Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

Excuses..... Excuses..... Flat out they lost! They are at home........ All you need to do now is support thse from 14A until their respective roads end. Wether it is the State or Sub-stare 14A will be well represented....... GO HUMBOLDT!!!!

I also said Lake Co didn't deserve to win in another post..And I said that's what 's great about the tournament..If Humboldt plays like they did last night against U.C...they have a shot..but can Humboldt bring that same game each night..If Wade shoots like he did and helps Sain..they'll be ok..as for Trenton..I believe if they play Lake Co 10 times..Lake Co wins 9 ..But..they won when it counted..Trenton won't make it past their sub-state game I don't believe!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uc will be back next year in the boro..biah!!!!!!

I really believe they're the best team this year and have proven it all year long..but the system is set up that if you have one bad game at the wrong time..it's over..But I have no problem with the system..That's what's fun..Teams have to play their game every night or go home..I wish Humboldt and Trenton well but feel like Humboldt is the only team left from our area to really have a chance!

I really believe they're the best team this year and have proven it all year long..but the system is set up that if you have one bad game at the wrong time..it's over..But I have no problem with the system..That's what's fun..Teams have to play their game every night or go home..I wish Humboldt and Trenton well but feel like Humboldt is the only team left from our area to really have a chance!

at this point records do not matter. i think they have a chance if they continue to play like they have in the past two games. they beat a #1 seed and a very good #2 seed. it has the feel of the last time they went to state with doaks and ramsey. if you keep underestimating them, they will beat you. i do not think they will get blowed out in the regional championship. they might win. at this point, it is too unpredictible. however, they will be able to play with either westside or middleton. the sectionals will be better games than the regional finals. i can say this-- no one wants to play humboldt in a do or die situation.

interesting fact..2006 Single A regional championship...humboldt 86 union city 83...tuesday night in regional semis...humboldt 86 union city 83...

interesting stat...humboldt has averaged 90 points to trenton's average of 63 in the matchup of both teams...both teams are starting to peak at the right time...im sure about 75% of humboldt's game plan for tomorrow night is to stop yancy..if he is held below 20 then humboldt should win...if not then it is going to be a good game...but i expect sain and epperson to dominate again down low against trenton...trenton has a tall guy but doesn't seem as physical as their #31 who is shorter but rebounds well...but all humboldt has to do in this game is not turn the ball over, dominate the boards, and take the ball to the hoop...if all of that is done then i expect humboldt to win 93-71 with the starting 5 for humboldt all scoring in double digits

Edited by frankieD12

That vacation still booked??? I guess they forgot to get PREPARED like the Vikings that night..UC still had a great season though. How many games did Humboldt score over a 100 this year?

Backnthaoc i did the same as you..I booked my vac. when i saw Union City play the first 3 games..And your very right about Union City having the ability to get up for all opponents..They amaze me in many ways..But the best thing UC has going for them the rest of the year is the way they have prepared themselves all year by playing the great teams have have this year..Ive told everyone..To win big games you have to prepare prepare prepare,bottom line..And yes it is very possible for Union City to get beat tue. night because Humboldt is one of the great teams in single a in the state..But you can bet one thing..Union City will take this game verrry seriously..I had the chance to talk with a couple of the players and they seem to be very focused and excited about the game...I say UC will win 88 74 but hey, if they do lose,they have nothing to be ashamed of this year and what they have done for UC basketball..Because like i said before..No one and i mean no one thought that Union City would finish the regular season 18 n 0 in the district and win the district tourny. And be ranked #1 in the state in class a this year after just one returning starter MJ Brown..Who in my eyes should win Mr. Basketball by way of being the leader that he is. And man is he solid..He always knows where the other 4 players is at all times and he trust his other teamates when they shoot the ball because he knows all of them can score..He is a outstanding team player.

Well all I can say is wow...UC and LC going down?? I've been having trouble with the computer if anyone is wondering about the abrupt absence..Sounds like Humboldt finally put things together the way they are capable of doing...Scary thing is, this team will be MUCH better next year...Everyone but Sain returns and Humboldt will be a little deeper...I realize UC will have a great team and LC won't be bad either but I think that at this point you have to look at Humboldt as the favorite, especially with how Jackson, Wade, Epperson, and Hunt (juniors) are playing...Then you still have Parham, Taylor, and Perry who all started at times this year...Not to mention a couple of promising underclassmen and a couple of kids coming out of jr high, one of which has about as much potential as anyone I've seen in a long time (if he can keep his grades in order)...14A will remain a power for a long time...

As for this year, there's still one of the big three left and I think this win puts the Vikings over the top...They're proving to be a very dangerous team come playoff time every year and I think that if they can get past that substate game, they'll bring home the gold ball...That Westside team scares me a little bit but if Humboldt sticks to their game there's no one left that can beat them..

Congrats to Humboldt and Peabody on their BIGGEST wins on the season.. Humboldt , you guys proved me wrong and hats off to the Vikings :) The Falcons didn't know how to finish in BIG GAMES(had UC beat once during the regular season at Tiptonville and in the District Finals) and let one slip away with a 6 point lead with 2 minutes left and couldn't put the Golden Tide away :ph34r:

Good luck to the Vikings and Golden Tide the rest of the way B)