Fulton at Pearl-Cohn

Big Country

I also question how PC only scored 6 points on Polk County and lost to a White House team that lost 4 or 5 games this year. Anyways, this should be a good game and the Falcons are traveling behind enemy lines, which they are very familiar with. To beat the best team, by far, in 2A on the road and to beat the #1 ranked team in 3A on the road proved that they can perform under the pressure.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, I say EAST TENNESSEE will bring home another GOLD BALL in 3A. OH no, did I actually say that? YES I DID. I'm not a FUlton fan and many of you know that already but I think with the victory last week at Catholic, that has gave Fulton the strength and ability to TCB. My good friend was really looking down upon the Falcons last week but I say 1 more GOLD BALL will be returning to Broadway. UGGGG I just don't like the sound of that but my hat is off to the Falcons.

I've been into basketball for 2 weeks now and I'm enjoying it so forget football until August 2007. LOL Man, I just hate the that my boys could be playing this week but they're not...

Oh NO ..not what I wanted to hear from Turtle ... since his past selections were a bit off ... FULTON/CARTER#2 (Turtle picked Carter) .. AE/CATHOLIC #1 and #2 he picked AE .. AE/FULTON he picked AE ..... MARYVILLE/RED BANK he picked Rde Bank ..thats about 0 - 5 ... hoping he was gonna pick Pearl Cohn ..... oh well we will just have to pull it out somehow .....

Big Country, this is copied from your post to me on the Pearl Cohn-Sycamore thread

"How's Fulton your clearcut pick in the other game when Knoxville Catholic beat the Falcons by 2TD's in their first meeting. Catholic will also be helped by the fact that they played and beat a decent team to prepare them for a "big game environment" last week in Austin East. I do believe that Fulton is the better team athletically but I'm just wondering why you believe they'll be making the trip to the midstate next week and playing a team that they're "supposedly better than" despite the fact that they haven't even proven to be able to beat KC yet dry.gif"

The young Falcons we watched at the Boro against Greenbrier have gained experience and strength. Although, I'd love to see our region win, I don't see the Firebirds holding down the Falcons. They have been there too many times, yes, but then again, that's part of the reason they will be in the Boro again this year. Traveling won't slow down Fulton. They are well-coached, and they've got players that are maxing out their abilities. Rogan will be a star once again.

And regardless of region, I am realistic. It will be Fulton and Lipscomb again at the Boro. Both of them are right at home on the Raider field.

Greenbrier[/url'>Cat2' post='826264520' date='Nov 20 2006 - 10:24 PM']

Big Country, this is copied from your post to me on the Pearl Cohn-Sycamore thread

"How's Fulton your clearcut pick in the other game when Knoxville Catholic beat the Falcons by 2TD's in their first meeting. Catholic will also be helped by the fact that they played and beat a decent team to prepare them for a "big game environment" last week in Austin East. I do believe that Fulton is the better team athletically but I'm just wondering why you believe they'll be making the trip to the midstate next week and playing a team that they're "supposedly better than" despite the fact that they haven't even proven to be able to beat KC yet dry.gif"

The young Falcons we watched at the Boro against Greenbrier have gained experience and strength. Although, I'd love to see our region win, I don't see the Firebirds holding down the Falcons. They have been there too many times, yes, but then again, that's part of the reason they will be in the Boro again this year. Traveling won't slow down Fulton. They are well-coached, and they've got players that are maxing out their abilities. Rogan will be a star once again.

And regardless of region, I am realistic. It will be Fulton and Lipscomb again at the Boro. Both of them are right at home on the Raider field.

Yes I did say that about the Knoxville Catholic-Fulton game last week. Knoxville Catholic was a great team that:

a.) beat Fulton to eliminate them from the playoffs last year.

b.) beat Fulton earlier this year by 2TD's to hand the Falcons their lone defeat.

c.) was hosting a quarterfinal playoff game at home against a team whose number they had.

Give Fulton credit because they finally got that "monkey off of their back" so to say. I'll also mention that outside of last week (which on my mock bracket I had the Falcons beating Catholic if you go look at the Class 3A Predictions topic) I clearly picked the Falcons to win every other game that they played in. I even picked them to beat Alcoa (which they wound up doing).

It's going to be a great game and I wish Fulton Falcons fans, players, & coaches making the trip a safe trip from and back to Knoxville on Friday.

HAPPY THANSGIVING TO EVERYONE OUT THERE :thumb:

Oh NO ..not what I wanted to hear from Turtle ... since his past selections were a bit off ... FULTON/CARTER#2 (Turtle picked Carter) .. AE/CATHOLIC #1 and #2 he picked AE .. AE/FULTON he picked AE ..... MARYVILLE/RED BANK he picked Rde Bank ..thats about 0 - 5 ... hoping he was gonna pick Pearl Cohn ..... oh well we will just have to pull it out somehow .....

What about the Catholic Fulton game last week.. I picked Fulton. So that's 1-5 for the year :thumb: But I like your sense of humor... But usually whoever wins Week 3 game in East Tennessee usually ends up in the state championship game.. You know me, i would love for Fulton to lose this Friday because next week December 1st is the scheduled Fulton at AE basketball game so I would hate for that game to be postponed. So take that how you want it...

But the best of luck to yall...

if rashaud mason is #5, then yes i agree with benstiller. and whoever said fulton is underrated, what rock r u living under? i have lived in knoxville this entire fall and all ive heard in 3a football is KC, fulton, KC, fulton, KC, fulton, KC, and then some more fulton. they r by no means underrated.