Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City has the krunkest fans in the whole state, with the CURBSIDE gang and all. we couldnt show it against dresden b.c our new uccpms head guys told us we couldnt do a cheer we have been doin for 10+ years. but we will be back in action on the Lake County game ( which UC will dominate)

You wont be yelling nothing bad, ok?? So....hey you..over there..sit down...SHUT UP!!!

I enjoyed reading the posts until I got to the part about How Whitby is a father figure, feeds, clothes and so on. Give me a break, sounds like you have been listening to the Whitby spin a little too much. With the group he has, especially the seniors, they have some solid parents at home. As far as the kids playing, I know of a couple who were on the verge of not playing or quitting, so I definitely don't think they see him as a father figure. I have probably said too much but honestly I am tired of the ole routine of the poor pitiful LC kids and how Whitby came over from OC and saved them :) LC has good hard working young men, some whose home lives are better than others but that is EVERY school. Now that I got that out of my system all three of these teams, LC,Humbolt and UC are good b-ball teams . Based on scores I would say UC is playing the best ball right now. The thing is right now is not as important as Feb. Will UC hold the top spot? Time will tell, they are the defending champs until someone knocks them off.

Edited by wardawg2038

I enjoyed reading the posts until I got to the part about How Whitby is a father figure, feeds, clothes and so on. Give me a break, sounds like you have been listening to the Whitby spin a little too much. With the group he has, especially the seniors, they have some solid parents at home. As far as the kids playing, I know of a couple who were on the verge of not playing or quitting, so I definitely don't think they see him as a father figure. I have probably said too much but honestly I am tired of the ole routine of the poor pitiful LC kids and how Whitby came over from OC and saved them :) LC has good hard working young men, some whose home lives are better than others but that is EVERY school. Now that I got that out of my system all three of these teams, LC,Humbolt and UC are good b-ball teams . Based on scores I would say UC is playing the best ball right now. The thing is right now is not as important as Feb. Will UC hold the top spot? Time will tell, they are the defending champs until someone knocks them off.

Ive been known to feed, clothe, drive, tutor, and be the father to many kids at UC. Some of yall may not know who these people are, but I am going to back up my claim......tonight i fed st. louis....i gave dre a 5XL White Tee....i tutored pretty much everybody last year...and nici and be had lil dookie aka M..

Well I be @#^T&&%. Union City doesn't have just one player . We have 5 and almost six player averaging in double figures. HOW MANY HIGH SCHOOL TEAMS HAS THAT AND THIS IS A SINGLE A TEAM. Come on, I know everyone hates Union City but give respect like some other fans are on this post that are fans of other teams.

What you have to understand and aren't is that Union City has mulitible threats. When you try to shut one man down another come from no-where and licks you in the side of your face.

There are some very nice post on this board praising Union City and how good they are. If you don't beleive them just come and watch. The Humboldt fans were running their mouth and that for some reason has quit. The Dresden fans now know how good Union City really is and come the 12 I will be willing to say Union City will BEAT Lake Co. by at least 20 points. If you don't beleive me just come to the " Thunderdome " and see for yourself.

Enough said. We will do our talking on the Basketball Court.

Go UNion City......................................................................

i wasn't trying to down union city...yall have a good program this year...but yall can't stay that hot..that's all i said...

also i read another post from someone referring to how many points lake co and union city put up on dresden...hard to compare teams off of one opponent that they both have played...lake co. seems to be struggling on offense this year but their defense is keeping them in the games...if their defense can keep it up and finally get their offense rolling a little bit...i see lake co. and union city having a great game against eachother...i would like to see how the defense of lake co. does against the fast paced union city...also i can't wait to see the lake co. humboldt game and the rematch between union city and humboldt...

I enjoyed reading the posts until I got to the part about How Whitby is a father figure, feeds, clothes and so on. Give me a break, sounds like you have been listening to the Whitby spin a little too much. With the group he has, especially the seniors, they have some solid parents at home. As far as the kids playing, I know of a couple who were on the verge of not playing or quitting, so I definitely don't think they see him as a father figure. I have probably said too much but honestly I am tired of the ole routine of the poor pitiful LC kids and how Whitby came over from OC and saved them :thumb: LC has good hard working young men, some whose home lives are better than others but that is EVERY school. Now that I got that out of my system all three of these teams, LC,Humbolt and UC are good b-ball teams . Based on scores I would say UC is playing the best ball right now. The thing is right now is not as important as Feb. Will UC hold the top spot? Time will tell, they are the defending champs until someone knocks them off.

Well put wardawg. I have heard some of the Whitby spin myself. GO LC!!

I enjoyed reading the posts until I got to the part about How Whitby is a father figure, feeds, clothes and so on. Give me a break, sounds like you have been listening to the Whitby spin a little too much. With the group he has, especially the seniors, they have some solid parents at home. As far as the kids playing, I know of a couple who were on the verge of not playing or quitting, so I definitely don't think they see him as a father figure. I have probably said too much but honestly I am tired of the ole routine of the poor pitiful LC kids and how Whitby came over from OC and saved them :thumb: LC has good hard working young men, some whose home lives are better than others but that is EVERY school. Now that I got that out of my system all three of these teams, LC,Humbolt and UC are good b-ball teams . Based on scores I would say UC is playing the best ball right now. The thing is right now is not as important as Feb. Will UC hold the top spot? Time will tell, they are the defending champs until someone knocks them off.

Agree 100%, wardawg. While Whitby does some good things for the kids (feeds them from time to time, opens the gym up during the summer, etc.), I don't know that most other coaches aren't doing the same thing. And then he takes them to Marion and tries to pass Lake County off as this poor, pitiful place that can't even afford uniforms for its team, or takes them to a jamboree and doesn't even bring any uniforms and tells the kids to play in whatever they've got. I've gotten plenty of earfuls of Whitbyspeak over the years, and I don't mind listening to it, but I take most of it with a grain of salt. But as long as he wants to keep buying me lunch at Talley's every now and then, I'll listen to it (even if I don't believe most of it).