Alcoa vs Smith County

clintabbott

sleep23:

You obviously didn't read a previous post by tornadogold:

"Just to be fair, I have NO idea who Don Moyer is...I'm thinking he may be from Knoxville, so it wasn't an Alcoa person writing it (that I'm aware of). And, it's not our home page.

And, the article is only talking about our region, not all of 2A."

"Note to 2A teams: Alcoa might just be tougher next year!"

Looks like that quote is for all of 2a. :lol:

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word on the street is that Sykes is considering UT and LSU, Lanxter has committed to West Va., Carson-Newman wants Shiverdecker (UT thinks he's not big enough...they're loss!). Haven't heard anything about Sommer (he's a junior) or Hicks. Also hearing that most of the D-Line is looking at Maryville College, but nothing confirmed on that.

Would any be interested in Austin Peay? One of your former players is there right now Martin White. So that would be kind of enticing plus we are going back to the OVC and we will have a pretty good team next year even though our record does not show it, but we will a contender in the OVC. Just trying to do a little recruiting for my coaches since that is what I will be doing someday.

I have a question does anyone know if anybody who shiverdecker, sommer, sikes, and hicks are looking at or interested in?

This is what I've heard:

Lanxter- Committed to West Virginia

Sykes- Mainly between UT and LSU, I've also heard FSU and Notre Dame are in the hunt.

Sommer- South Carolina and UT have offered, heard USC's the favorite, but he'll get more and more offers.

Shiverdecker- Carson-Newman wants him bad, but he most deinitely has the talent to play D-1, I think a D-1 school will offer when all is said and done.

Hicks- I've heard is getting looks from Appy St. and Furman, size will be his downfall from getting into a D-1 program (5'8, 225).

Other seniors that I think will continue to play:

Justin Dunkin (DE)- Heard he's getting looked at pretty good by Carson-Newman, Appy St., and Furman

Josiah Standridge (OG), Bobby Keller (DE), Darrell Tate (FB), and Corey Brewer (OT)- I think they could go somewhere like Maryville College or an NAIA or DIII program.

I don't know if anyone is looking at Austin Peay or not, but why actually have two players there from last year: Martin White and walk-on Drew Miller

This is what I've heard:

Lanxter- Committed to West Virginia

Sykes- Mainly between UT and LSU, I've also heard FSU and Notre Dame are in the hunt.

Sommer- South Carolina and UT have offered, heard USC's the favorite, but he'll get more and more offers.

Shiverdecker- Carson-Newman wants him bad, but he most deinitely has the talent to play D-1, I think a D-1 school will offer when all is said and done.

Hicks- I've heard is getting looks from Appy St. and Furman, size will be his downfall from getting into a D-1 program (5'8, 225).

Other seniors that I think will continue to play:

Justin Dunkin (DE)- Heard he's getting looked at pretty good by Carson-Newman, Appy St., and Furman

Josiah Standridge (OG), Bobby Keller (DE), Darrell Tate (FB), and Corey Brewer (OT)- I think they could go somewhere like Maryville College or an NAIA or DIII program.

I don't know if anyone is looking at Austin Peay or not, but why actually have two players there from last year: Martin White and walk-on Drew Miller

NO I actually play for AP and there is no one on the team by the name of Drew Miller. Now Martin on the other hand does play and has come in, in crucial moments of some games and performed well for us when our center went down for a few plays.

NO I actually play for AP and there is no one on the team by the name of Drew Miller. Now Martin on the other hand does play and has come in, in crucial moments of some games and performed well for us when our center went down for a few plays.

I think Miller plays for Eastern Ky. or Western Ky.

A couple of seniors Tom142 forgot to mention:

Jacob LeQuire (#75), Cody Marsh (#56), Neil Cooper (#95), Alex Green (#5), James Stultz (#31)

LeQuire & Marsh have been a starter for the past couple of years; Cooper has just exploded on defense the 2nd half of the season when they switched him over from offense; Green is small, but quick and mean; Stultz is doing a great job running the ball for short carries. LeQuire and Cooper are both big guys; Marsh is like a bulldog.

Never know if one of them would be interested. "Rumor" is they're looking at Maryville College, but I'd say (and this is just a guess) that if they knew AP was interested, they'd have a look.

Edited by tornadogold

I think Miller plays for Eastern Ky. or Western Ky.

A couple of seniors Tom142 forgot to mention:

Jacob LeQuire (#75), Cody Marsh (#56), Neil Cooper (#95), Alex Green (#5), James Stultz (#31)

LeQuire & Marsh have been a starter for the past couple of years; Cooper has just exploded on defense the 2nd half of the season when they switched him over from offense; Green is small, but quick and mean; Stultz is doing a great job running the ball for short carries. LeQuire and Cooper are both big guys; Marsh is like a bulldog.

Never know if one of them would be interested. "Rumor" is they're looking at Maryville College, but I'd say (and this is just a guess) that if they knew AP was interested, they'd have a look.

I believe Drew plays at Cumberland College in Ky.

Word on the street is that Sykes is considering UT and LSU, Lanxter has committed to West Va., Carson-Newman wants Shiverdecker (UT thinks he's not big enough...they're loss!). Haven't heard anything about Sommer (he's a junior) or Hicks. Also hearing that most of the D-Line is looking at Maryville College, but nothing confirmed on that.

I heard that Sommer was going to get an offer from South Carolina. I agree about Shiverdecker, if UT doesn't go after him what a HUGE mistake. He is lightning fast a decisive in the whole. Maybe Sykes can convince Big Phil that if the Vols want Rae, then they have to take Shiverdecker as well.

All i know is Smith County better get ready. 67-0. 50-7. 38-0. You guys should look at these scores for a while before you even think about beating Alcoa. And to the people thinking that Alcoa is some sort of prep school... you have got to be kidding me. We have an average of 400 or so kids a year and the majority of them were born and raised in the city of Alcoa.....so get used to it.... were gonna be on top for a while!