District 7-AAA

rhs1234

QUOTE(icecold06 @ Apr 4 2007 - 06:47 AM) 826429546[/snapback]I have no dog in this fight but i have to get this off this off my chest, why is that baseball fans complain so much about other teams being bush league and classless, that's life everybody you play against is not going to be nice about beating you no body cares about your feelings, take your beating and move on

I normally just try to read these threads and take it for what it is worth, mostly anonymous people blowing off steam. However, I have to blow off some steam myself today. I don't think it exemplifies class or good "baseball" when the 3rd base coach looks toward the pitcher every time he has a runner on third and starts shouting, "watch the WILD PITCH", "good place for a PASSED BALL". I heard these statements 6 or 8 eight times from where I was standing near the 3rd base line. If he is trying to communicate to his 3rd base runner, why doesn't he just talk to him, instead of shouting loudly? There is no benefit for his hitter to hear these comments, since he wouldn't be running on a wild pitch or passed ball. To me, this is obviously an attempt to get in the head of the opponents pitcher, period. If this were the big leagues or if it was coming from a player to a player, that would be different. But, this is bush league for coaches, who along with the umpires are the only professionals on the field, to try to psych out a kid. In addition, I have seen this same coach, with a runner on 3rd, run across the coaches box shouting, "get in there" as a pitcher makes his delivery to home. Again, an example of trying to mess with the pitchers head and being bush league.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ Apr 3 2007 - 11:50 PM) 826429445[/snapback]Well - you go ahead and disagree.. And that affects me how?

USJ wish they could have squeezed a run or two in in the top of the 7th against Oakland Sunday at the Warrior Classic - don't they Oakland fans???

You mean BGA, right? But I agree with Limbaugh, unless its so obvious that you are the better team(anything under the run rule), no lead is safe and if you need a reference, like Limbaugh said, look at Oakland's game where they were down by 6 in the 7th and came back to win that game in extra innings.

BTW, fantastic game by Marcus Barnes last night, had 15 k's and good timely hitting for Oakland led them to another win, 6-1 over cookeville. 18-0!

All I have to got to say is that Riverdale has always been classless and apparently always going to be so. I was not at the game last night but I was last year and I even heard from an umpire that played like 6 years ago that Riverdale was like that back then, so I am going to have to disagree with Mr. Limbaugh's statement about Coach Power's class. If he is the epitome of class, then something is wrong with your perspective on class. And squeezing while up 8 or 9 to 2 is ridiculous.

For all you people that have been getting on here and complaining about last nights game get a life. Who cares yal lost now all you are doing is crying about Riverdale being classless and bush. if you are going to do something at all just go out and beat them they are on a 41 game win streak in the district I think that is the only reason people get on here is because teams in the district can not beat them. This is baseball people there is a little bush every team. But you don’t see Riverdale people calling other schools out about being bush. I feel better now.

QUOTE(blue06 @ Apr 4 2007 - 01:42 PM) 826429884[/snapback]All I have to got to say is that Riverdale has always been classless and apparently always going to be so. I was not at the game last night but I was last year and I even heard from an umpire that played like 6 years ago that Riverdale was like that back then, so I am going to have to disagree with Mr. Limbaugh's statement about Coach Power's class. If he is the epitome of class, then something is wrong with your perspective on class. And squeezing while up 8 or 9 to 2 is ridiculous.

Do people not relize why Riverdale does this? Because people like you guys you let it get in their head just start thinking about how much you hate them and you forget your playing a baseball game, and by the time you relized what just happened... you lost.

QUOTE(smiley01 @ Apr 3 2007 - 08:06 PM) 826429293[/snapback]Lebanon got beat tonight by a very classless and bush riverdale team. The team chants when the coach is taking a mound trip chanting at the coach which is a no no. There is nothing wrong with cheering on your teammates bbut it is very bush to chant at the other team especially the coach. And i'm a firm believer that your actions is a reflection of the coach and the coach is squeezing 8-2 with two strikes on the hitter then again with the score 9-2 which is bull crap. It all shows where there class, excuse me LACK OF CLASS, comes from and that is Coach Powers.

Lets see. About this.... The TEAM did not chant...a select few players yes. But not the TEAM. Every ball club has those select few players. If you dont believe me, go to a game other than just the Lebanon games and pay attention to the other teams you all play. And the 8-2 lead squeeze. Think back a week ago. I am POSITIVE Lebanon came back from a 6 run deficit in the last inning to win a game. If im not mistaking it was against Hendersonville. Am I right? If you would talk to Coach Powers they did not try to run up the score but simply take a bigger lead so that the 6 run last inning comeback does not happen again. And classless about that?.... Lebanon's coach chewed out Coach Powers for doing that....that shows a lot of class too. But I have talked to the Riverdale team, they had it last night with you all getting mad about that stuff and have it in their plan book to run up the score. 15-0 lead, can you say SQUEEZE. If you would just stop complaining about all of that stuff they might treat you like White Co. and put the JV out there. But you had to go and complain and make the team mad, so tonight ought to be fun. And as of Coach Powers having "LACK OF CLASS". Please, are you serious? Everytime one of those players does something classless they get chewed out or run after the game. You do not know what Coach Powers said when he went into the dugout....he got onto the few that were a little out of line. And i believe it was Lebanon's coach last year who did not even let his players shake Riverdale's hands. Hmm....that coach is FULL of class.

QUOTE(blue06 @ Apr 4 2007 - 12:42 PM) 826429884[/snapback]All I have to got to say is that Riverdale has always been classless and apparently always going to be so. I was not at the game last night but I was last year and I even heard from an umpire that played like 6 years ago that Riverdale was like that back then, so I am going to have to disagree with Mr. Limbaugh's statement about Coach Power's class. If he is the epitome of class, then something is wrong with your perspective on class. And squeezing while up 8 or 9 to 2 is ridiculous.

And once again because apparently more than one person thinks the 8-2 lead squeeze was ridiculous. Lebanon came back against Hendersonville last week with 6 runs in the last inning. Now, lets do some math....When Riverdale squeezed 8-2 they were up by (8) - (2) = 6 Now last week against Lebanon came back from a 6 run defecit

Squeeze 8-2=6

Run defecit = 6

Call me crazy but those two are the SAME

All Riverdale was trying to do was make sure that the comeback did not happen to them. If they wanted to run up the score then believe me, they COULD have.

Thank you 4-6-3 i could not have said it any better myself, so maybe devil dog, if your pitcher gives up a run the coach should give them a hug because that would make him feel better after the coach "psyching" him out on 3rd base, it is part of the game there is nothing you can do about it, wait you can come on here complain about you guys losing which you obviously have done, and maybe they wouldnt be so "bush" if the fans did not whine after every single call that is not perfect for them... he was out at second! you guys lost get over it and please dont come on here complaining about it. And now that you guys have come on here complaining don't you think that this will only provoke the riverdale players to jump on you guys even more? think about it. I sure hope there is no more whining on here by the blue devil fans after tonights game.

QUOTE(GoldGloveInLF @ Apr 4 2007 - 03:17 PM) 826429994[/snapback]And once again because apparently more than one person thinks the 8-2 lead squeeze was ridiculous. Lebanon came back against Hendersonville last week with 6 runs in the last inning. Now, lets do some math....When Riverdale squeezed 8-2 they were up by (8) - (2) = 6 Now last week against Lebanon came back from a 6 run defecit

Squeeze 8-2=6

Run defecit = 6

Call me crazy but those two are the SAME

All Riverdale was trying to do was make sure that the comeback did not happen to them. If they wanted to run up the score then believe me, they COULD have.

Your math was good and your thought process logical until the last sentence. No, your big boys did no damage late in the game. 6 K's in the last 4 innings. After the grand slam, a run on a passed ball, misplayed fly balls, and a bunt down the first base line to score one.

QUOTE(smiley01 @ Apr 3 2007 - 09:06 PM) 826429293[/snapback]Lebanon got beat tonight by a very classless and bush riverdale team. The team chants when the coach is taking a mound trip chanting at the coach which is a no no. There is nothing wrong with cheering on your teammates bbut it is very bush to chant at the other team especially the coach. And i'm a firm believer that your actions is a reflection of the coach and the coach is squeezing 8-2 with two strikes on the hitter then again with the score 9-2 which is bull crap. It all shows where there class, excuse me LACK OF CLASS, comes from and that is Coach Powers.

I am guessing Detroit may have wished they scored another run or two today:

Detroit 10, Toronto 9

That 7 run 8th cut that 8 run lead down to 1 in a hurry! /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />