AP Poll

PTSportsWriter

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually , i voted late monday morning but still voted greeneville number one. it was their first in state loss , a lot of things went into the 29 point defeat that the average voter across the state might not have had access to. but you are right , many vote early , or some don't do their homework before they vote , because the "how they fared" listing that comes out over the weekend does not include the saturday games , such as greeneville-science hill and austin east-fulton which were both played on saturday. I am glad we have a playoff system in place which takes care of all that. Have a great day man.

QUOTE(Challenger @ Jan 30 2007 - 03:29 AM) 826351314[/snapback]

actually , i voted late monday morning but still voted greeneville number one. it was their first in state loss , a lot of things went into the 29 point defeat that the average voter across the state might not have had access to. but you are right , many vote early , or some don't do their homework before they vote , because the "how they fared" listing that comes out over the weekend does not include the saturday games , such as greeneville-science hill and austin east-fulton which were both played on saturday. I am glad we have a playoff system in place which takes care of all that. Have a great day man.

I dont mean to be disrespectful, but how can Greeneville still be number 1 on your ballot after losing by 29! I could understand if it was by a few points or so, but a team of that caliber or supposed caliber doesnt have lopsided loses like that, and even then how can you justify keeping them at the top spot when pretty much everyone else in the top 10 won this past week?

no offense taken , and by the way i did vote oakland second. it was greenevilles first in state loss and knowing the situation as i do , i felt ok in the number one vote still. like i said , i am glad we don't have to rely on the media to vote #1 in the state , and have a playoff system that takes care of it for us. good luck oakland , hope to see you at the state....

Is R-E calling Oakland out? Well then..why dont they just come on up and play a game? Then everyone can stop cryin about who needs to be number 1. I guess we will have to wait till they come to MTSU. Oh heck...thats Oaklands back yard. Everyone stop being little homos and we'll take it out back...if R-E comes to play. Same goes with Greeneville.

QUOTE(Challenger @ Jan 30 2007 - 03:29 AM) 826351314[/snapback]

Challenger..do you vote for Single A,Double A,etc..I am just curious..and this is to all the voters...Temple was ranked #2 in the State last week and lost to Pickett Co ,a team that wasn't ranked at the time by 10 points..Temple didn't fall a spot at all..Lake Co was ranked #3 and lost to the #1 team in the State by only 2 points.and dropped a spot..Lost by fewer points and to a higher ranked opponent ..Do the voters as far as you know even look at the schedules in West Tenn or do you just go by the record..see that they lost and drop them?Or I guess there's more papers in Middle and East Tenn..so they keep their teams up there..I'm not writing because Lake Co is ranked #4 and because I think should be higher..I've seen some games that even I wouldn't have them in the top 10..I'm just saying that you have two teams..one lost to a higher ranked team by fewer points and dropped while the other team didn't..I'm not saying Temple isn't the #2 team in the State and that Grace isn't the #3 team in the state..Just wondering what the criteria is...

QUOTE(OakIand @ Jan 29 2007 - 08:09 PM) 826350887[/snapback]

Oakland hasn't lost one in-state game and Only other was to the best team in Alabama sooooooooo.

Oakland is a Joke and everyone will see that. R.E. is Number one. That AP garbage is so political. You will not hear about Oakland, Pigeon Forge, Science Hill or Greenville after Tourney time. These teams are so overrated.

QUOTE(Jumpshot @ Jan 29 2007 - 06:31 PM) 826350775[/snapback]

Pray tell how Greeneville lost (by a lot), #2 Raleigh Egypt continues to win and all of a sudden Oakland jumps from #3 to number 1. This is EXACTLY why you AP pollsters get no respect for your opinions. It just infuriates me that you would keep choosing to screw over a bunch of very deserving kids. It will all come out in the wash but you guys just need to know how pathetic this looks!

The Oakland kids must just not be as deserving.

QUOTE(Jumpshot @ Jan 29 2007 - 06:42 PM) 826350786[/snapback]

You know OF COURSE that the strength of schedule list on here is a bunch of hooey! They don't factor in teams that are from out of state in the standings of strength. Ral-Egypt has played AND DEFEATED FIVE OUT OF SIX TEAMS WITH NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED PROGRAMS AND PLAYED THE #5 TEAM in the nation, SO. MEDFORD DOWN TO THE WIRE BEFORE TWO STARTERS FOULED OUT. Just take a look at each teams schedule on here and tell me with a straight face that Greeneville, Oakland or a half dozen others teams you've ranked so high actually plays as TOUGH a schedule.

National rankings are even more of a joke than these same state rankings you are complaining about. Bottom line, Oakland has lost zero games in the state, and RE has lost 1. From someone who hasn't seen either team play, who would you pick? I am not saying that OHS would beat RE, RE might really be the best team in the state.....but so could OHS.

QUOTE(nebuntyn @ Jan 30 2007 - 11:54 AM) 826351620[/snapback]

Oakland is a Joke and everyone will see that. R.E. is Number one. That AP garbage is so political. You will not hear about Oakland, Pigeon Forge, Science Hill or Greenville after Tourney time. These teams are so overrated.

How many times have you watched Oakland play this year? Do they still play the city champhionship in Memphis? If so, what day will that be played?