THE State-of-the-art Stadium in Tennessee

CoachT

While I have not seen all of the high school athletic facilities in Tennessee, I have seen quite a few and no one has what I would refer to a great facilities when compared to what is in some other states.

Take a look at what Valdosta High School in Georgia has and you will really be shocked.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I have not seen all of the high school athletic facilities in Tennessee, I have seen quite a few and no one has what I would refer to a great facilities when compared to what is in some other states.

Take a look at what Valdosta High School in Georgia has and you will really be shocked.

Here is the link: http://www.valdostafootball.com/stadium.asp

And they had a rough season this year: http://www.valdostafootball.com/2006/schedule.asp

Edited by davidlimbaugh

Here is the link: http://www.valdostafootball.com/stadium.asp

And they had a rough season this year: http://www.valdostafootball.com/2006/schedule.asp

With their great facilities & tradition my guess is the honeymoon is over for the 1st year coach. Let's not forget that the former Apopka, FL coach didn't last long @ Valdosta but when you make $100,000.00 per season to coach high school football people demand that you win championships.

I know this is not in TN, but I now live in Texas. If this doesnt meet their "state of the art" requirements I dont know what would. Check this out. This is the Round Rock ISD football stadium and cost around 28 million to build with a $1 million jumbotron.

Round Rock stadium

This is just an artists rendering, but trust me, it is even nicer than it looks.

I personally think it's a bit stupid to spend that much on a HS stadium, but they justified it by saying that three teams would play there.

I also have to agree with you. I don't care how many teams play there. A $28 million stadium in HIGH SCHOOL? Come on, a jumbotron for high school football??? THAT'S INSANE!! They've gone way, way too far on this one and football is taken way too serious there. I wonder where all that money is coming from.

Ima, that was what I was talking about when I was out there. They normally do their coaches' show from the Indoor facility. The Tigers were 8-2 before entering the Arkansas 7A Playoffs. From what I saw, most of the NW Arkansas facilities put Tennessee facilities to shame. Also Bentonville has about 4,000 students and they are planning to build more shcools in that area. It's growing like crazy.

4,000 students at one high school is WAY too many. Since Walmart is based up there, I can see why people want to move to that part of Arkansas. Does anyone know if schools like Fayetteville, Rogers, and Springdale have nice facilities? I also know of high schools in Illinois (primarily suburban Chicago) that have that many students. I know of two cousins who graduated from high school in Indianapolis where their was 800 in the graduating class.

Bentonville's facilities are CRAZY, I mean they have actual FACILITIES!! Well, Walmart is based there so they must have some serious cheese. And Valdosta's stadium is just unreal for a public high school. Where do they get that kind of $$$$. :thumb:B)

Edited by bellgo

From watching the Friday night highlights while I was in Springdale, the stadiums are very good up there, not quite Bentonville nice. The Benton County school system (Bentonville and Rogers) seemed to have slightly better facilities than Washinton County (Fayetteville, Springdale, and Springdale Har-Ber). Fayetteville seemed to have turf at their field though. Rogers eneed up 13-1, losing in the 7A finals played at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock.

Add to that Tyson Chicken, J.B. Hunt, among other companies are putting their headquarters in NW Arkansas and the fact that if you are a vendor of Walmart you have to have an office in the area. The growth shows no sign of slowing down, One more thing, the Witchita Wranglers (sp.) (KC Royals AA affiliate) are moving to Springdale in 2008.

Valdosta HS shares its stadium with Valdosta State University, thus the infux of money.

I agree that MUS might have the best in Tennessee.

Dallas Carter moved into a new stadium last year. It has to be one of the largest in high school football. It holds 15,000+

http://www.texasbob.com/football/images/tbhs_jowens.jpg

Well I guess its a distant second to "The Largest High School Football Stadium in Texas", Alamo Stadium.

http://www.texasbob.com/football/images/tbhs_AlamoSA.jpg

Edited by montague1

I agree that MUS might have the best in Tennessee.

Dallas Carter moved into a new stadium last year. It has to be one of the largest in high school football. It holds 15,000+

http://www.texasbob.com/football/images/tbhs_jowens.jpg

Well I guess its a distant second to "The Largest High School Football Stadium in Texas", Alamo Stadium.

http://www.texasbob.com/football/images/tbhs_AlamoSA.jpg

Hey, I've been out to that website before. Some of those stadiums are absolutely CRAZY!!! Have you seen the press boxes for some of them?? They're also huge!! I remember seeing Killeen High School's stadium and it was something else.

I also have to agree with you. I don't care how many teams play there. A $28 million stadium in HIGH SCHOOL? Come on, a jumbotron for high school football??? They've gone way, way too far on this one and football is taken way too serious there. I wonder where all that money is coming from.

4,000 students at one high school is WAY too many. Since Walmart is based up there, I can see why people want to move to that part of Arkansas. Does anyone know if schools like Fayetteville, Rogers, and Springdale have nice facilities? I also know of high schools in Illinois (primarily suburban Chicago) that have that many students. I know of two cousins who graduated from high school in Indianapolis where their was 800 in the graduating class.

Bentonville's facilities are CRAZY, I mean they have actual FACILITIES!! Well, Walmart is based there so they must have some serious cheese. And Valdosta's stadium is just unreal for a public high school. Where do they get that kind of $$$$. :thumb::angry:

We went to Rogers 2 years in a row and they had nice stuff, went to Hopkinville, Ky. and it was very good. Both were head over heels above anything around Memphis (public), but nothing like any of these.

Wonder how much the dues are for these booster clubs?????

I also have to agree with you. I don't care how many teams play there. A $28 million stadium in HIGH SCHOOL? Come on, a jumbotron for high school football??? They've gone way, way too far on this one and football is taken way too serious there. I wonder where all that money is coming from.

Bentonville's facilities are CRAZY, I mean they have actual FACILITIES!! Well, Walmart is based there so they must have some serious cheese. And Valdosta's stadium is just unreal for a public high school. Where do they get that kind of $$$$. :):)

No such thing as takin football to seriously. You ought to see Texas High School football in person. It's amazing.