Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

Don't wander off too far..A lot of people don't think Coach Whitby in in the best of health..Remember..You're just a phone call away..And although U.C. and Humboldt seems to think they will be the best two teams next year..I'm telling you now..Lake Co will be loaded the next 4 or 5 years at least.

I'm glad to hear LC will be loaded...This all wouldn't be the same without you guys....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't wander off too far..A lot of people don't think Coach Whitby in in the best of health..Remember..You're just a phone call away..And although U.C. and Humboldt seems to think they will be the best two teams next year..I'm telling you now..Lake Co will be loaded the next 4 or 5 years at least.
Bigster i agree with you man..I saw some of the talent commimg up in Lake Co. and yes they have a bright future ahead of them as well as the girls..But im also telling you that Union City has alot of talent comming also,with the talent of Shane and Marty i would have to say UC will be ready for all commers in the future..

Well,I was going to welcome you to the T,but that post did it for me for you...... :D

My vacation will be spent in The Boro win or lose,I've been going to the tournament the past few years......

You are kidding about the Vikings playing defense right??...Union City is averaging 86 points against them this year....Maybe Wade will make the game Tuesday,wouldn't want any excuses about having players home and all......

By the way,I was kidding...Welcome to the T....You should have joined a long time ago....You have potential...

Backnthaoc i did the same as you..I booked my vac. when i saw Union City play the first 3 games..And your very right about Union City having the ability to get up for all opponents..They amaze me in many ways..But the best thing UC has going for them the rest of the year is the way they have prepared themselves all year by playing the great teams have have this year..Ive told everyone..To win big games you have to prepare prepare prepare,bottom line..And yes it is very possible for Union City to get beat tue. night because Humboldt is one of the great teams in single a in the state..But you can bet one thing..Union City will take this game verrry seriously..I had the chance to talk with a couple of the players and they seem to be very focused and excited about the game...I say UC will win 88 74 but hey, if they do lose,they have nothing to be ashamed of this year and what they have done for UC basketball..Because like i said before..No one and i mean no one thought that Union City would finish the regular season 18 n 0 in the district and win the district tourny. And be ranked #1 in the state in class a this year after just one returning starter MJ Brown..Who in my eyes should win Mr. Basketball by way of being the leader that he is. And man is he solid..He always knows where the other 4 players is at all times and he trust his other teamates when they shoot the ball because he knows all of them can score..He is a outstanding team player.

I honestly think if MJ doesn't win Mr. Basketball something is wrong....He's the best player on the best team in the state.....Skogen and Williams are great players too, but I think MJ has this....

I think so too,but I think Skogan will win it because he was there last year,as was Williams,but he has better numbers than both MJ and DeMario...I'll take the Gold Ball though....And I'm sure MJ would too....

To catch up on a couple of posts:

Channin was T'ed up and the ref T'ed off when he (channin) said "Get that **** out of here!" after an opponents missed shot. The ref that made the call was at least 7 ft tall. Not too many people Channin has to look up to but this guy was one of 'em and he let channin know it.

Coach benched him to make sure he didn't get another one. That could have him benched two games by officials so I hear.

Jackie's failure to acknowledge anyone is uncalled for. I'd slap him for it but he would probably just kick my tail. I don't know what the deal was there.

Also, I don't see LC having a great year next year. Word is Avery won't be playing. And too many players are come and go. Let our freshmen mature a little and then we'll see. They will do ok though.

Lake Co won last night with Channin Geanes only playing 1 quarter..Channin may have played 1 minute in the 2nd quarter but that was all..I know he didn't play in the 2nd half..Channin blocked a shot and had a techinal called so I don't know if that was part of the reason or Whitby just wanted to play other players..Russel Avery played probably his best overall game..Rebounded pretty well..had a nice tip in over the rim and shot the lights out,hitting 3 long 3's in a row..I believe the score was about 68-30 and Whitby started subbing and put a 2nd five in the game late in the 3rd quarter and with about 3 minutes to go in the game..put in 5 other players or a third team..after the game the Clarksburg coach came out and talked to several of us while we were listening to the end of the Trenton-West Carrol game and told several of us that he knew Lake Co could hit the 3 ball but was the most athletic team they'd played this year...

I am pretty sure that coach Whitby kept him out for fear of him getting a second technical and having to sit out the next one or two games if we continue winning. On that play some were saying that Channin may have said something. From what I could see I don't think so. He appeared to be called for some violation, I don't know what. He held up his arms about halfway as if to say what did I do. When the ref told him, he made big facial expression of disapproval. The ref then teed him up. Unless he is a ventriloquist he didn't say anything because I didn't see his lips move. As we all know refs are omnipotent during the game. Smart move on the coach's part to keep Channin out. We didn't need him for Clarksburg.

I am pretty sure that coach Whitby kept him out for fear of him getting a second technical and having to sit out the next one or two games if we continue winning. On that play some were saying that Channin may have said something. From what I could see I don't think so. He appeared to be called for some violation, I don't know what. He held up his arms about halfway as if to say what did I do. When the ref told him, he made big facial expression of disapproval. The ref then teed him up. Unless he is a ventriloquist he didn't say anything because I didn't see his lips move. As we all know refs are omnipotent during the game. Smart move on the coach's part to keep Channin out. We didn't need him for Clarksburg.

That goes back to my question about his attitude........Big Sandy got a quick T last nite also,I can't imagine why....Probably out of frustration because they couldn't get the ball past halfcourt......

Channin was T'ed up and the ref T'ed off when he (channin) said "Get that **** out of here!" after an opponents missed shot. The ref that made the call was at least 7 ft tall. Not too many people Channin has to look up to but this guy was one of 'em and he let channin know it.

Coach benched him to make sure he didn't get another one. That could have him benched two games by officials so I hear.

Jackie's failure to acknowledge anyone is uncalled for. I'd slap him for it but he would probably just kick my tail. I don't know what the deal was there.

Also, I don't see LC having a great year next year. Word is Avery won't be playing. And too many players are come and go. Let our freshmen mature a little and then we'll see. They will do ok though.

That's just him being an individual....If the rest of the team does it,he needs to do it...I know it's not a mandatory thing,Brentwood Acd sent NOBODY across to shake hands....Either everyone do it or noone do it....

If Avery doesn't want to play for LC,UC sure could use a tall guy that can run and shoot....

With Channin only being a senior and Avery just being a junior..I'd be very surprised to see him not play..He's gotten better every game and by his senior year will probably grow a few more inches and should probably be the best player in the area in two years..The official used to play for the University of Memphis in the late 80's I believe..around 1988,89..

Thanks, I like true fans of the game. We should get along well. Slayton was the best ball player Union City ever had (pre-3 pointer at least)

Actually, John Ed Miller was the best ever, pre 3- pointer and even now...played at Vanderbilt and played in th 1965 regional final against Cazzie Russell and Michigan for the right to play in FINAL FOUR...

Slayden was a good player and did not stick it out at Tennessee because a guard named Johnny Darden from Springfield beat him out at point guard.

Well,I was going to welcome you to the T,but that post did it for me for you...... :D

My vacation will be spent in The Boro win or lose,I've been going to the tournament the past few years......

You are kidding about the Vikings playing defense right??...Union City is averaging 86 points against them this year....Maybe Wade will make the game Tuesday,wouldn't want any excuses about having players home and all......

By the way,I was kidding...Welcome to the T....You should have joined a long time ago....You have potential...

humboldt does play defense...just not enough offense when they need it...but yall averaging 86 points against us isn't that bad considering that yall are averaging 85 against lake co...i expect a huge game out of derek and ej tuesday night...for one, it could be derek's last night playing high school basketball, so he is going to play hard..and two, ej plays hard every night, especially during big games...and keep doubting the guard play, but odell has stepped up big time in these past few games and has found his shot again along with hunt who is able to penetrate and also hit the midrange jumper...i expect it to be a 6 point win by the vikings having double digit points off of turnovers

Edited by frankieD12