Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

Well Good Morning Sports Fans,

I sit here a little deflated, but as OC said, the sun is shining and I heard a bird chirpping.

To bad for all us UC and LC fans we didn't get enough sleep last night to enjoy it.

First, Congrats to Humbolt. I watched the last 3 quarters and man did they turn up the heat. I saw them do all the things they needed. Also, keep you chins high UC. I will admit I was pretty bummed when you lost, I really wanted one more UC LC showdown.

And last, trenton good luck. You deserved the win and with the way the falcons played, they deserved the loss. Shouldn't even have been close. Play well for us.

By the way, I really enjoyed this message board. I look forward to next years "UC-Humbolt-LC".

Themightymac punching the time clock and heading for the door.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I would like to say hats off to Trenton and Humbolt. You guys played with heart and passion last night to earn the victories. Good luck in Sub-state and represent 14-A well. Next, a big thank you to the Sr.'s in Lake County especially the big 3 on the b-ball team Springer, Kev and Sep. You guys gave us alot of thrills and memories over the past four years and I personally will not forget it. Good luck in future endeavors. As disappointing as the loss was this is what is great about HS athletics, in one game anything can happen. Enjoyed the threads and messages this year but it is time to go, adios and good-bye.

What are the stories with Middleton and Westside? Size? Speed? How would they match up with Humboldt and Trenton?

This Middleton team is not as talented as last year's, but still not bad at all. In fact, they beat Humboldt rather soundly in the hall of fame game in November (I know Humboldt fans, you didn't have your two football players).

Westside doesn't play the sneaky game at all. The lineup is full of guards and they are lightning quick. They took TCA out back last week in the regional semis and have already beaten Middleton once this year.

I look forward to going to Humboldt or Peabody (whoever wins tomorrow) for the sub-state game on Monday.

I watched this game slip away from the Falcons with less than 2 minutes to go with a 6 point lead. They shot some of the most ridiculous shots ever and they were awful looks. Kill the clock, call a timeout and tell them to stall it for a while. But you are right, Peabody deserved to win. Congrats to Humboldt for a great game and making my prediction come true. I picked the Vikings by 3, but in the same moment I picked the Falcons by 11. Sorry Falcons. Don't worry Tornado fans, you still have Abernathy's in town, the only good reason to come to Union City any way. Have a nice vacation backinthaoc.

You're right thinblue..A 6 point lead and the ball..I haven't seen coach Whitby call a time-out all year..The players have had their own way in shooting as long as shots as they want and even late in the game with a minute or two left..Call a time-out and tell all the players not to shoot the ball..unless a clear cut layup..I hate to say it but maybe Spellrone is right..it may be time to hang it up..I don't believe Coach Whitby 10 years ago would have let this go on..I doubt Winston Jarret would have had any of his players shooting the ball..I can see him still hollering if they did..Coach Sisco from Union City was calling time-outs with 40 seconds and 18 seconds ,telling his players what he wanted if Humboldt missed free throws..Lake Co took some of the worst long shots with no shot clock..It's beyond me..Even the players should know enough to say..All right guys..we have a 6 point lead with two minutes left and we have the ball..No shots and let's take care of the ball..Maybe they'll think about this as the State tournament starts and they're in class..anyway..Congrats to Peabody and Humboldt...Anyway..I'm a little bit down but congrats Lake Co on a great season and to all the seniors on having great careers and good luck in the future....And Congrats to U.C...I believe a lot of Lake Co people were pulling for Humboldt but I was really hoping that yall would win..I was hoping we would play each other again and if we didn't or if Lake Co was to get beat by Trenton or later in sub-state or the State, that yall had the best chance to bring home the gold ball..I still think we're the two beat teams but that's what I like about the tournaments..You have to bring it each time you take the floor or like both of us..stay home!

Edited by mrbigster

If Trenton can play like they did last night...it will be Humboldt and Trenton in the State Finals....Funny thing is no one is still worried about the teams over in the east :lol:

I think Trenton got the breaks on several charging calls that took points off the board,missed layups,Channin having two fouls in the first quarter and not playing in the 2nd quarter,and the player hit that close to half court shot at the buzzer at the half were all key factors..Lake Co looked slow in the first half or as if they thought they could walk through the motions and still win..I don't know how a team can't get up for a key game like this!I believe Humboldt wins by 18 points!

You're right thinblue..A 6 point lead and the ball..I haven't seen coach Whitby call a time-out all year..The players have had their own way in shooting as long as shots as they want and even late in the game with a minute or two left..Call a time-out and tell all the players not to shoot the ball..unless a clear cut layup..I hate to say it but maybe Spellrone is right..it may be time to hang it up..I don't believe Coach Whitby 10 years ago would have let this go on..I doubt Winston Jarret would have had any of his players shooting the ball..I can see him still hollering if they did..Coach Sisco from Union City was calling time-outs with 40 seconds and 18 seconds ,telling his players what he wanted if Humboldt missed free throws..Lake Co took some of the worst long shots with no shot clock..It's beyond me..Even the players should know enough to say..All right guys..we have a 6 point lead with two minutes left and we have the ball..No shots and let's take care of the ball..Maybe they'll think about this as the State tournament starts and they're in class..anyway..Congrats to Peabody and Humboldt

Yea bigster, i know what our coach back in the old times would have done if anyone would have taken shots like that, not only would they be on the bench getting an earfull of it, they might have been sent to the bus. The boys just didn't look concerned that they were blowing the best chance for the Falcons to play in the State tournament since 1979. You gotta get focused for everybody at tourney time. There were 2 focused teams on the floor last night who wanted the win, they both got it. Good Luck to both.

I think Trenton got the breaks on several charging calls that took points off the board,missed layups,Channin having two fouls in the first quarter and not playing in the 2nd quarter,and the player hit that close to half court shot at the buzzer at the half were all key factors..Lake Co looked slow in the first half or as if they thought they could walk through the motions and still win..I don't know how a team can't get up for a key game like this!I believe Humboldt wins by 18 points!

Excuses..... Excuses..... Flat out they lost! They are at home........ All you need to do now is support thse from 14A until their respective roads end. Wether it is the State or Sub-stare 14A will be well represented....... GO HUMBOLDT!!!!

It seemed like Lake County came out flat and just did not want this one. I know those guys are a talented bunch of guys ,but you have to want it every night. Even if the team you are playing isn't superior. Any team can win on any givin night. Lets all just support the 14A teams and bring a gold ball back to the West.

If Trenton can play like they did last night...it will be Humboldt and Trenton in the State Finals....Funny thing is no one is still worried about the teams over in the east :lol:

Trenton wont make it to Murfreesboro. Theyn played their game of the year last night. That opened the door for Middleton. But you better look out for Temple at Murfreesboro.

Edited by Greenfieldfan