COLLEGE FOOTBALL

PowrPlus

I was just curious as to where some of the top local players were going to play college ball next season?

I heard the Lyons kid from Hampton has had some offers. Does anyone have an update on him?

What is the latest on David Alexander from Science Hill? Surely he will play at the next level?

What's the word on big Ben Murray from the Hill? Or will his bread be better buttered in wrestling?

Jordan Castle from SHHS?

Watson from Sevier?

Pappas and Sensabaugh from D-B? Are they going on?

These are just a few that come to my mind.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sensabaugh is going Appy State according to tricities sports.

David Alexander has narrowed his choices down to 3 and will sign at the school wednesday along with Markey Lathan.

In my opnion, Alexander is an D1 player but it's difficult for exposure in this area. One of the reasons is because of coaching styles. Another is that the coaches aren't willing to sell their programs to the colleges. Knoxville is looked at as an regional hub so there is alot of name recognition there. If your not creating an buzz for yourself in the summer camp circuit, you can't get your name out there unless your putting up playstation numbers.

D-B's Wednesday signees:

Brandon Thompson is signing with Appalachian State

Andrew Pappas is signing with Yale

Trevor Salyer is signing with Tusculum

Coty Sensabaugh will sign with either Clemson or Appalachian State

(he had committed to Appy State, but Clemson came in late)

others are in discussion with a variety of schools

Roll Tribe Roll

From Knoxville West; J.R. Richmond to TN Tech and Byron Bell to Carson-Newman tomorrow. It won't happen tomorrow but probables are T.J. Wilson to Morehead State and Reuben Glass, Robbie Spencer, Brent Buckner, T.J. Smith, etc. to D3's or NAIA within next couple of weeks.

QUOTE(BobSegar @ Feb 6 2007 - 03:04 PM) 826360682[/snapback]

Coty Sensabaugh was offered and committed to Clemson University this morning. He was all-state at both Cornerback and Wide Receiver, and was recruited by Clemson as a defensive back. Good luck to him.

For real?They said he was going to APPY ST.at the football banquet.