Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

for one...it's basketball...any day there can be an upset...and union city is slightly the better team...nobody expected union city to beat lake co. last year, which lake co. was the best team by far last year, and union city still beat them

With all Union City's players playing last season....Union City 2 games-Lake County 0 games.....One of those being a BEATDOWN in Tiptonville....

With FOUR UC starters suspended(Including Marquis Weddle)..Union City 0 games-Lake County 1 game

Lake County was not better than Union City last year...

Union City is alot better than Humboldt this year...I don't know what more proof you want than a 13 point win at Union City and an even worse 18 point win at Humboldt...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My picks are UC by 44,LC by 17,Humboldt by 15,and West Carroll by 9 pts.Im picking in the semis,UC by 15 over Humboldt,and LC by 7 pts over West Carroll.Im picking UC by 13 pts over Lake Co in the championship.I see LC going to Middleton and winning by 5 pts and UC hosting West Side and winning by 21pts.UC and LC going to the state.

I think everyone thought that Adamsville @ Middleton was gonna be a close one but Middleton showed up ready to play while A-ville did not. The cardinals had a tough time keeping the ball in their hands, it was turnover after turnover. But yea i think your right about how everything plays out except LC beating Middleton at Middleton. I think its gonna be a replay of a few years back when Middleton won by one point in double overtime.

I think in Region 8 it will go like this.....

Manassas will beat Westside....In a close one...64-57

Manassas has won two of the three meetings this year..Westside won the last meeting and has won 4 in a row overall...Manassas has won 7 of their last 9 games

Middleton will beat Middle College.....85-66

Middleton has won all three meetings with the closest game being an 11 point Tiger win

Then Middleton will beat Manassas 66-61

These two have split two regular season games with Manassas winning by 2 and Middleton winning by 7

Lake Co won last night with Channin Geanes only playing 1 quarter..Channin may have played 1 minute in the 2nd quarter but that was all..I know he didn't play in the 2nd half..Channin blocked a shot and had a techinal called so I don't know if that was part of the reason or Whitby just wanted to play other players..Russel Avery played probably his best overall game..Rebounded pretty well..had a nice tip in over the rim and shot the lights out,hitting 3 long 3's in a row..I believe the score was about 68-30 and Whitby started subbing and put a 2nd five in the game late in the 3rd quarter and with about 3 minutes to go in the game..put in 5 other players or a third team..after the game the Clarksburg coach came out and talked to several of us while we were listening to the end of the Trenton-West Carrol game and told several of us that he knew Lake Co could hit the 3 ball but was the most athletic team they'd played this year...

I think in Region 8 it will go like this.....

Manassas will beat Westside....In a close one...64-57

Manassas has won two of the three meetings this year..Westside won the last meeting and has won 4 in a row overall...Manassas has won 7 of their last 9 games

Middleton will beat Middle College.....85-66

Middleton has won all three meetings with the closest game being an 11 point Tiger win

Then Middleton will beat Manassas 66-61

These two have split two regular season games with Manassas winning by 2 and Middleton winning by 7

you have the semis correct, but i think manassas will beat middleton in the final. the games will be a bit closer. i think manassas is the better team, but middleton has more experience in this type of game. region 7's semis could be a barnburner. i think the top seeds should win and go to state as long as they get a favorable match-up from region 8. i have seen UC play and they have a style similar to a lot of memphis teams. UC's best match-up will be against middleton, because their guards are not good ballhandlers, but they can shoot. LC matches up with all four teams. they played middle college earlier in the year and won by 11-15 points. if LC advances the regional final, they should make it to state no matter where they play. however, westside is the team to watch! they have very good guards. DO NOT TRY TO PRESS THEM! they can beat all of the teams left, because they are a bad match-up for all the teams.

you have the semis correct, but i think manassas will beat middleton in the final. the games will be a bit closer. i think manassas is the better team, but middleton has more experience in this type of game. region 7's semis could be a barnburner. i think the top seeds should win and go to state as long as they get a favorable match-up from region 8. i have seen UC play and they have a style similar to a lot of memphis teams. UC's best match-up will be against middleton, because their guards are not good ballhandlers, but they can shoot. LC matches up with all four teams. they played middle college earlier in the year and won by 11-15 points. if LC advances the regional final, they should make it to state no matter where they play. however, westside is the team to watch! they have very good guards. DO NOT TRY TO PRESS THEM! they can beat all of the teams left, because they are a bad match-up for all the teams.

Call em hard-headed,but if Union City and Westside meet Union City will press them....

I told people early in the season to be watching out for Manassas and Westside......What kind of height does the two Memphis teams have??

Lake Co won last night with Channin Geanes only playing 1 quarter..Channin may have played 1 minute in the 2nd quarter but that was all..I know he didn't play in the 2nd half..Channin blocked a shot and had a techinal called so I don't know if that was part of the reason or Whitby just wanted to play other players..Russel Avery played probably his best overall game..Rebounded pretty well..had a nice tip in over the rim and shot the lights out,hitting 3 long 3's in a row..I believe the score was about 68-30 and Whitby started subbing and put a 2nd five in the game late in the 3rd quarter and with about 3 minutes to go in the game..put in 5 other players or a third team..after the game the Clarksburg coach came out and talked to several of us while we were listening to the end of the Trenton-West Carrol game and told several of us that he knew Lake Co could hit the 3 ball but was the most athletic team they'd played this year...

One of the things I noticed about Geanes was his attitude...I was sitting directly behind the LC bench at Dresden in the championship game....He was yelling at Whitby and a couple of times while Whitby was trying to give instructions he would talk over him and he also pulled away from him a couple of times...I wasn't the only one that noticed it because a couple of Humboldt fans and a couple more Union City fans noticed it...Is he like that all the time??...And what was with Johnson not going to shake the hand of the UC coach and refs during introductions...Out of the 10 starters from both teams,he was the only one not to do so...Was that just his personal statement(being an individual) or has he got an attitude problem too??....

Lake Co. 81 Trenton 77

Humboldt 89 Union City 86

You got the same feeling about Trenton,don't you??.....

One of the things I noticed about Geanes was his attitude...I was sitting directly behind the LC bench at Dresden in the championship game....He was yelling at Whitby and a couple of times while Whitby was trying to give instructions he would talk over him and he also pulled away from him a couple of times...I wasn't the only one that noticed it because a couple of Humboldt fans and a couple more Union City fans noticed it...Is he like that all the time??...And what was with Johnson not going to shake the hand of the UC coach and refs during introductions...Out of the 10 starters from both teams,he was the only one not to do so...Was that just his personal statement(being an individual) or has he got an attitude problem too??....

You got the same feeling about Trenton,don't you??.....

sorta but i think valentine is going to pull it out for lake co...

Game Capsules For Reg.7A Quarter-Final Games...2/24/07

Clarksburg.....8......12.......18......15....=53

Lake Co........19.....24........23.....16....=82

Russell Avery-29pts

Brandon Springer-16pts

Humboldt.....12......18......12......27.....=69

McKenzie......9.......10......13......16.....=48

D.Sain-18pts

EJ Epperson-14pts

C.Taylor-10pts

Big Sandy.......15......13......14......26......=68

Union City.......36......39......25......16......=119

BJ Marshall-20pts *Career High

Cedric Allen-18pts

Ryne Simpson-13pts

Jeremy Simpson-12pts

Lavan Mosley-10pts

Union City's starters scored 46 of the 119 points

Union City hit 16 three pointers

Trenton...........27.........17.......17.......30......=91

West Carroll....19.........23.......20.......27......=89

Dexter Vaughn-31pts

R.Miller-16pts

R.Yancy-10pts

Dexter Vaughn hit a three pointer at the buzzer to win it for Peabody

Vaughn hit 9 three pointers for the game.....

**Stats from the Jackson Sun**

Call em hard-headed,but if Union City and Westside meet Union City will press them....

I told people early in the season to be watching out for Manassas and Westside......What kind of height does the two Memphis teams have??

Manassas is long and tall with small guards, and Westside is relatively short. they do not have a player over 6'2.