Goodpasture/Milan (again)

duece253

I have no doubt that Milan is a great team. No one gets to this point in the season by accident. They're all good at this point. But I guarantee Coach Martin isn't looking forward to Alcoa or Smith County - he's concentrating on Milan and Friday night.

I watched GP practice yesterday, and saw the offensive line staff work on one simple fundamental for 20 minutes. Should a coach be working on simple fundamentals 2 days before a good game. Absolutely. THe big stuff in football is easy. Find a running back who is fast, make your defensive linemen stronger. But winning consistently is about the details. How to perform with near perfection on the field. Can any team do that? Probably not because there are simply too many variables on a football field. But when all of your players take care of the small details, the play takes a huge step forward.

Sure GP makes mistakes, we've made lots of them this season. But they're easier to make up for when the team has the talent that this team has - the talent to play as a team.

But can Milan outscore GP, that's where I think the GP has the edge and will win. And if Milan's defense can perform against GP, then they will deserve to move on and play Alcoa or Smith County. About 20 hours and we'll have an idea which way its going.

[/quote

and i could not agree with u more on the part of gps offense scoring points i would defianatley give them the edge there very good post

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok here goes my pick milan 21 gp 20

I hope so...Milan has done well with 1 point victories the past 2 weeks..I hope both teams come out and play to their full potential...I have seen Milan play 4 or 5 times this year and they are pretty REAL! Im hoping Goodpasture comes to Milan this week, as this will be the first time I've seen them, and show they are REAL and not have a bad game...GOOD LUCK to both teams and im hoping for a good hard fought close game :)

So, what will be the big differance maker in this game? My personal opinion is experiace acctualy. Most of the guys from GP played in this same situation last year..and pulled out a victory...which they were not favored to do, same as Milan isn't favord this week. I think the fact that they know what it takes to win a game like this, and having done it just last year gives them a little edge. They know they can win the close games, ex. JPII and DL, two very very good teams. Outside of that, I'd say turnovers. Whoever can capitolize on the others mistakes will be looking very good. I don't know much about milan, but Goodpasture doesn't make too many mistakes, and do not turn the ball over that often. They're backs have very sure hands and carry the ball well, and they're recievers are very good as well. The QB can throw the ball, and has good percentages, just doesn't get all the recognition because we don't throw alot. The 7RB's is another key here. You have the classic smashmouth backs, the ones that run you over, and the backs that will make you miss, and then are off the races. It's very tough to adjust to that.

My pick:

GP: 28

Milan: 10

This will anger all the Milan fans but i will say it anyway. CPA would beat yall. I dont think that anyone realizes how good they were. They are the number 3 team in the state in 2A. They are that good and Goodpasture beat them twice. As for this game it will be a good game because Milan is a great team they would not be this far if they were not. They have a great tradition and a great season this year even with the 5 game screw job by TSSAA. You guys are 12-1 not 8-5. Goodpasture respects you greatly but i think that Goodpasture has to much diversity this year. If the run game isnt effective they will pass the ball and they are good at that. But i think that the new plays put in to exploit the weakness will do it.

I'm not sure about the rest of the Milan fans, but that dosen't anger me a bit. From everything i heard, CPA is a very good team. If your opinion is that they would beat us then you're entitled to think that. however, we'll have to wait and see the end result of this game to make that determination for sure. I expect Goodpasture to come out and play a hard game. I also know that milan will do the same. I'm not real sure how milan will stack up against goodpasture, but i think it will be better than the majority of people think. Goodpasture has a very good team, no doubt, you dont win thirteen consecutive game without being real good. I also think milan is very good and i cant wait to see how goodpasture will react IF we play them better than they expect us to. But the fact of the matter is, friday night the 13-0and the 12-1 or 8-5 records will have absolutley no affect. Who ever come out and blocks, tackles, and makes the fewest mistakes will win.

So, what will be the big differance maker in this game? My personal opinion is experiace acctualy. Most of the guys from GP played in this same situation last year..and pulled out a victory...which they were not favored to do, same as Milan isn't favord this week. I think the fact that they know what it takes to win a game like this, and having done it just last year gives them a little edge. They know they can win the close games, ex. JPII and DL, two very very good teams. Outside of that, I'd say turnovers. Whoever can capitolize on the others mistakes will be looking very good. I don't know much about milan, but Goodpasture doesn't make too many mistakes, and do not turn the ball over that often. They're backs have very sure hands and carry the ball well, and they're recievers are very good as well. The QB can throw the ball, and has good percentages, just doesn't get all the recognition because we don't throw alot. The 7RB's is another key here. You have the classic smashmouth backs, the ones that run you over, and the backs that will make you miss, and then are off the races. It's very tough to adjust to that.

My pick:

GP: 28

Milan: 10

you are right about one thing. you don't know much about milan. they have a very talented backfield all of which are capable of breaking away for the long one at any time or grinding it down you're throat 5 and 6 yds. at a time. the qb is awesome capable of running, throwing on the run or staying in the pocket throwing the ball. great offensive line especially in the middle. speedy recievers and slotman with great hands and breakaway speed. defense speaks for itself. big runstoppers upfront with talented speedy linebackers behind them. don't even get me talking about the db's(best in the state). as far as experience, i'd say 26 straight yeras in the postseason and 4 gold balls in 2 different classes carry's a pretty big stick. don,t get me wrong , gp is a great team also . they didn't get here by luck. this game on paper is pretty evenly matched. i say the kicking game decides it with the edge going to milan. MILAN BY 6

Milan (12-1) v.s. Goodpasture (13-0)

Morris deserves a round of good luck. We know that he has caught some pretty bad breaks in the last couple of years. There were great teams that beat us but in just about every game we had the lead and lost it. He's a great coach and I hope things fall his way this Friday night under the lights.

Getting on here and seeing Huntingdon posters say that they are attending the game and rooting for Milan has really changed my perspective. I now understand the term "West Tennessee Football". No matter who is left standing in the area, we should all support that team to win.

Milan (12-1) v.s. Goodpasture (13-0)

Morris deserves a round of good luck. We know that he has caught some pretty bad breaks in the last couple of years. There were great teams that beat us but in just about every game we had the lead and lost it. He's a great coach and I hope things fall his way this Friday night under the lights.

Getting on here and seeing Huntingdon posters say that they are attending the game and rooting for Milan has really changed my perspective. I now understand the term "West Tennessee Football". No matter who is left standing in the area, we should all support that team to win.

I agree if goodpasture wins i hope everyone from the west supports us. If milan wins i will be there and ill find a purple shirt to root for yall or maybe you guys could provide me with one (XL). Lets have a good clean and the best team win and go on and win the gold ball.