play friday.

I get the feeling MoreWest knows what is coming. I really think the Rebels will dominate this week’s game played on Friday night in Maryville. I been keeping up with MW and know this is not the best team Coach Woods has had. They have allot of youth and 13-0 from region 2 is nothing like 13-0 from region 3-4A.

If you take a quick look at the schedule and strength rankings, it blows what you just said right out of the water.....

MoWest schedule rank - 31, Maryville schedule rank - 51

Mowest strength rank - 1, Maryville strenth rank - 2

You say region 3 is alot tougher than region 2? I saw two teams playing in the quarterfinals from region 2 last night (Mowest and MoEast), and only one from region 3 (Maryville). Also, MoWest played a tough out-of-conference schedule, with teams like Swain Co, NC (a powerhouse in NC) and your #2 seed Knox West.

I suggest doing a little homework before you diss region 2 and harp on region 3

Edited by troho

Can Morristown West beat Maryville? yes they can. Play real physical with Maryville & Morristown West win. You will not out coach them. So the only way

to beat Maryville is up-front. Morristown West is the last team to beat Maryville.

(2003 in playoff, I think they beat them 1 year in the Reg. season) Morristown

West last year lost the battle up-front. If they can push Maryville around, they will

have a chance too win. Go West- Make Morristown proud.

There's absolutely no reason why any West fan should be picking West over Maryville. None.

It's the equivalent of East thinking that every year is their year, they're finally going to be competitive with West...followed by them falling flat and looking silly on the internets.

Maryville owns West. No shame in that, they own everybody. Yes, we beat them occasionally, and yes, we're the only ones to do it lately, but in reality, how big of a deal is that?

That said, Maryville consistently sends out on the field what appears to me to be one of the best defenses in the state. It is highly unlikely that Morristown will run as effectively as they did last night. If they do, well that's awesome, but it would surprise me.

As Ty Webb would say to East: "You're not, you're not good." Beating them, while always fun, is no real preparation for Maryville.

So Trojan fans, don't start arguments with their fans. Logically, there's no reason to think that this year will be any different from most years. And I say most because we have beaten them before and it is not unheard of, certainly.

But what would I know? I'm just a caveman.