Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

Well,I was going to welcome you to the T,but that post did it for me for you...... :D

My vacation will be spent in The Boro win or lose,I've been going to the tournament the past few years......

You are kidding about the Vikings playing defense right??...Union City is averaging 86 points against them this year....Maybe Wade will make the game Tuesday,wouldn't want any excuses about having players home and all......

By the way,I was kidding...Welcome to the T....You should have joined a long time ago....You have potential...

Our chances against UC are alot better if they score 86 rather than the 100+ points they are averaging lately, so who knows anything can happen and im hoping that something is a Viking victory. :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just him being an individual....If the rest of the team does it,he needs to do it...I know it's not a mandatory thing,Brentwood Acd sent NOBODY across to shake hands....Either everyone do it or noone do it....

If Avery doesn't want to play for LC,UC sure could use a tall guy that can run and shoot....

I agree totaly.

"I was told" by a "fairly reliable" adult source who talked to him and said he was not going to play at all. I really hope he changes his mind.

Sure don't want him playing for UC ! :P

Russell is a great kid who loves basketball. I should know he played two years for a middle school coach that I know pretty well!! :P He will play next year and his Sr. year. Channin let's himself get too emotional sometimes. He needs to control it, I know it is an emotional game but sometimes just let things go. That needs to be addressed in practice if you ask my opinion. As i said I know the middle school coach once ran Channin a suicide for every letter in the word TECHNICAL FOUL when he picked up one in the 8th grade!! ;) Anyway back to the topic, LC wins Tuesday by 8-12 pts and UC wins by 6-9 pts. I am betting on a UC/LC final and looking forward to the Falcons HOSTING the substate!! ;)

Edited by wardawg2038

Actually, John Ed Miller was the best ever, pre 3- pointer and even now...played at Vanderbilt and played in th 1965 regional final against Cazzie Russell and Michigan for the right to play in FINAL FOUR...

Slayden was a good player and did not stick it out at Tennessee because a guard named Johnny Darden from Springfield beat him out at point guard.

I will second John Ed Miller being the besgt pre-3 player from the U. His performance against UK was one of the few times the 'dores beat the cats during that era.

Russell is a great kid who loves basketball. I should know he played two years for a middle school coach that I know pretty well!! :P He will play next year and his Sr. year. Channin let's himself get too emotional sometimes. He needs to control it, I know it is an emotional game but sometimes just let things go. That needs to be addressed in practice if you ask my opinion. As i said I know the middle school coach once ran Channin a suicide for every letter in the word TECHNICAL FOUL when he picked up one in the 8th grade!! ;) Anyway back to the topic, LC wins Tuesday by 8-12 pts and UC wins by 6-9 pts. I am betting on a UC/LC final and looking forward to the:P
Falcons HOSTING the substate!! ...lol..The only thing the falcons is gonna host this year is maybe a cupcake or twinkie!!..LC will be on the road probly to Westside or Middleton..The only team around this area in 1a that will be hosting substate will be the Tornadoes!!..And who cares if Jackie "slim jim" Johnson didn't shake hands with Union City..It just showed he has no class..I have great respect for the rest of the falcon team..Jackie is a non factor in every game he plays in..when he does get to play,and thats very little..So a word of advise to him is join EJ the great and work on that hidious jump shot or you will be at Piggly Wiggly in Tiptonville stocking shelves next year..At least your height will come in handy for something!..."That one was for you Backinthaoc"! ;)

Copenoc, It is nice to be confident but let's not get too Cocky. You are hyper today, did you have too much caffine today? :P UC will be the favorite to host but they still must get by Humbolt and LC to do it. Everyone knows the team from this region that hosts the supstate game will definitely deserve it due to the schedule and type of teams they played. As far as Jackie goes he is an extremely intelligent kid who I doubt will be stocking shelves next year. If he does it will be at college on a work study or something. Why he doesn't shake hands or whatever I do not know nor do I care. I did not know shaking hands with the opposing team before a game was mandatory or was such a big deal. I have yet to pay attention to those things but will watch Tuesday night to see. ;)

Actually, John Ed Miller was the best ever, pre 3- pointer and even now...played at Vanderbilt and played in th 1965 regional final against Cazzie Russell and Michigan for the right to play in FINAL FOUR...

Slayden was a good player and did not stick it out at Tennessee because a guard named Johnny Darden from Springfield beat him out at point guard.

I knew there were some good players way back at Union City....I think even Congessman John Tanner went to UT on a basketball scholarship.....

I wasn't aware of Willie Slayton(not Slayden)even going to UT....

Copenoc, It is nice to be confident but let's not get too Cocky. You are hyper today, did you have too much caffine today? ;) UC will be the favorite to host but they still must get by Humbolt and LC to do it. Everyone knows the team from this region that hosts the supstate game will definitely deserve it due to the schedule and type of teams they played. As far as Jackie goes he is an extremely intelligent kid who I doubt will be stocking shelves next year. If he does it will be at college on a work study or something. Why he doesn't shake hands or whatever I do not know nor do I care. I did not know shaking hands with the opposing team before a game was mandatory or was such a big deal. I have yet to pay attention to those things but will watch Tuesday night to see. :P
.Hey wardawg all that was said was just fun..I wish nothing bad on any kid anywhere..Im sure Jackie is a very smart kid and i hope he does go to college somewhere..And im like you, i don't really care if they shake hands or not either and its not mandatory to do so but if one does it,all of them should do it..Back when i played Whitby would grab us by the ear and pull us over there and make us do it..But he is kinda in a lose lose situation there..And i also know that Humboldt and Lake Co. could very well beat Union City on any given night..Them 3 teams are the top 3 teams in the state in my book...But i will stick to my guns and say that UC will win out and cut the nets down in borro...If they lose they lose..They can still hold their heads up high for a great season that no one predicted..And i will say this..If UC does lose i hope LC brings home the gold..Im not much of a Viking fan but i hope they get the silver and keep it in 14a.

UC will beat Humboldt by however many the want too ;)

Golden Tornadoes vs. Lake Co. for the 4th time on Thursday night :P

And More than Likely- they'll play ONE MORE TIME after that!! ;)

It's great to be confident but one needs to be careful making comments like that. Seems like a lot of folks favorite pasttime on here is bashing Humboldt. No question Humboldt has not lived up to pre-season expectations but they should not be taken lightly. Humboldt is loaded with talent but needs better coaching. Boykin is a fine person but I'm not sure he has what it takes to get the most out of his players and develope their talent as individuals. Humboldt is loaded with talent for the next several years and with the right coaching could definitely bring home the gold ball. If they all come together tomorrow night they can definitely beat Union City and I hope they do.

It's great to be confident but one needs to be careful making comments like that. Seems like a lot of folks favorite pasttime on here is bashing Humboldt. No question Humboldt has not lived up to pre-season expectations but they should not be taken lightly. Humboldt is loaded with talent but needs better coaching. Boykin is a fine person but I'm not sure he has what it takes to get the most out of his players and develope their talent as individuals. Humboldt is loaded with talent for the next several years and with the right coaching could definitely bring home the gold ball. If they all come together tomorrow night they can definitely beat Union City and I hope they do.

He's an Old OC Rebel fan circa.1986....He doesn't care if his comments fire up a Viking or two... ;):P

Sorry,not going to happen.You probably will be able to catch up with us if you stay in the gym and play against no one for about 2 hrs after the Lake Co game and you still might lose by 2 pts.LOL.Humboldt has in their mind that they cant beat UC.Think about it,at Humboldt,they had a double digit lead midway thru the 3rd and was playing the best they could play and still got beat by 18pts.No way Wade gets open again tomorrow like he did in Humboldt.Im picking UC to win going away by 16pts.