Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

District Tournaments of interest......

District 13A.....

West Carroll and Clarksburg will play in the consolation game...

Big Sandy and McKenzie will play for the championship....

West Carroll was the #1 seed entering the tourney but will now have to play on the road in the first round of the regional tourney.......

District 15A.....

Adamsville and TCA will play in the consolation game.....

JCS and Madison will play for the championship......

Adamsville was the #1 seed and TCA was the #2 seed entering the tourney but both will now have to play on the road in the first round of the regional tournament...

District 16A is already completed....

Westside defeated Middleton for the championship 59-46....

Manassas defeated Middle College in the consolation game 53-51.....

Middleton was the #1 seed...Manassas was the #2 seed...Westside was the #3 seed...Middle College was the #4 seed entering the district tournament....

Westside will play the loser of the Adamsville/TCA game in Memphis....

Middleton will play the winner of the Adamsville/TCA game in Middleton...

Manassas will play the loser of the JCS/Madison game in Jackson....

Middle College will play the winner of the JCS/Madison game in Jackson....

Upsets in these district tourneys will make for some interesting match-ups in the region tourney openers.....

Wrong. West Carroll will play for the championship and hosting a regional game after beating Big Sandy last night. Scoreboard is wrong.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get a chance,you need to be in Dresden tonite...There will be NO OTHER tournament in the state with the quality of teams playing....You will have THREE teams that could win the Gold Ball in March....The #1,#3 teams in the state will be on display....Two of these four teams have a real good shot at playing each other for the state championship.....Toughest Semi-Final district round in the entire state..... :unsure: .....Game time is 6:30PM for Union City/Trenton Peabody and 8:00PM for Lake County/Humboldt

*Weather Permitting of course*

The LC-Hboldt matchup should be especially good, godbless peabody but the 1st game may be better spent having a nice meal providing no more snow.

If you get a chance,you need to be in Dresden tonite...There will be NO OTHER tournament in the state with the quality of teams playing....You will have THREE teams that could win the Gold Ball in March....The #1,#3 teams in the state will be on display....Two of these four teams have a real good shot at playing each other for the state championship.....Toughest Semi-Final district round in the entire state..... <_< .....Game time is 6:30PM for Union City/Trenton Peabody and 8:00PM for Lake County/Humboldt

*Weather Permitting of course*

The LC-Hboldt matchup should be especially good, godbless peabody but the 1st game may be better spent having a nice meal providing no more snow.

The Humboldt/Lake County game was real barnburner..Although at the end with both teams missing those free throws it looked nobody really wanted to play Union City....As far as Union City.....Seeing 130 points put on the board was worth the price of admission.......

Here is what I predicted on Feb.13...Post #828......

Union City-111

Peabody-73

Lake County-71

Humboldt-69

Humboldt-85

Peabody-69

Union City-79

Lake County-71

So far so good....

Some stats for last nite.....

Union City had 21 three pointers made.....6 players scored in double figures led by Cedric Allen's 27...Robert Yancy had 35 points to lead Trenton..There were 67 points scored in the 4th quarter...33 by Union City when KJ Brooks,Warren,Gaston,BJ Marshall and Brandon Easley were playing....I noticed that Trenton plays 10....I also noticed that the other bench players,maybe 5??,didn't step on the court....With Trenton still having at least two games left,why did Tim Allen not put those guys into the game in attempt to not only get some of those guys playing time,but maybe to avoid injury to some of his starters...His starters played some in the fourth quarter....It was in that quarter when starter Hunter Whitby scored most of his 17 points...

I thought Brandon Springer played a heck of a game last nite for Lake County...Not sure what the Viking coaching staff was thinking having Epperson on him...Huge mis-match..Springer had 29 points...Epperson has the ugliest free throw shot this side of Shaq...He did hit three of his last 4,but missed four or five in a row in a critical point in the fourth quarter...The Viking staff finally wised up when they put Wade on Springer..He was on him like a glove..I don't understand why Wade doesn't start..He didn't play at all in the first quarter....When he came in in the second he hit a couple threes right off the bat....The freshman,Robertson,played real well for Lake County..He hit his only three shots,all threes...For a physical game,I thought the refs let the guys play for the most part...

I was alittle worried about Union City playing in Dresden...They didn't shoot the ball real well at all in an earlier game there against Dresden..It's awfully dark in that gym....I guess there is no need to worry when you hit 21 threes and score 130...

The Humboldt/Lake County game was real barnburner..Although at the end with both teams missing those free throws it looked nobody really wanted to play Union City....As far as Union City.....Seeing 130 points put on the board was worth the price of admission.......

I believe some of those free throws were from being tired..Springer looked tired at the end..I believe Kevin Copeland was sick..He looked sick walking to the dressing room at the half..Not sure about Russel Avery ..He rushed out of the game in the 3rd quarter with Lake Co up by about 5 points and came back about 5 minutes later and Lake Co was down by 2...I believe Lake Co is looking forward to playing U.C...

I believe some of those free throws were from being tired..Springer looked tired at the end..I believe Kevin Copeland was sick..He looked sick walking to the dressing room at the half..Not sure about Russel Avery ..He rushed out of the game in the 3rd quarter with Lake Co up by about 5 points and came back about 5 minutes later and Lake Co was down by 2...I believe Lake Co is looking forward to playing U.C...

If they were tired last nite,they better eat alot of bananas and drink plenty of gatoraid between now and Tuesday nite....Copland to me looked bothered by an ankle......I saw alot of players tugging at their shorts last nite.....Union City will be looking forward to Lake County also....

If they were tired last nite,they better eat alot of bananas and drink plenty of gatoraid between now and Tuesday nite....Copland to me looked bothered by an ankle......I saw alot of players tugging at their shorts last nite.....Union City will be looking forward to Lake County also....

Lake Co has done fine the past two games against U.C.,,As a matter of fact..Union city looked to be the team that was dragging both games in the 2nd half..Lake Co and U.C. is a different brand of ball than Humboldt -U.C...Humboldt makes you work for a good shot..Union City is just going to try to tire a team out and outscore them..Nobody would have beaten U.C. last night ..but the long arms of Lake Co gives U.C. trouble also..I'm hoping Springer plays as well as he did last night and drives to the basket...Sep has to shoot the ball better for Lake Co to have a chance..I believe Russel avery has improved every game and look for him to have a good game down low!

Yea I will have to respectfully retract my previous statement cause the last half a sec. shot was like a cherry, naw make that two cherries on top ender.

Lake Co has done fine the past two games against U.C.,,As a matter of fact..Union city looked to be the team that was dragging both games in the 2nd half..Lake Co and U.C. is a different brand of ball than Humboldt -U.C...Humboldt makes you work for a good shot..Union City is just going to try to tire a team out and outscore them..Nobody would have beaten U.C. last night ..but the long arms of Lake Co gives U.C. trouble also..I'm hoping Springer plays as well as he did last night and drives to the basket...Sep has to shoot the ball better for Lake Co to have a chance..I believe Russel avery has improved every game and look for him to have a good game down low!

I just have a sneaky feeling you will see the real Union City Tuesday nite.....Regular season Union City and tournament Union City are two different animals....With the ease they have navigated through the regular season,they have had to look for things to motivate them....I think the fact they didn't win the district regular season,the district tourney or the region tourney last year might be a motivating factor...They have looked very focused and on a mission all year and have turned it on the last 6 games...They are much better than they were last year and actually,they are better than they were at the beginning of the season....I think that nine day lay-off between the end of the regular season and the district tourney allowed them to get a few nicks and bruises healed up and it put a few extra gallons in the tank....I think that depth will again be a factor in the championship game as it has in the two previous match-ups...Union City has it...Lake County doesn't....

I just have a sneaky feeling you will see the real Union City Tuesday nite.....Regular season Union City and tournament Union City are two different animals....With the ease they have navigated through the regular season,they have had to look for things to motivate them....I think the fact they didn't win the district regular season,the district tourney or the region tourney last year might be a motivating factor...They have looked very focused and on a mission all year and have turned it on the last 6 games...They are much better than they were last year and actually,they are better than they were at the beginning of the season....I think that nine day lay-off between the end of the regular season and the district tourney allowed them to get a few nicks and bruises healed up and it put a few extra gallons in the tank....I think that depth will again be a factor in the championship game as it has in the two previous match-ups...Union City has it...Lake County doesn't....

It was fun watching U.C. last night..Quite a show..But..U.C. couldn't shoot like that again and hit that many consistently if it wasn't anybody guarding them..If they do..go ahead and hand them the trophy..Allen shot extremely well last night..but the games against us..shot a lot of air balls..Maybe it's those long arms..Plus..the last game with about 3 minutes left..he looked worn out

It was fun watching U.C. last night..Quite a show..But..U.C. couldn't shoot like that again and hit that many consistently if it wasn't anybody guarding them..If they do..go ahead and hand them the trophy..Allen shot extremely well last night..but the games against us..shot a lot of air balls..Maybe it's those long arms..Plus..the last game with about 3 minutes left..he looked worn out

Cedric had an awful 32 minutes against Lake County in the last game...Worst game of the season for him in my opinion...No,you don't expect to hit 21 threes every nite,but they always hit 10-15...

As for the game in Tiptonville,Lake County did something in that game they haven't done against UC and that was start out well...But you do remember UC has had double digit leads(22 in UC and 15 in LC)both games....In the first game at UC,after LC had made that big push in the third quarter,the Tornadoes flat out ran by the Falcons to open the fourth..LC was looking as if they didn't know what hit em....UC pushed the lead back up to 10 or so..At Tiptonville,LC started out strong...UC withstood the flurry,then with three subs on the floor hit for the last 9-10 points of the half..They upped that lead to 15 before LC,like all good teams do,made another run at UC...Had it not been for some questionable ball handling and even more questionable shot selection,LC might have pulled one out in Tiptonville....Bottom line though,when the game was on the line in LC,UC made all the hustle plays with their press to pull it out...I think you are concentrating more on the fact LC has actually stayed under 10 points against Union City and not considering the whole game and what has happened within the game....Yes,LC has played the Tornadoes well,but LC still lost both games and I don't think LC has seen UC at it's very best either times....They have for stretches and during those times couldn't stay on the floor with UC....LC is a very talented team...More than once I have said they are the #2 team in the state...I still believe that....I also believe we saw the three best teams in the state last nite under one roof...There is not another team in 1A that could win this district tournament,or the regional tournament next week....For that matter,Trenton would win alot of the districts around the state...