Top Post Players

sportsnut46

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sportsnut46 @ Jan 25 2007 - 12:30 PM) 826345487[/snapback]

Who are some of the better post players in Tennessee? Are the good SR. post players already committed? Are there any really good ones in the JR and Soph classes?

Senior at Clarksville High, Sean Merriweather is tough inside. He's not just a back to the basket player, put agile and runs the floor well. Probably would have to play a 2 or a 3 in college.

Aaron Douglas of Maryville has to be one of the top post players in the state. Aaron is a 6-7, 245 pound junior. He had 19 points and 17 rebounds against a strong Bearden front line Tuesday night. He is a true physical specimen with incredible strength around the basket. He also is remarkably mobile for a person his size.

I strongly believe Aaron could play D-1 basketball if he chose to go that route. However, he is an even higher rated football player and has already committed to play football for UT. Even though he has committed to UT, I hear he still gets regular letters from football powerhouses all over the country.

QUOTE(Norman Dale @ Jan 25 2007 - 02:17 PM) 826345662[/snapback]

Aaron Douglas of Maryville has to be one of the top post players in the state. Aaron is a 6-7, 245 pound junior. He had 19 points and 17 rebounds against a strong Bearden front line Tuesday night. He is a true physical specimen with incredible strength around the basket. He also is remarkably mobile for a person his size.

I strongly believe Aaron could play D-1 basketball if he chose to go that route. However, he is an even higher rated football player and has already committed to play football for UT. Even though he has committed to UT, I hear he still gets regular letters from football powerhouses all over the country.

ROGERS "BIG DADDY" GAINES -- WHITE HOUSE

6FT 7 1/2 320 JUNIOR

BIG TIME PLAYER BUT PROBABLY WILL PLAY D1 FOOTBALL SOMEWHERE BUT HE COULD PLAY D1 BBALL IF HE LOST ABOUT 30-50 LBS. HE SHOOTS THE 3 LIKE A GUARD. HAS HUGE HAND'S ... HE'S ALSO A GREAT PASSER

MATTHEW FOX GOODPASTURE 6FT9 SENIOR

VERY IMPRESSIVE DEFENSIVE PLAYER ALSO HAS A SOFT TOUCH ON THE MID RANGE JUMPERS

HAVEN'T SEEN DREW KELLY OR ZEKE MASON YET BUT I HEAR THEY ARE VERY IMPRESSIVE...I THINK BOTH ARE SOPHS SO THEY MUST BE BIG TIME PROSPECTS

QUOTE(LARRYBIRD33 @ Jan 25 2007 - 08:44 PM) 826346149[/snapback]

6FT 7 1/2 320 JUNIOR

BIG TIME PLAYER BUT PROBABLY WILL PLAY D1 FOOTBALL SOMEWHERE BUT HE COULD PLAY D1 BBALL IF HE LOST ABOUT 30-50 LBS. HE SHOOTS THE 3 LIKE A GUARD. HAS HUGE HAND'S ... HE'S ALSO A GREAT PASSER

MATTHEW FOX GOODPASTURE 6FT9 SENIOR

VERY IMPRESSIVE DEFENSIVE PLAYER ALSO HAS A SOFT TOUCH ON THE MID RANGE JUMPERS

HAVEN'T SEEN DREW KELLY OR ZEKE MASON YET BUT I HEAR THEY ARE VERY IMPRESSIVE...I THINK BOTH ARE SOPHS SO THEY MUST BE BIG TIME PROSPECTS

its a shame you havent seen zeke play because if you had you wouldnt have even put matthew fox on this list. fox is probably 2 to 3 inches taller than z and z completely manhandled fox as well as the rest of the team when cpa and gp met early in the season

QUOTE(LARRYBIRD33 @ Jan 25 2007 - 08:44 PM) 826346149[/snapback]

6FT 7 1/2 320 JUNIOR

I have to agree..I saw him play against union city during the battle for the state at lipscomb. Union City scored over 100 on White House, so it wasn't much of a game. But Gaines dominated on dead sets...he just couldn't handle the running style that UC is so good at...but not many people can.

QUOTE(Kings_of_Championships @ Jan 26 2007 - 10:20 PM) 826347609[/snapback]

I have to agree..I saw him play against union city during the battle for the state at lipscomb. Union City scored over 100 on White House, so it wasn't much of a game. But Gaines dominated on dead sets...he just couldn't handle the running style that UC is so good at...but not many people can.

DONT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY BUT I WOULD LOVE , LOVE , LOVE TO PLAY UNION CITY AGAIN ON A COUPLE DAYS REST.. GAINES 3RD GAME IN A ROW WAS TOUGH ON HIM AND I REALIZE EVERYONE PLAYED 3 GAMES IN 3 DAYS . BUT AT 6FT7 320 IT WAS MORE DIFFICULT ON HIM THEN MOST. GAINES PLAYED LOUSY THAT GAME . HE WASNT MOVING AT ALL. ANYWAY I WOULD ALSO LOVE TO SEE YA PLAY LIBERTY CUZ I THINK YOU COULD PLAY WITH THEM AND POSSIBLY BEAT THEM... I HAVE ALL THE RESPECT IN THE WORLD FOR UNION CITYS TEAM.. THEY WERE INCREDIBLE BUT I THINK IF WE PLAYED AGAIN IT WOULD BE ALOT CLOSER AND IF WE PLAYED OUR BEST GAME WE COULD WIN..

QUOTE(Kings_of_Championships @ Jan 26 2007 - 10:20 PM) 826347609[/snapback]

Derek Sain from Humboldt..