Maryville vs Mo-town West (again!)

Past30

:rolleyes:--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nizzi B @ Nov 19 2006 - 12:30 AM) 826260718[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

ask me what my greatest football accomplishment was ill tell you playing in college. and beating east high twice in the same year.

College ball in a whole diff. thing, im talkin HS football. If you were part of that team that beat Maryville in the semis then you just proved my point. It was a far greater accomplishment beating the Rebels (or East in your case) than it was playing in the state championship game.

Edited by B2B2B

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey this is #44 for Morristown West I can't think of one bad thing to say about Maryville they have really earn my respect. And as for the West that do talk mess, they don't know what its like to go in between those lines every Friday. You guys have earned my respect and I will give you everything I got for my teammates and true Trojans fans and will do everything in my power to be a positive leader for those guys I have spent went for the past 12 years or so. 48 minutes of football will determine this game baby.

J.J. Sims

:blink:-->

QUOTE(Nizzi B @ Nov 19 2006 - 01:14 AM) 826260871[/snapback]

Hey this is #44 for Morristown West I can't think of one bad thing to say about Maryville they have really earn my respect. And as for the West that do talk mess, they don't know what its like to go in between those lines every Friday. You guys have earned my respect and I will give you everything I got for my teammates and true Trojans fans and will do everything in my power to be a positive leader for those guys I have spent went for the past 12 years or so. 48 minutes of football will determine this game baby.

J.J. Sims

Well said....i wish you and the rest of the team the best of luck. If you win, I'll see you in Murfreesboro....and if not, CONGRATS on a great season. Morristown is proud!

My apologies, but I thought you were indicating they had played each other ALL 10 years, which obviously was not the case (as in they did not play each other in 97,98,99, or 2000)....and in 96 West was pretty much a mediocre team at best.

Oh, and since you are going by recent history....i did not see you mention they beat a 4-6 Brainerd team by only 4 points (which Red bank beat 77-8)....see, don't go by scores and stats to predict the outcome of a game....

Take Red Banks queue; don't let the Brainerd debacle think Maryville is weak. The Alcoa game was also close. True enough like the last loss to More West Maryville made mutable mistakes in Fumbles and interceptions. When any team makes mistakes in the wrong end of the field it will hurt them vs. a good and well coached team. Coach Woods is a good coach and still after all of that MW only won by a field goal in OT. Enough of that, it is history. But during the Brainerd game Maryville had 5 turnovers. On two of the fumbles Brainerd picked them up and ran into the end zone. Still Maryville had nearly 400 yards of offences while Brainerd had 178 yards of total offence to include -8 yards on the ground. Maryville did not play well. That happens once and a while to anyone. Brainerd has some success in the air but it was not enough. Last night was a typical Maryville night the offense gained nearly 400 yards and the defense didn't allow 100 and Maryville won.

Going to bed

Edited by FBEmeritus

I expect MOWest to come in fired up. MOWest is big up front. I noticed Quinton Greenlee looks fast on the highlights I have watched. MOWest will want revenge from last year. I know MOWest can run the ball. Can they throw it?

Maryville is balanced on offense. Baker and Singleton can run the ball. Singleton is dangerous out of the backfield. Maryville has 2 quarterbacks that can get it done. Maryville has great receivers. The offensive line is small but very quick. They get after you.

Both teams will have good defenses. Both teams will have good special teams. Both teams are well coached.

I believe the difference will be Maryville's balance on offense. I will say the score will be MHS 28-13

Nice MLReb, I will have to say this is your defense as a region 3 fan and fan of Halls High, I love to see our region play well but I am sick of Marvulle and what they have done to 4a football, but I will agree that there not cocky nor conceited and if they are they have a right to! Because there that DARN good! I rest my case! :P

Just curious ProVol90....why are you sick of Maryville and what have they done to 4A?

I AM SO SICK OF HEARING EVERYONE BRING UP PAST GAMES TO TRY TO COMPARE WHAT THIS TEAM DID TO THAT TEAM, AND THAT TEAM TO THIS TEAM. THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT TWO VERY GOOD TEAMS PLAY THIS FRIDAY NIGHT. I DO THINK BOTH TEAMS WILL COME READY TO WIN, BUT I THINK MARYVILLE IS JUST WAY TO GOOD TO LOSE. IT IS TRUE THAT MARYVILLE HAS HAD A COUPLE OF NOT SO GOOD GAMES IN THE FIRST & SECOND ROUND OF THIS YEARS PLAYOFFS, BUT THEY DO SOMETHING BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE, REFUSE TO LOSE! GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS TO BOTH TEAMS.

MARYVILLE-31

MORRISTOWN WEST-10

LOL...ok, i stand corrected....maryville had a good coach YEARS ago too....but whoever coached between 1978-1998 should be shot LOL!

1979 12-2 Lost 10-13 in finals to Humboldt coach Ted Wilson

1980 7-3 coach Ted Wilson

1981 10-2 Lost 2-6 in semi-finals to Kingston coach Don Story

1982 10-2 Lost 6-26 in semi-finals to Cleveland coach Don Story

1983 7-3 coach Don Story

1984 11-2 Lost 13-14 in semi-finals to Marion Co. coach Don Story

1985 6-4 coach Don Story

1986 12-2 Lost 3-21 in semi-finals to AE coach Don Story

1987 9-3 Lost 13-28 in region semi finals Central coach Don Story

1988 7-3 coach Emory Hale

1989 5-5 coach John Olive

1990 5-5 coach John Olive

1991 7-3 coach John Olive

1992 9-2 Lost 14-46 in region semi finals Clinton coach John Olive

1993 5-5 coach Tim Hammontree

1994 7-4 Lost 6-27 in region semi finals Shelbyville coach Tim Hammontree

1995 11-1 coach Tim Hammontree

1996 5-5 coach Tim Hammontree

1997 13-2 Lost 13-36 in finals to Pearl-Cohn coach Tim Hammontree

Let's see MHS played in 2 Championships during that time and also played in 4 semi finals. You wouldn't shoot Woods would you? lol