District 11-AA

HHSnumber1fan

QUOTE(Big Country @ Mar 18 2007 - 09:03 PM) 826416769[/snapback]THAT'S IT I CAN'T READ ANYMORE OF THIS GARBAGE BECAUSE FIRST OF ALL SOME OF YOU SHOULD SPEND A LITTLE LESS TIME ON COACHT & A LITTLE MORE TIME LEARNING HOW TO USE PROPER GRAMMAR. SECONDLY, SOME OF YOU NEED TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT PRIOR TO POSTING NONSENSE. FINALLY, SOME OF YOU NEED TO QUIT NIBBLING AT YOUR MOTHER'S BREASTS AND GROW UP AND TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!!!!!

The coaches are doing a great job guys. Cheatham Co. competed well against state powerhouse David Lipscomb and the final score doesn't even begin to show how well the Cubs battled against the Mustangs. Cheatham turned around and killed Pearl Cohn on Friday night in a game that they should have rolled in seeing as how PCHS is not known for their baseball team. The players THAT HAVE COMMITTED THEMSELVES TO WINNING GAMES AT CCCHS are doing great right now. The Hucks, Garrett Potts, & Tyler Anderson are just a few that come to mind right away. When you stop and think about it CCCHS is a baseball team right now with ONE SENIOR taking the field when they play these days and that is Kevin Elliott. If these coaches are given a chance this team will be one to look out for come the second half of this baseball season no question about it.

Now for people like cchs10-3 & huggybear in particular:

"The complants where the coaches which are football coachesNever coached baseball before) are forceing players to do football drills that do not need to be done by picthers or really any of them becauce in baseball everybody has to throw. One player had to go to a orthapedic doctor"

All I have to say to this post is WOW!!!! I can't recall any football drills that have taken place during practices since the players haven't EVER BEEN ISSUED neither helmets and/or shoulder pads as of this moment. Last time I checked players are throwing the baseball just fine. Look at the play that Potts made against Lipscomb when he caught the ball off the deflection and hosed out the runner at first. IF THERE IS ANY PLAYER THAT SHOULD HAVE AN EXCUSE IT'S HIM SEEING AS HOW HE'S STILL RECOVERING FROM THAT HORRIBLE INJURY HE HAD TO ENDURE ON THE OPENING DAY OF FALL CAMP LAST AUGUST. If you have to go and see an orthapedic doctor then in all likelihood you aren't well enough to be playing high school athletics especially at the varsity level. Maybe there will be a spot or two available in the tuba or flute sections in this upcoming year's band who knows???????

The "drills" that are being talked about were believe it or not APPLAUDED by the surrounding coaches in the school. Why???? It's not because they are meant for hard work to punish guys or to make guys want to take and throw temper tantrums and quit baseball. Instead these drills have been used to teach these young guys how to compete. You must first learn how to compete before you can ever begin to think about winning. Did Cheatham Co. beat anyone last year outside of Class A White House-Heritage (A NEW SCHOOL) or Stewart Co. (THE WORST TEAM IN THE DISTRICT)??????????? The players need to learn how to compete if they want to take and be able to compete with teams like Sycamore & Harpeth. Winning will come in due time. The Cubs coaches applauded the team's effort in the losses to David Lipscomb & Springfield. Why?????? The kids were competitive. You must first believe that you can win before winning is ever an option. That's one piece of advice that I would give to those football guys over at Harpeth as well.

One of the players who walked off on his team called the coach an "f'ing d a" and then had the nerve to tell both of the coaches that if he left practice then he wouldn't return. First off if that were my biological son that pulled that kind of nonsense then he'd probably never be able to sit on his behind for at least a month after I got finished with him /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Secondly if that were one of any coaches players in this state that pulled that kind of stuff then he'd be thrown off of any team right away. Another kid decided to SKIP BASEBALL THIS PAST WEEK BECAUSE HE WENT OUT OF TOWN FOR SPRING BREAK!!!!! Ironically that same player had a relative who did not choose to do that same thing. This isn't pee-wee baseball at the Joelton Ball Park where winners and losers get a free coke & candy bar ladies and gentlemen. This is varsity high school athletics where winners get trophies and rings while losers get a "better luck next year" speech. THAT SAME PRINCIPLE APPLIES TO ALL ASPECTS OF THE REAL LIFE WORLD!!!! YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!! That same young man was not thrown off the baseball team for missing time. He did have to do some make-up work for the time that he did miss. This wasn't a punishment. It was a fair opportunity for that young man to rejoin his teammates. Do you think it would be fair to those who worked their tails off throughout their spring vacations if one player got the chance to go out of town "for a week of fun" and then upon his return that same young man would get to rejoin the team without having to go through the work that they all endured????????????

Come on out and watch these bunch of young & steadily improving Cheatham Co. Cubs (1-3) play Creek Wood & Greenbrier this upcoming week folks and you can all feel free to judge the character of these supposed "abusive & evil coaches" yourselves. I promise you all that what you'll see are two guys who are committed to winning games coaching a great group of young competitors who want to learn what it takes to win now that the cancers are leaving their program. What do you do to a cancer?????? YOU CUT IT OUT BEFORE IT KILLS YOU!!!! The cancers are off of this team and now they can go and play "Pee-Wee Baseball" in Joelton or they can go and join the band. If they change their ways of thinking and commit themselves to wanting to compete and win then maybe they can rejoin the CCCHS baseball program. Until then, they need to stay as far away as possible because people with losers attitudes aren't wanted around these parts. If some of the attitudes continue the way that they are then I am sure that some of them also will not be wanted anywhere near the gymnasium this upcoming fall and winter either.

The truth has been spoken--get rid of the cancer before it kills your team--new coaches/new attitude/new results!!!

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh Puckett- 2000, 2002 Class A All State team.

Josh Puckett- 2002 Covington Leader's Class A Best of the West Baseball Player of the Year /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Oh yeah, he also played a little football too!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I only deal in facts! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(cchs10-3 @ Mar 18 2007 - 03:57 PM) 826416528[/snapback]You people obevouisly don't have a clue what is going on. No one I know of is whinning about being yelled at or disalpined or cusing or anyting like that. The complants where the coaches which are football coachesNever coached baseball before) are forceing players to do football drills that do not need to be done by picthers or really any of them becauce in baseball everybody has to throw. One player had to go to a orthapedic doctor, because its was messing up his elbow(not good for a pitcher) I don't care how many names ya'll call them ,the ball players are not stupid. and most of them know to stand up for them selves. It's funny that these boys have played for many coaches and have never quit before. the latest bunch to quit are the ones who stood up for the coaches early in the year , so they have given them a chance. The coaches and players have no respect for each other.

some of theparents are going to try and get something done this week, hopeful we can still have a baseball season.

Actually...if you want to get technical about it. Several of the players that quit have quit other teams and other coaches before, which goes to reflect what type of kids they are. And actually...yes...we do have a clue what's going on. Coach Puckett has coached baseball before, and played and been successful. Also....the kid in question that had to go to the orthopedic doctor didn't even hurt his throwing arm! It sounds to me like you don't have the "simple minded let them do whatever they want" coach from last year and you're looking for a reason to get him out. So in my estimation...you would rather have a coach that didn't practice one time during the season last year...let the kids basically commit murder...and won only 5 games in the process with decent talent. Instead of a coach that is trying to get the kids in shape....instill some discipline....cares for the sport and wants to win....and is trying to make the kids better men. Wow...good choice. Just goes to show you what our society has turned into as a whole.

QUOTE(baronsword @ Mar 19 2007 - 10:05 AM) 826417399[/snapback]Actually...if you want to get technical about it. Several of the players that quit have quit other teams and other coaches before, which goes to reflect what type of kids they are. And actually...yes...we do have a clue what's going on. Coach Puckett has coached baseball before, and played and been successful. Also....the kid in question that had to go to the orthopedic doctor didn't even hurt his throwing arm! It sounds to me like you don't have the "simple minded let them do whatever they want" coach from last year and you're looking for a reason to get him out. So in my estimation...you would rather have a coach that didn't practice one time during the season last year...let the kids basically commit murder...and won only 5 games in the process with decent talent. Instead of a coach that is trying to get the kids in shape....instill some discipline....cares for the sport and wants to win....and is trying to make the kids better men. Wow...good choice. Just goes to show you what our society has turned into as a whole.

well it's like this ,the law has been brought into the matter, why tssaa will let a high school coach allow a friend to grab a player and keep him from leaving the dugot its called simple assault and maybe this will open the eyes of those who are in charge of these coaches that lose control when things doin't go EXACTLEY their way. who is doing the crying, i doin't think we are crying we are looking out for those who wish to play a little ball and not be put down for wanting to have fun, thats what we taught them growing up, having fun with the game and hanging out with their friends, never thought we would have to battle with with coaches that seems they didn't have any up-bringing in how to talk to KIDS. well since its all out in the open maybe we can have not just one new coach but two new ones. and a police officer at all the practices to make sure the next coaches want abuse the children or use language that doesn't fit in the school policy, but at cheatham it appears coaches can get away with it.

QUOTE(Eastwood @ Mar 19 2007 - 10:41 AM) 826417442[/snapback]well it's like this ,the law has been brought into the matter, why tssaa will let a high school coach allow a friend to grab a player and keep him from leaving the dugot its called simple assault and maybe this will open the eyes of those who are in charge of these coaches that lose control when things doin't go EXACTLEY their way. who is doing the crying, i doin't think we are crying we are looking out for those who wish to play a little ball and not be put down for wanting to have fun, thats what we taught them growing up, having fun with the game and hanging out with their friends, never thought we would have to battle with with coaches that seems they didn't have any up-bringing in how to talk to KIDS. well since its all out in the open maybe we can have not just one new coach but two new ones. and a police officer at all the practices to make sure the next coaches want abuse the children or use language that doesn't fit in the school policy, but at cheatham it appears coaches can get away with it.

You're an idiot. All this coming from an old drunk. That's hilarious. The man in question didn't even touch your son and he was trying to talk your son out of being a loser like his old man. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Anyways I was at this game and I thought the coach did what he should have. This other person wasn't even taking part in the game. He never touched the field, and never spoke to the kids. He was there as a fan and tried to stop a child from making a huge mistake, which was incouraged by his lousy father. Oh well, that's life, and some people are idiots. However, there may be slander laws, and I don't know if the coaches looks at coacht or not, but you may want to be smart. I know that's hard for some. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

And like you said about playing ball and having fun and hanging out with friends. These kids that quit do plenty of hanging out when their parents are letting them drink and party. This is high school ball, still fun but serious. Not about hanging out with friends. That's the whole problem right there. ITS NOT SUMMER LEAGUE BALL!!!

QUOTE(Eastwood @ Mar 19 2007 - 09:41 AM) 826417442[/snapback]well it's like this ,the law has been brought into the matter, why tssaa will let a high school coach allow a friend to grab a player and keep him from leaving the dugot its called simple assault and maybe this will open the eyes of those who are in charge of these coaches that lose control when things doin't go EXACTLEY their way. who is doing the crying, i doin't think we are crying we are looking out for those who wish to play a little ball and not be put down for wanting to have fun, thats what we taught them growing up, having fun with the game and hanging out with their friends, never thought we would have to battle with with coaches that seems they didn't have any up-bringing in how to talk to KIDS. well since its all out in the open maybe we can have not just one new coach but two new ones. and a police officer at all the practices to make sure the next coaches want abuse the children or use language that doesn't fit in the school policy, but at cheatham it appears coaches can get away with it.

in that county you are guility until proven innocent if you are a coach. believe me i know!!!!!!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

QUOTE(Eastwood @ Mar 19 2007 - 10:41 AM) 826417442[/snapback]well it's like this ,the law has been brought into the matter, why tssaa will let a high school coach allow a friend to grab a player and keep him from leaving the dugot its called simple assault and maybe this will open the eyes of those who are in charge of these coaches that lose control when things doin't go EXACTLEY their way. who is doing the crying, i doin't think we are crying we are looking out for those who wish to play a little ball and not be put down for wanting to have fun, thats what we taught them growing up, having fun with the game and hanging out with their friends, never thought we would have to battle with with coaches that seems they didn't have any up-bringing in how to talk to KIDS. well since its all out in the open maybe we can have not just one new coach but two new ones. and a police officer at all the practices to make sure the next coaches want abuse the children or use language that doesn't fit in the school policy, but at cheatham it appears coaches can get away with it.

wow, can anyone tell if this is a parent or not??? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

i just wanna say this, in high school ball its not always bout fun anymore. its bout gettin better and trying to get to the next level. and the players that have fun gettin better and tryin to make it to the next level are the real players. they dont go cryin to mommy say "coach yelled at me mommy cause i didnt do what he said to do." maybe all of those kids should ask their moomy's to pay $50 for little league so they can do whatever they wanna do. all quiting does is make it easier to quit at something the next time. and the kids that had a chance to play at the next level just killed their chance. hope you make good grades!!! bottom line, baseball is a great game, but as the coaches say at creek wood, "baseball is a humbling game, respect the game and the game will respect you."

The kids that are left on the team are the ones who really want to be there. And what they need to understand is that if they give their all, the coaches are going to break their backs for them. They want guys who want to play. They are glad all the losers are off the field, that way they can concentrate on the guys they have and the guys that want to win. Why would anyone put up with players who back talked the coaches and never took anything serious. Now they have the players they want, they might not be the best ones out there, but they will take heart over talent mixed with a loser attitude. So to the parents who are on here, you all need to ge with the coaches so they can explain what they want from the kids and hopefully you all are not as stubborn as we all believe you are and will listen and stop doing all this whining and crying. Your making me wonder wgo is in high school, You or your kid?

QUOTE(lvnthedream @ Mar 19 2007 - 01:28 PM) 826417615[/snapback]The kids that are left on the team are the ones who really want to be there. And what they need to understand is that if they give their all, the coaches are going to break their backs for them. They want guys who want to play. They are glad all the losers are off the field, that way they can concentrate on the guys they have and the guys that want to win. Why would anyone put up with players who back talked the coaches and never took anything serious. Now they have the players they want, they might not be the best ones out there, but they will take heart over talent mixed with a loser attitude. So to the parents who are on here, you all need to ge with the coaches so they can explain what they want from the kids and hopefully you all are not as stubborn as we all believe you are and will listen and stop doing all this whining and crying. Your making me wonder wgo is in high school, You or your kid?

i dont think either one of them the kid or the parents are acting their age!!!

creek wood plays cheatam today at 7:00!!! jv at 4:30 at creek wood!!!

QUOTE(straightbill307 @ Mar 19 2007 - 02:20 PM) 826417677[/snapback]How about all the Cheatham players, parents, and fans grow some balls and quit talking behind a screen name on CoachT and go talk to the coaches. No one cares about your problems. Lets get back to baseball.

If you want to keep talking about your problem, make another topic. HECK ILL START A TOPIC FOR YOU, THIS IS GETTING OLD!

straightbill i dont think they need to do their talkin on coacht, i think they need to go on dr. phil or jerry springer or something!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />