Jefferson County Position by Position

PatriotMan

Thanks Clifford! The veer is a great offense and is not outdated. I think the increased speed of the players on the defensive side of the ball have made the split back veer more difficult to run because the pitch back is running sideways when he gets the ball. However, the offense is a pain in the neck to try to defend because it makes the defense play "assignment" football. A "thinking" defense is sometimes a slower defense. The reason why we did not run it was because Upton would not block anyone :) ! Both backs must be able to run inside, outside, and block. If not, you get tendancies of diving one back and pitching to another.

See if you agree with me on this, these people that say the veer is an outdated offense, what about the I, the wing t, the shotgun. All of those have been around long enough that they are very easy to defend. Hear me out, if you play "assignment" football anything can be stopped!! I have saw in person one team that plays assignment football and that is why they have so many gold balls. If you wanna go the updated offense route where do you go?? The double-wing, the single-wing, heck maybe even no-one in the backfield just line all lineman up and run variations of the fumbleroskie!! All anyone has to do is teach 10-15 basic plays and run the them to perfection, ala the golden balls again!! Athletes have to fit a system, some up years some down years!! Who cares!! Let's get behind this football program, and best of luck to "GUT".

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Base pay I think was a huge factor in bringing anyone in for the job regardless if they were old Patriots or someone else coming in. Then trying to get qualified assistance from outside to come for the same reason will be hard to do. I think what you saw last night at CN is the coaching staff we will have for the year with maybe 1 addition. The Sideline Club did offer to put up some money to help make the pay more attractive. While we don't have much we were willing to do what it takes to raise.

The Scrimmage went well for a group of kids that have only practiced 3 times leading up to it and with baseball players just now getting in the mix. Very deep at RB & LB positions and OL needs help but that will come along. Defense played good giving up just 1 big play on a pass and a couple of long runs. Over 80 kids on the sidelines looked good.

please go watch Maryville play before you say they run the veer. Yes tey do line up in split backs some and yes they do run the veer on occassions but do not call them a veer team because they are not.

TNRecruiter, you are an idiot, plan and simple. First off, If i remember correctly, Hutchins left JC on good terms to take the McMinn job and then applied for the JC job when Meadows left and then pulled his name out, I do not know why he pulled his name though. You will have to ask him. As far as I know he is still on good terms with Coach K because I saw them talking at a JC basketball game this past season. There are many good football coaches that are former JC grads other than GQ. David Cagle is on a very successful staff in Georgia, Glen Purrier did a good job of coaching at Tellico Plains with the talent that he had, and if you remember what South-Doyle used to be like befor Hutchins got there, you would see that he is doing an OK job there and he did good at McMinn the year that he was there. I only mention those three because they are my time period and they are the only ones I keep up with but I know there are many others that are not even trying to come back and be on the staff of there old stomping grounds and I would like to know why they do not want to come home.

I will support the football team as long as there is one but I am not oing to turn a blind eye to the problems that keep smacking us in the face year after year and that is Coach K and Mr. S destroying the athletic programs at athe high school. WHEN was the last good successful season from any sport at the high school TNRecruter.

Im an idiot "plan" and simple? Maybe you should learn how to spell before you start name calling. Softball has been great the last 10 years, baseball always has a good team, soccer keeps getting better, wrestling has produced state champions and is always tough, football has only had some bad seasons lately because of the coaching changes. Its hard to keep parents and kids happy when things keep changing. And the wole thing about Hutch, he is a fine coach and was fresh when he was here. Thats why people got frustrated with him (and the fact that he didnt have much to work with). Anyways, Im proud to say that he has done a great job where he is at now and lil' Ricky is also doing his part. Obviously the pay isnt as good in JCHS because it is in fact Jefferson County. We cant pay like Knox County schools pay. If we could, GQ may have came instead of SM back in the day. Im sick and tired of hearing people in the community complain about it. If you want more money given to the coaches, then how about pitching in a little yourself. Our county cant even decide on a plan for our overcrowding schools, let alone afford any of the plans that have been brought up.....so how are we supposed to boost the pay of a head football coach? JA wanted it, he lives it, and knowing him its more of a pride thing instead of a money thing.....we have the right man for the job and JCHS will be back on top! Good luck to South Doyle, Maryville, Tellico Plains?, DC, and whoever else coaches from JCHS but mainly "GUT"!!!! GO PATRIOTS!!! And a BIG THANK YOU TO THE ADMINISTRATION AND ATHLETIC DIRECTOR!!!! THE GREATEST, AND HARDEST WORKING IN THE STATE!!!! Get off of there backs and on the JCHS bandwagon for the kids sake. Thank you, have a nice day. Idiot....out.

about Hutch, he is a fine coach and was fresh when he was here.

TNRecruiter - were you a defensive back because you sure are good at backpedaling. You first said that Hutchins was made because he got fired which is a complete and total lie. Now you are saying that he is a fine coach. Make up your mind idiot. But you did finally get it right, Hutchins is a fine coach and Ricky is doing just fine coaching the running backs. Matter of fact, i have met the entire South-Doyle staff and they are all very nice guys that are good coaches. They actually have three former Jefferson County Football players on there staff so they have to be good. They learned from a great coach in Kisabeth. Yes Kisabeth was a great coach but he is still a lousy AD.

Hutchins? If you were a terrible coach and got a friendly firing, you would be mad too. Delozier is a great man, not a high school football coach. And who has done so well from JCHS other than GQ? Exactly. Not all great players make great coaches.

I didnt say he would bee a good hs football coach, i said an ad