Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

I put money on it Blake goes to a bigger and better D-1 college than ANY of the people you have mentioned in the above post and contributes more...I have seen all players you have mentioned play...and Blake IS the best player..not by much be he is the best player and thats from a neutral standpoint...I have nothing to do with any of these schools...Yes you can say Channin is better because your from Lake Co. and you may have seen MJ and Channin play more than Blake as you play with UC more than DC....Union City isn't in another league as Dyer Co!!! DC has about the same speed and IMO DC plays a more hard nosed defense...YES Union City has a GREAT press but after the halfcort line is crossed DC has the better defense...however we'll have to wait another year or few years until we could see this game....It would have been an excellent game this year as I expect Union City AND Dyer Co. to go to the boro

I've seen these two teams play in the summer. DC won But union city was ahead by 15 when they pulled the starters. Ask CJ what happen to him guarding mj. I still think that his ankle is in henry co. Mj crossover on cj was just ugly for cj. He fell down so bad that dyer county players couldnt look at it. The dyer county film crew were goin to put it on my space. Ask Chipper for mvp what happen to cj.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU SAID IT!!! I AGREE!!! Dont think it will be the same next time!

sbl

You are right,it'll be worse....If Union City would have hit their lay-ups when they were up 72-57 it would have gotten very ugly.....Lake County wasn't doing anything in that period of time to stop Union City....The Tornadoes were driving at will against the Falcon defenders...I think the UC players were more interested in drawing fouls,knowing Geanes,Johnson and Springer were in foul trouble,than just going strong to the hoop and laying the shots in.....Union City was better off just setting up around the three point arc and firing it up....Allen's three shots were just awesome...UC,like good teams do,found the weak link in the defense...Robinson was on Allen's side but couldn't get out on him....Again,as in the two previous meetings when LC cut the lead down and eventually took the lead,Union City made the plays that won it and LC didn't.....

Bigster...I was talking about any charge call by the officials,the wouldn't call a charge either way....Those guys were WAY over their heads...You can talk all you want about some calls that didn't go the Falcons way,but Union City got jobbed on a few too....I agree with you about thinking Union City would pull away,especially after Springer fouled out..But give those kids that stepped up credit,they held their own.....Again,we have to talk about Falcon players being smarter with the fouls on them...Alot of the fouls were reach fouls and unnecesary...Whitby still blows my mind not sitting those kids down and trying to space out the fouls...Being a little undisciplined is why they pick up those fouls....You said something the other day about if you were a player for Union City not getting to play and going to South Fulton or OC to play...What about those boys on the LC bench??..They can't even get in until a player fouls out....Lake County is a very good team though...They would win any other district in the state..It's a shame that UC,LC & Humboldt can't go to the state....I guarantee you there will be two or three teams in Murfreesboro that will make you wonder how in the world they got there....

The atmosphere at Dresden was pretty good,but that place is too small.....I don't imagine the fire marshall would've liked what he would have seen had he been there..Who went to the concession stand at half wanting a drink??...No drinks..LOL...Who has been to West Carroll???...I hear it is a bigger gym than Dresden's gym..I've never been there....

Edited by backinthaoc

I've seen these two teams play in the summer. DC won But union city was ahead by 15 when they pulled the starters. Ask CJ what happen to him guarding mj. I still think that his ankle is in henry co. Mj crossover on cj was just ugly for cj. He fell down so bad that dyer county players couldnt look at it. The dyer county film crew were goin to put it on my space. Ask Chipper for mvp what happen to cj.

that was back in the summer...was Justin Blake playing in this "scrimmage"?...and how could you say Union City is on another level as DC if DC won??? your second post is not corresponding with what you first said...CJ may have gotten shook but when you have handles like most of the UC players I'm sure they can shake almost anyone...anyhow good luck to you Falcons and to the Tornadoes in region tournaments!!!

that was back in the summer...was Justin Blake playing in this "scrimmage"?...and how could you say Union City is on another level as DC if DC won??? your second post is not corresponding with what you first said...CJ may have gotten shook but when you have handles like most of the UC players I'm sure they can shake almost anyone...anyhow good luck to you Falcons and to the Tornadoes in region tournaments!!!

GC....Dyer County is playing in a watered down district....They are beating mediocre teams at best....Who exactly would you say is their marquee win??.....Crockett County??...Dyersburg??...Seriously....I don't see them getting past sub-state at best...It's lucky for them the region tourney is in a familiar gym and not in Haywood or Covington..I'm not saying they are not a good team,but that's just it,a good team...The coaching staff didn't challenge them with a tough enough schedule outside a seven team district..They had ample opportunity,because of their schedule,to go out and play stronger teams....It's nice to play these make believe games in our heads on the internet....Truth is though that Dyer County won't play Union City so,who knows???..Scrimmages are for practice anyway...The coaches don't approach those games the way they do a regular season game and neither do the players,so saying DC beat UC in a scrimmage means they practiced better than UC did on that day..And can we say that anyway??..Everyone I talk to that was there say the same thing..Union City was up big when they took the starters out...And that really means nothing either...Dyer County will find out what they are made of if they make substate and play one of those Memphis teams...

GC....Dyer County is playing in a watered down district....They are beating mediocre teams at best....Who exactly would you say is their marquee win??.....Crockett County??...Dyersburg??...Seriously....I don't see them getting past sub-state at best...It's lucky for them the region tourney is in a familiar gym and not in Haywood or Covington..I'm not saying they are not a good team,but that's just it,a good team...The coaching staff didn't challenge them with a tough enough schedule outside a seven team district..They had ample opportunity,because of their schedule,to go out and play stronger teams....It's nice to play these make believe games in our heads on the internet....Truth is though that Dyer County won't play Union City so,who knows???..Scrimmages are for practice anyway...The coaches don't approach those games the way they do a regular season game and neither do the players,so saying DC beat UC in a scrimmage means they practiced better than UC did on that day..And can we say that anyway??..Everyone I talk to that was there say the same thing..Union City was up big when they took the starters out...And that really means nothing either...Dyer County will find out what they are made of if they make substate and play one of those Memphis teams...

Dyer Co will have their hands full fri nite against a very tough Covington Charger team and star guard Mareze Weaver.I dont see Dyer Co making it to state either,cause if they make it to substate,I dont see them beating Mitchell or BTW.

I'll save this post for when DC is in the state tournament..DC will win this region over Haywood, North Side, etc...it'll be Crockett and DC in the finals...answer me this honestly....have you even seen Dyer Co. play this year or are you just going off of stuff said on coacht and from people in Union City??? and if you got to see Dyer Co. play against Obion Central you probably saw their third stringers in that game...answer me honestly...

I'll save this post for when DC is in the state tournament..DC will win this region over Haywood, North Side, etc...it'll be Crockett and DC in the finals...answer me this honestly....have you even seen Dyer Co. play this year or are you just going off of stuff said on coacht and from people in Union City??? and if you got to see Dyer Co. play against Obion Central you probably saw their third stringers in that game...answer me honestly...

GC I have seen OC play five times...Twice against Union City,twice against Dyer County and once against Lake County...What would saving this post for Dyer County do any good??..You think they care what I think??...You think this will help them in some sort of way against Mitchell,BTW or god forbid they play Liberty???

GC..I make my own assumptions,I don't rely on what somebody tells me..I see for myself and I'm not overly impressed with Dyer County...I said they are good,not great but definitely capable of getting to sub-state...To be honest,Crockett County is not great....I saw them blow the game against Jax SS late in the season,but they do real well against a weak district....By the way,Gibson County is still in the tournament and hosting no less,why are you on the good ship Choctaw??

GC I have seen OC play five times...Twice against Union City,twice against Dyer County and once against Lake County...What would saving this post for Dyer County do any good??..You think they care what I think??...You think this will help them in some sort of way against Mitchell,BTW or god forbid they play Liberty???

GC..I make my own assumptions,I don't rely on what somebody tells me..I see for myself and I'm not overly impressed with Dyer County...I said they are good,not great but definitely capable of getting to sub-state...To be honest,Crockett County is not great....I saw them blow the game against Jax SS late in the season,but they do real well against a weak district....By the way,Gibson County is still in the tournament and hosting no less,why are you on the good ship Choctaw??

Good ship Choctaw... :blink: Quit, you shouldn't be zinging GC he is being serious.

Edited by spellerone

By the way GC,Dyer County had to fight pretty hard to beat OC in Troy....

Answer my questions in my earlier post and reply without random,emotional comments.....You just kind of threw out that Dyer County will make the state tournament...What makes you think that???..Who have they beat that makes you think they can compete at the state level which includes sub-state??..You really haven't sold me on DC....

Edited by backinthaoc

Good ship Choctaw... :blink: Quit, you shouldn't be zinging GC he is being serious.

He was just being defensive about me saying that 13AA is not the strongest district in the state..It is a mediocre district that is pretty much top heavy with two teams....In all honesty,the region tourney won't be near as strong as in years past either.....The district lost their marquee team when Union City dropped down to 1A...Union City has won 20 district tournament championships the last 44 years..19 of them came in AA in that district or against teams that made up that district...

Here was the All District 14A team....This was for the entire season.....

Demarcus Patrick-Halls

Clay Holloman-Bradford

Byron Fuqua-Gleason

Raphael Miller-Peabody

Tyson Wright-Dresden

Tyler Tate-Bradford

Reggie McHaney-Greenfield

Tony Wilkins-Union City

Robert Yancy-Peabody

Cedric Allen-Union City

Sep Valentine-Lake County

Jeremy Simpson-Union City

Wil Levister-Dresden

EJ Epperson-Humboldt

Channen Geanes-Lake County

Brandon Springer-Lake County

Derek Sain-Humboldt

MJ Brown-Union City

I didn't hear them say that MJ Brown was MVP....They called his name out last for what that's worth....

Shane Sisco was named Coach of the Year....

In the championship game Valentine had 34 points(24 in the first half) and Channen Geanes scored 24.....

Union City placed 6 players in double figures....Cedric Allen led the way with 19 points..Tony Wilkins had 15,Andre Coby had 12,Jeremy Simpson had 12,MJ Brown had 11 and Nik Brooks had 10......

You are right,it'll be worse....If Union City would have hit their lay-ups when they were up 72-57 it would have gotten very ugly.....Lake County wasn't doing anything in that period of time to stop Union City....The Tornadoes were driving at will against the Falcon defenders...I think the UC players were more interested in drawing fouls,knowing Geanes,Johnson and Springer were in foul trouble,than just going strong to the hoop and laying the shots in.....Union City was better off just setting up around the three point arc and firing it up....Allen's three shots were just awesome...UC,like good teams do,found the weak link in the defense...Robinson was on Allen's side but couldn't get out on him....Again,as in the two previous meetings when LC cut the lead down and eventually took the lead,Union City made the plays that won it and LC didn't.....

Bigster...I was talking about any charge call by the officials,the wouldn't call a charge either way....Those guys were WAY over their heads...You can talk all you want about some calls that didn't go the Falcons way,but Union City got jobbed on a few too....I agree with you about thinking Union City would pull away,especially after Springer fouled out..But give those kids that stepped up credit,they held their own.....Again,we have to talk about Falcon players being smarter with the fouls on them...Alot of the fouls were reach fouls and unnecesary...Whitby still blows my mind not sitting those kids down and trying to space out the fouls...Being a little undisciplined is why they pick up those fouls....You said something the other day about if you were a player for Union City not getting to play and going to South Fulton or OC to play...What about those boys on the LC bench??..They can't even get in until a player fouls out....Lake County is a very good team though...They would win any other district in the state..It's a shame that UC,LC & Humboldt can't go to the state....I guarantee you there will be two or three teams in Murfreesboro that will make you wonder how in the world they got there....

The atmosphere at Dresden was pretty good,but that place is too small.....I don't imagine the fire marshall would've liked what he would have seen had he been there..Who went to the concession stand at half wanting a drink??...No drinks..LOL...Who has been to West Carroll???...I hear it is a bigger gym than Dresden's gym..I've never been there....

I wasn't tryi ng to say the officials caused us the game..They missed some calls but overall,it was the best we've had in a while..I'm not sayin Lake Co didn't foul...but you're right..Lake Co has to realize not to pick up cheap fouls..Like the one Channin picked up on the side line while trying to swipe at the ball..No reason to be that far out doing that..I was proud of the effort Lake Co gave..As for U.C. missing a lot of shots..I believe those long arms were making them change their shots..Lake Co was getting their hands on a lot of shots and got called for a lot of touch fouls,,But ..Congrats to U.C...Thet desevered to win..Cedric hit some key shots when he really had to have them..U.C. just made the key plays at the end..If Lake Co plays as hard as they did against U.C...I believe we'll see each other again!Good luck in the tournaments..