Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

I take LC by 8 in this one.I talked to a Humboldt player and they are ready for this one.Ill be there to witness this one.I watched Middleton at the Martin tournament.They finished 2nd and was blown out by Franklin.They beat Hickman Co,Tn in a close game,and beat Fulton Co,Ky by about 5.They had Middleton down by 9 going into the 4th.Also Adamsville finished 7th in the tournament.They were blown out by Franklin,beaten by Fulton City Ky,and they beat Cumberland Co.I look for a good 2nd half of the season,and i am predicting UC and Lake Co to make it 2 state.

Adamsville got beat by Fulton CITY???

I'm thinking about going down there too...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adamsville got beat by Fulton CITY???

I'm thinking about going down there too...

Yeah.They got good big men,but the Jackson kid has an attitude.They dont have good guard play and i think that will kill them against a team that like to press.Dont think that Middleton and Adamsville are better than UC,Humboldt,or Lake Co,but anything can happen in one game.

Yeah.They got good big men,but the Jackson kid has an attitude.They dont have good guard play and i think that will kill them against a team that like to press.Dont think that Middleton and Adamsville are better than UC,Humboldt,or Lake Co,but anything can happen in one game.

Jackson didnt play the whole first half of the Franklin game and one of the regular starting guards wasnt there that game. As for Fulton they got hot in the second half.

Union City opens up 2007 tonite in Union City by taking on the Greenfield Yellow Jackets...The Tornadoes then travel to South Fulton to take on their county rival,the South Fulton Red Devils on Friday nite...It will be interesting to see if the Tornadoes have any kind of hang-over from the Poplar Bluff tournament last week where they lost back-to-back games for the first time this season.....

Halftime....

Greenfield-15

Union City-48

Lavan Mosley ended the first half with about a 70 footer to push the lead to 33...

Greenfield has turned the ball over close to 20 times already...

Union City Scoring....

Cedric Allen-14pts

Jeremy Simpson-10pts

MJ Brown-8pts

Ryne Simpson-7pts

Cameron Callicott-4pts

Lavan Mosely-4pts

Nik Brooks-1pt

Greenfield.....5......10......14......7......=36

Union City....29.....19......19......18....=85

Union City Scoring

MJ Brown-23pts

Cedric Allen-14pts

Jeremy Simpson-12pts

Lavan Mosely-10pts

Nik Brooks-8pts

Ryne Simpson-7pts

BJ Marshall-5pts

Cameron Callicott-4pts

Brandon Easley-2pts

Greenfield Scoring

Reggie McHaney-15pts

Union City improves to 15-3 overall and 8-0 in District 14A play.....UC forced Greenfield into 33 turnovers....

Edited by backinthaoc

I'm not a complainer but tonight was really sad, Union City has no business in Class A basketball, Coach Sisco should win three straight state championships with the talent that he has. If he doesnt he is not much of a coach, anybody can coach this team. Coach Sisco ran up and down the court screaming like Union City was behind when the score was 22-2 in the first quarter. He never called the dogs off. What good does it do any school to beat up on other schools by 71 points like Union City did Gleason and 49 against Greenfield. Now I know why Union City's scores are so high after watching tonights game. I lost alot of respect for Coach Sisco tonight. Someday although not while he's in Class A the shoe will be on the other foot.

Union City can play with any team in A or AA in the state and its a real shame that whoever allowed them to ever play in Class A basketball in Tennessee. I know the rules about enrollment but something is not right.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

You can never discount where a game is played,especially in high school.....I've seen Humboldt,they have all the talent in the world.....I'm still confused with the outcome of the Humboldt-GC game though....

humboldt expected to walk into the game and beat GC easily...didn't happen obviously...their heads were big and got outplayed...not trying to down GC...but the 13 of 18 from behind the 3 point line did help...i think that's a better percentage then UC has shot this year (72%)...but tonight humboldt also lost to bradford by 20 something...i had to leave...idk what's wrong with this humboldt team...not disciplined in my opinion...we've got crockett @ crockett thursday and lake co. at home friday...need to get the kinks worked out or we're in trouble...

I'm not a complainer but tonight was really sad, Union City has no business in Class A basketball, Coach Sisco should win three straight state championships with the talent that he has. If he doesnt he is not much of a coach, anybody can coach this team. Coach Sisco ran up and down the court screaming like Union City was behind when the score was 22-2 in the first quarter. He never called the dogs off. What good does it do any school to beat up on other schools by 71 points like Union City did Gleason and 49 against Greenfield. Now I know why Union City's scores are so high after watching tonights game. I lost alot of respect for Coach Sisco tonight. Someday although not while he's in Class A the shoe will be on the other foot.

Union City can play with any team in A or AA in the state and its a real shame that whoever allowed them to ever play in Class A basketball in Tennessee. I know the rules about enrollment but something is not right.

Not being rude but do you expect Union City to just start losing every game they play because they have more talent and more students than other schools? They are in single A and have showed they are the best in single A..would you rather Union City to have a losing record going into tournament time then have them blow everyone out of the water??? Union City plays who they have to play especially with the 10 team district they are in and they beat who they have to beat...I thought Greenfield's boys team was up this year than from years past? All I can say is tough out the big losses and have fun with your big wins!! Good Luck!!!