Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

Sorry,not going to happen.You probably will be able to catch up with us if you stay in the gym and play against no one for about 2 hrs after the Lake Co game and you still might lose by 2 pts.LOL.Humboldt has in their mind that they cant beat UC.Think about it,at Humboldt,they had a double digit lead midway thru the 3rd and was playing the best they could play and still got beat by 18pts.No way Wade gets open again tomorrow like he did in Humboldt.Im picking UC to win going away by 16pts.

I don't know if Wade hitting three or four threes wouldn't be so bad as long as those two big guys don't start getting open inside and dunking all over the place.....Union City kept those two in check in the game at Humboldt and pretty much let the guards shoot the threes..At Union City,Sain and Epperson were dunking all over the place,but the guards didn't do anything..As long as they take away one of those aspects of the game and don't let Humboldt do both,Union City will win....If Humboldt does do both,look out...Watch if UC gets up big early,like they did against Lake County..The Vikings will fold and start pointing fingers.....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry,not going to happen.You probably will be able to catch up with us if you stay in the gym and play against no one for about 2 hrs after the Lake Co game and you still might lose by 2 pts.LOL.Humboldt has in their mind that they cant beat UC.Think about it,at Humboldt,they had a double digit lead midway thru the 3rd and was playing the best they could play and still got beat by 18pts.No way Wade gets open again tomorrow like he did in Humboldt.Im picking UC to win going away by 16pts.

My point exactly about coaching. The game at Humboldt we should have gone to man defense in the fourth instead of letting Union City take all those open threes. I'm not saying we would have won but I don't think we would have lost by 18.

It's great to be confident but one needs to be careful making comments like that. Seems like a lot of folks favorite pasttime on here is bashing Humboldt. No question Humboldt has not lived up to pre-season expectations but they should not be taken lightly. Humboldt is loaded with talent but needs better coaching. Boykin is a fine person but I'm not sure he has what it takes to get the most out of his players and develope their talent as individuals. Humboldt is loaded with talent for the next several years and with the right coaching could definitely bring home the gold ball. If they all come together tomorrow night they can definitely beat Union City and I hope they do.

Hey BIG D -- No bashing Humboldt from me ;) I think the Vikings have a load of talent and if they were in another part of the state- they would have no trouble making it to the BORO ;) It's just this season- when UC and Lake Co. are healthy- they are a little head and shoulders above the Vikings.. More Weapons and in UC's case- a deeper bench .. Humboldt could prove me wrong tonight.. We'll see :P

I don't know if Wade hitting three or four threes wouldn't be so bad as long as those two big guys don't start getting open inside and dunking all over the place.....Union City kept those two in check in the game at Humboldt and pretty much let the guards shoot the threes..At Union City,Sain and Epperson were dunking all over the place,but the guards didn't do anything..As long as they take away one of those aspects of the game and don't let Humboldt do both,Union City will win....If Humboldt does do both,look out...Watch if UC gets up big early,like they did against Lake County..The Vikings will fold and start pointing fingers.....

Humboldt doesn't fold tonight under any circumstance... although i would like to see a 4th game between the 2 best teams in the state (Lake Co & UC), I'll take the Vikings by 3. It's going to be very difficult to beat any team of their caliber again UC fans, sorry Tornados, it's time for you to leave us now. Falcons over the Tide by 11 tonight. Get there early basketball fans.

Edited by thinblue