SHHS v DB

BroadwayBaller

False. All of SH freshman were not on Varsity. And this is not just about DB & SH. Its about all teams in North East Tn. As I have said,there are no good coaches in this area. Haven't been since Pitts left. What win did Vaughn have over a good coach last year?

i THOUGHT EAST TENNESSEE ALWAYS HAD GOOD COACHES. AND WHAT ARE STATE LEVEL COACHES????

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have come to the conclusion that there is enough talent in upper east tn. for someone to compete on the state level in any given sport every year. The problem is, no good coaches.

Wrong again. How many D-1A basketball players come from upper east tn. each year? I'll tell you. On average, year in and year out, ZERO. We have one this year in Wattad, but the average is still less than 0.5/year which brings the average to ZERO. Memphis turns them out every year. They have stocked Memphis and Arkansas for years with players.

Wrong again. How many D-1A basketball players come from upper east tn. each year? I'll tell you. On average, year in and year out, ZERO. We have one this year in Wattad, but the average is still less than 0.5/year which brings the average to ZERO. Memphis turns them out every year. They have stocked Memphis and Arkansas for years with players.

Wiggins will surely go div I this year.

Why do you insist on making yourself look like such a fool. Have one of your 5th. grade classmates to read my post to you and explain what I said. You don't have a clue.

WHO DAT SAY GONNA BEAT DB? Great game tonight... the reason db won is because omar was pretty much shut down... Coty was faceguarding him most of the night and he did not have many chances. great team effort by this indian squad.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Wattad got shut down. He was the games leading scorer with 18 and his shot was pretty deadly early on...I don't think he was the same after the head bump. He didn't have his shot at the end that is for sure.

Open enrollment has its benefits...however if all this "recruiting" is going on why hasn't someone looked into it?

They recruit. So do most of the other area schools. That is why no one reports them. If they rat on Greeneville then they are telling on themselves.

Volman, you are right. We dont have the level of talent in NE TN that Memphis or Nashville have. We have never had a consistent flow of blue chip talent up here. They do come around once in awhile but nothing consistent.

WaCo, what is a good coach. I'm sure Coach Morgan was a heck of a coach in Salem. What did he do, forget how to coach? I dont think so. He has had mediocre talent at best. He has done a great job. Tony Vaughn wins the Big 9 tourny with a county school half the size of SHHS. That is pretty good coaching to me. The fact of the matter is coaching is overrated. Give me great talent and I will be a great coach.