Marshall County Thread

wareagles67

Not Me -- If you clean house you keep it clean. Personally, both good guys, but IMO still tied to the "other" former admin a little to close. If I were looking to bring back anyone that has/had been there before I would be making a trip to Franklin County and begging Kermit Reed to return. An all around good guy and he is a players coach. He won't just tell you what to do, he will get out there and show you what to do and work with you to make your game better. :thumb:

Isn't Reed just as close?

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Reed just as close?

Congrats to M.C. on hiring Coach Don Thomas, he will make you an excellent football coach. If you need disipline then that's exactly what you will get from Don. I've know him for probably 20 years or so and he will be a good one. Bottom line he probably took the Lavergne Football program as far as it could go, because it will always be difficult to come up with enough athletes to compete with Riverdale year in year out. He also will keep the kids fired up during the game too.

Having seen the M.C. freshman teams for several years against NGA and Fayetteville City Jr. High, I've never understood why they have not had great success because they have had some very good looking skill people and linemen.

Good Luck To Coach Thomas. :thumb:

Thomas will be in charge of both the offensive gameplanning as well as the defensive gameplanning :lol:

Hester will be the guy who calls the offensive plays while Shockley, who was apparently asked to remain on board, will call the defensive plays. Both are assistant coaches and will SERVE UNDER DON THOMAS.

How do you know this ?