Knoxville Webb at Greenville

basketballfan2003

QUOTE(orange~is~tradition @ Jan 18 2007 - 11:25 AM) 826336263[/snapback]

Yeah....Morgan did hit two big free throws. But about the point gaurd and turnovers. What is the reason Greeneville lost to Lexington Catholic? They turned up the pressure and Carter turned the ball over. What got Greeneville beat against Shelbyville in the final four last year? Three costly turnovers by Carter that led to a seven nothing run at the end of the third. And Lamons does NOTHING on the court. She is scared to death when she gets the ball she cant shoot, her defense is ok on some nights, but anyways...MARK THESE WORDS the team that ends Greeneville's season down the road will be a team that plays pressure defense and causes turnovers.

The team that beats Greeneville will be a physical team that intimidates Dickson and fouls a lot. That girl is really good but she backs down from really physical play. If I were these girls, I would get better at the line...quick. Free throws nearly cost them the MoWest game and were pitiful against Alcoa (except for Collins)

Sure, clutch free-throws kept them ahead of Webb, but they need to be consistant.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(orange~is~tradition @ Jan 18 2007 - 11:25 AM) 826336263[/snapback]

Yeah....Morgan did hit two big free throws. But about the point gaurd and turnovers. What is the reason Greeneville lost to Lexington Catholic? They turned up the pressure and Carter turned the ball over. What got Greeneville beat against Shelbyville in the final four last year? Three costly turnovers by Carter that led to a seven nothing run at the end of the third. And Lamons does NOTHING on the court. She is scared to death when she gets the ball she cant shoot, her defense is ok on some nights, but anyways...MARK THESE WORDS the team that ends Greeneville's season down the road will be a team that plays pressure defense and causes turnovers.

Dude, what fantasy land are you living in? Lamons does plenty on the court, why else would she be out there? And no more reasons that don't have any substance. Plus, all of the stuff your citing is personal belief and stuff that happened last year. Last time I checked, players tend to improve with more playing time. That's why losing seniors is such a big deal. And unless you happen to be a psychologist/psychiatrist, don't talk about what goes on in other people's heads. Maybe she doesn't shoot because that's not why she's in the game.

Greeneville faced a pretty physical team in Webb, plus Jeff Co wasn't exactly soft, but GHS doesn't play a really physical game. I think Nicole getting shut down now won't be as much of a problem as it would have been earlier in the season, especially with Deans and Collins there to take up the slack. This looks like it'll be a thrill ride of a season, though.

QUOTE(greenevillefan @ Jan 17 2007 - 10:00 PM) 826335603[/snapback]

The coaching staff sure the heck is no worse than what they have had for the first 32 years of greeneville basketball. If you think you can do better then go and help them out. I am sure they would not mind a volunteer helping them out during the offseason. If you watched the game last year in the state you would have to say Greeenville didn't even have a shot. If I do recall correctly they didn't hold the ball when they were down ten. Shelbyville should have killed those girls, but they didn't. Burkey had no clue what to do against the zone that Greeneville played them in. Maybe if you so good then you could help them and make them a strenght!!!!

Greeneville mom, Burkey did not have to figure out their "zone"...he was up double digits...

QUOTE(barb @ Jan 17 2007 - 10:32 PM) 826335672[/snapback]

What exactly do you have against this woman? I think she deserves a lot of credit for keeping this team competitive after Burkey bailed. She is young and she is learning. Neither Burkey or Blair had it going on at her age either.I am sure she is appreciative for the groundwork that has been laid by her predecessors and has found it difficult to step into the shoes of either of those men. Whether you approve or not, she has taken this team farther at the boro than either Lynn or Jack. And unless the talent pool dries up, her skills as a coach will continue to improve. Let's face it Junkie, all good coaches have to start somewhere...in all fairness,you don't really think that she thought she could outcoach the venerable Lynn Burkey...I don't think she is that obtuse.

Barb, I have nothing against her...my initial post on this thread was a simple comment - Collins should be on the floor more than she has been. Since then have had people attacking kids (that's not right, they are kids) past coaches and since I have a difference of opinion, I suppose I am next...Greeneville has a great feeder school and an incredible talent base. Jack was not a great basketball coach, everyone knows that, but anyone who thinks that the level of talent he had compares to what has been at GHS over the past few years really doesn't understand the game. These coaches are young, I hope they improve and I hope they win the state every year. But at this time, they are not very perceptive and they don't adjust very well to game situations. Simply an observation, not a personal attack, I'm sure they are fine folks.

The way I look at this board it is a place to voice your opinions. Facts are stated as well and what one believes may not be what another believes. I think the girls coaches have done a good job with the girls. I do disagree about the coaching of the young girls the other night, I even made the statement during the game that they should not just be sitting there watching they should be coaching them and giving them help because that was a great time for the younger girls to learn more. Now that being said, that is just my opinion and I feel that if you disagree then that is okay. Heck if we all agreed on everything life would be great huh? Just because one person states how he/she feels everyone needs not attack that, give your opinion and then move on. I do not agree with attacking a player personally on the boards, I mean if I say that Dickson had a bad game against Webb because she was intimidated I don't feel that is attacking her. If I said that Dickson is horrible and should never be on the floor she is just the coaches pet that would be a different situation. I agree with Orange/Tradition about a team that presses them would give them trouble, I know they have seen some pressure but nothing really in your face yet. The South Greene teams of Larry Neil would give these girls trouble simply because of the pressing they did. I wish the girls nothing but the best, they have some talent and they work hard. Sorry for the long post but you know if you cant give your opinion then why be on here?

QUOTE(volunteerfan23 @ Jan 19 2007 - 07:24 AM) 826337334[/snapback]

The way I look at this board it is a place to voice your opinions. Facts are stated as well and what one believes may not be what another believes. I think the girls coaches have done a good job with the girls. I do disagree about the coaching of the young girls the other night, I even made the statement during the game that they should not just be sitting there watching they should be coaching them and giving them help because that was a great time for the younger girls to learn more. Now that being said, that is just my opinion and I feel that if you disagree then that is okay. Heck if we all agreed on everything life would be great huh? Just because one person states how he/she feels everyone needs not attack that, give your opinion and then move on. I do not agree with attacking a player personally on the boards, I mean if I say that Dickson had a bad game against Webb because she was intimidated I don't feel that is attacking her. If I said that Dickson is horrible and should never be on the floor she is just the coaches pet that would be a different situation. I agree with Orange/Tradition about a team that presses them would give them trouble, I know they have seen some pressure but nothing really in your face yet. The South Greene teams of Larry Neil would give these girls trouble simply because of the pressing they did. I wish the girls nothing but the best, they have some talent and they work hard. Sorry for the long post but you know if you cant give your opinion then why be on here?

I have to agree with you about Dickson. If she realized that with her size and power she could hang with anyone, she would be a force. She needs to get tough.This team will need her to be aggressive with Deans graduating.

Who do you see replacing Carter next year? Can McIntyre get the job done?

QUOTE(greenevillefan @ Jan 18 2007 - 12:30 PM) 826336381[/snapback]

If you look at the stats for the IMAC Carter is leading the conference in assists. If you also look at those turnovers not all of them are her fault. Greeneville should have beaten Lexington Catholic, however we had some excellent officiating that kept that from happening. Carter runs the offense extremely well. And the comment that Lamons does NOTHING? You have to be joking me. You must not watch the team play much. She is an excellent defender. I don't think anyone expects her to be a scoring threat for greeneville, but she has hit some three's through the season that have been a spark that the team needed. If you compare her to last years so called excellent defender and three point shooter then she is not so bad! Do you actually think that Greeneville has not played anyone this year that puts pressure defense on them? Let me name a few for you: 1. Cleveland, 2. Lexington Catholic, 3. Wilson Central (the only game they have played bad all year), 4. Archbishop Carrol, 5. Knox Webb. If you look at all five of those teams you can see that the caliber of those teams is very good. Greeenville lost in two overtimes to Cleveland. They got beat by LC with very terrible officiating. Got beat by AAA Defending State Champions. Beat Archbisho Carrol. Beat Knox Webb. I think that the Greeneville team has faced pressure and has handled it better than you want to give them credit. Just like any team there is need for improvement in many areas. I think that if there are people out there that have all this vast knowledge like you and roundball junkie then they should be talking to the coaches and offering their help. But I doubt that will ever happen. People just want to get on her and B_ _ _h about what they think the problem is. So if you are not willing to offer your services then quit bad mouthing what is going on with the team.

Ok, now that you have put an excuse for every loss, here is my thoughts Cleveland great game, Lexington Catholic in the second half they turn up the heat and Greeneville scores nine points in the second half, Wilson Central always plays in your face Defense=Loss 67-38. They beat Archbishop Carrol but was up big and AC started pressing and got themselves back in the game. Webb does not play in your face D, they play very solid D but they do not press or anything of that nature. Carter is used to having the security blanket of Lyons and then Forney, she no longer has that and she is not helped out by the Coaches press O which is basically get it in and Whitney get it up the court.

QUOTE(orange~is~tradition @ Jan 19 2007 - 11:24 AM) 826337577[/snapback]

Ok, now that you have put an excuse for every loss, here is my thoughts Cleveland great game, Lexington Catholic in the second half they turn up the heat and Greeneville scores nine points in the second half, Wilson Central always plays in your face Defense=Loss 67-38. They beat Archbishop Carrol but was up big and AC started pressing and got themselves back in the game. Webb does not play in your face D, they play very solid D but they do not press or anything of that nature. Carter is used to having the security blanket of Lyons and then Forney, she no longer has that and she is not helped out by the Coaches press O which is basically get it in and Whitney get it up the court.

Answer the question about helping out? Why not? A press offense only works when it is ran the right way. Wilson Central did not miss many shots that game either. Go ask Bobby Rader for the stats, he can tell you it is hard to win if the other team shoots that good. Greeneville does not have the best shooters on the outside either so when you are playing someone as good as WC then you have to play your best game to win. I will agree that it looks sometimes when there is pressure. Hopefully these ladies will be able to execute the press offense a lot better as the season goes on. I think that the Lady Devils have done a lot of good things this season, but you have pointed out their greates weakness. I hope you think about the previous statements about the coaching staff. Also I hope you continue to support Greeneville athletics. If you have any gifts or talents that you think can be helpfull to any of the teams then go and offer them.

QUOTE(orange~is~tradition @ Jan 19 2007 - 11:24 AM) 826337577[/snapback]

Answer the question about helping out? Why not? A press offense only works when it is ran the right way. Wilson Central did not miss many shots that game either. Go ask Bobby Rader for the stats, he can tell you it is hard to win if the other team shoots that good. Greeneville does not have the best shooters on the outside either so when you are playing someone as good as WC then you have to play your best game to win. I will agree that it looks sometimes when there is pressure. Hopefully these ladies will be able to execute the press offense a lot better as the season goes on. I think that the Lady Devils have done a lot of good things this season, but you have pointed out their greates weakness. I hope you think about the previous statements about the coaching staff. Also I hope you continue to support Greeneville athletics. If you have any gifts or talents that you think can be helpfull to any of the teams then go and offer them.

QUOTE(barb @ Jan 19 2007 - 09:30 AM) 826337440[/snapback]

I have to agree with you about Dickson. If she realized that with her size and power she could hang with anyone, she would be a force. She needs to get tough.This team will need her to be aggressive with Deans graduating.

Who do you see replacing Carter next year? Can McIntyre get the job done?

I think Paige Ramsey might be a good option, she has a lot of learning and growing to do but she does have pretty good handles. The decision making process is what will be the toughest part for her I think. I think McIntyre might be a good option too but I would really personally like to she her stay at the shooting guard position. Dickson needs to show some improvement from year to year and really I dont think she has shown a whole lot from last year to this. Not saying she isn't pretty good but I would like to think there would be a more substantial gain. Getting tough is a priority for her because she might get bumped around a lot more without Ashley in there to bump people around for Greeneville. I think the Kelley girl will be pretty good with some more experience as well. She plays post on JV but I think she will have to move to a wing at the varsity level to be really effective. Thinks look pretty good even again next year if the girls stay with it and keep on working!