Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

Dyer Co. obviously didn't go all the way up to Illinois and play some cup-cake teams...they have played against several teams from their region and won handily..you saying me not puttin thought into my post is funny...I have nothing to do with Dyer Co. except for the fact that Gibson Co. plays with and against them in districts/regionals...Dyer Co. is a better team than what you are putting them to be..

You think it's funny because it is true...Just by saying you play In Carbondale,Illinois doesn't mean you played anybody....I'm not sure about now,but when Union City was going up there all the time,Pinkneyville and Cairo were 1A size schools..By the way you brought yourself into the situation with your support of Dyer County....Again,if I said Dyer County was garbage you might have a point....I said on more than one occasion they were a good team..NOT GREAT....They are not challenged very often and seems when they are they struggle,not a sign of a great team.....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think it's funny because it is true...Just by saying you play In Carbondale,Illinois doesn't mean you played anybody....I'm not sure about now,but when Union City was going up there all the time,Pinkneyville and Cairo were 1A size schools..By the way you brought yourself into the situation with your support of Dyer County....Again,if I said Dyer County was garbage you might have a point....I said on more than one occasion they were a good team..NOT GREAT....They are not challenged very often and seems when they are they struggle,not a sign of a great team.....

They were challenged by Ron and Shaun and Jarvis from CC the other night and won by about 17..I respect your opinion but I just think you might have them a tad under-rated even if they do play in a not so great district...this is what coacht is for is debate and info

Give me the order of finish you think a district consisting of Union City,Dyer County,Lake County,Humboldt and Crockett County would look like......

I'd put U.C. #1..Lake Co and Dyer Co as a toss up..Lake co has played some tight games but Dyer Co has struggled with Obion Cen..Gibson co..Westview,although they did beat Westview handidly the last time and won a close game with Dyersburg that they should have lost,trailing by a point with 4 seconds left..Also lost to T.C.A. without Blake..Lake Co beat Central without Springer,and the football players were back for the first time..Crockett Co and Humboldt is a toss up as well with them splittin this year..All these teams are pretty close!

Dyer Co. obviously didn't go all the way up to Illinois and play some cup-cake teams...they have played against several teams from their region and won handily..you saying me not puttin thought into my post is funny...I have nothing to do with Dyer Co. except for the fact that Gibson Co. plays with and against them in districts/regionals...Dyer Co. is a better team than what you are putting them to be..

Here's my order: (1) UC (2) DC (3)LC (4)CC (5)Humboldt...and I have seen all the teams play

Thank You...atleast I'm not the only one on here thinking they'll go further than expected I suppose...this team has NO seniors that start...and I heard McLin might transfer to Dyer Co.??????? that team will make a run at state champ. next year

I've talked to someone that's talked to his mother..He told me she saw a couple of my posts about asking him about it..According to my source..is just a rumor ..Would have to move with it being his senior year..But ..another player from Dyersburg has checked about looking into transferring..But I promised I wouldn't say anything or at least his name..But..I believe this player has a sister already going to Northview!

They were challenged by Ron and Shaun and Jarvis from CC the other night and won by about 17..I respect your opinion but I just think you might have them a tad under-rated even if they do play in a not so great district...this is what coacht is for is debate and info

In post #952 and #955 I said I thought they would go as far as sub-state...I don't believe that is under-rating them.....

My top five also. I was going post this, but you took the words out of my mouth. DC/Humboldt would be a great game, but DC is much more discliplined.

All these posts could be right..If Lake Co played the way they did against U.C.,I'd put them 2nd.All these teams are close..Crockett Co beat Dyer Co pretty bad without Blake and Co when Johnson shot the lights out..The next game with Blake ,Dyer Co blew them out and won again in the district tournament..Humboldt and Crockett Co split..so who knows!

Edited by mrbigster

So....Out of the 4 District 13A teams,who has the best chance at beating a 14A team??...

I guess,I would say West Carroll playing at home against Trenton...But I think the War Eagles will have their hands full with Peabody....Clarksburg,McKenzie and Big Sandy will have their season ended on Saturday nite....

I've talked to someone that's talked to his mother..He told me she saw a couple of my posts about asking him about it..According to my source..is just a rumor ..Would have to move with it being his senior year..But ..another player from Dyersburg has checked about looking into transferring..But I promised I wouldn't say anything or at least his name..But..I believe this player has a sister already going to Northview!

It's not a rmor i talked to McLin's mother my self and she said if coachbrown stays, there gone.

Back to the topic.....

Trenton Peabody at West Carroll

Clarksburg at Lake County

Big Sandy at Union City

Humboldt at McKenzie

My picks....

Peabody-85

West Carroll-79

Lake County-75

Clarksburg-51

Union City-106

Big Sandy-65

Humboldt-82

McKenzie-63

Anybody know if Copland for Lake County will play tonite??