Franklin @ Clarksville

Jim Harrick

QUOTE(Golfendude @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:22 PM) 826401499[/snapback]You right FranklinHSfan

TY next year you guys will be loaded right? Good season.

We should certainly make it out of district!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

We'll know more come next Christmas. (Hohoho)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, I love Clarksville's gym.

Secondly, Franklin just flat did not match up well with an athletic team such as Clarksville. Their outside shooting was dreadful yet again and they had way too many turnovers that led to numerous fast breaks.

I'm not a Franklin fan, but I'll say congratulations to Clarksville regardless. You guys really turned it around after getting blown out by my Eagles over the break. I think that Clarksville's got a decent shot at making a nice run in the tourney.

Franklin had a great season, certainly better than anyone expected. Still, it appeared that the Rebels peaked against Centennial and McGavock and simply couldn't get over the hump against WC or CHS.

Great seasons to both teams. I'll miss watching Derek Batt's intensity and heart...it's been a pleasure to watch him grow as a player over the past four years.

QUOTE(nwballer @ Mar 4 2007 - 06:29 PM) 826399738[/snapback]Clarksville dominates!

What did i say. I tell you now CHS is really ballin right now and i don't think anyone is going to stop them. They have not hit there stride yet. Peaking at just the right time. Congrats Wildcats . NW knows u be ballin. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(donathan5507 @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:37 PM) 826401527[/snapback]First off, I love Clarksville's gym.

Secondly, Franklin just flat did not match up well with an athletic team such as Clarksville. Their outside shooting was dreadful yet again and they had way too many turnovers that led to numerous fast breaks.

I'm not a Franklin fan, but I'll say congratulations to Clarksville regardless. You guys really turned it around after getting blown out by my Eagles over the break. I think that Clarksville's got a decent shot at making a nice run in the tourney.

Franklin had a great season, certainly better than anyone expected. Still, it appeared that the Rebels peaked against Centennial and McGavock and simply couldn't get over the hump against WC or CHS.

Great seasons to both teams. I'll miss watching Derek Batt's intensity and heart...it's been a pleasure to watch him grow as a player over the past four years.

I think everyone should schedule AA Montgomery Central if you want to see a cool looking HS gym or school (Plus, heck, your team will probably win the game to boot!). CHS was built in 1967 but has seen some pretty drastic modifications including a large addition which completely thumbed its nose to the existing structure architecturally.

44 points? Turnovers leading to easy baskets? Sounds like the Cats were playing some defense. Defense wins championships. My confidence in a Cats victory was strengthened when not one single Franklin poster mentioned anything with respect to a good inside game. All we heard was Franklin shooting the three ball. A good defensive team can usually stop a team which is one dimensional especially if their primary weapon is the lowest percentage shot in basketball. The outside shooting is not always going to be there which is why teams need to have a good inside game. The Wildcats can certainly shoot the three ball but they can go inside too. If a team can man-up on an opponent's post players then there is no need for weak side help or doubles down low and every shooter can be accounted on the outside. Then again, I neither saw the game or heard it on radio so the Cats might have used a zone for all I know.

Great season for Franklin and one for which they should be very proud.

QUOTE(DunkerDon @ Mar 5 2007 - 11:46 PM) 826401652[/snapback]I think everyone should schedule AA Montgomery Central if you want to see a cool looking HS gym or school (Plus, heck, your team will probably win the game to boot!). CHS was built in 1967 but has seen some pretty drastic modifications including a large addition which completely thumbed its nose to the existing structure architecturally.

44 points? Turnovers leading to easy baskets? Sounds like the Cats were playing some defense. Defense wins championships. My confidence in a Cats victory was strengthened when not one single Franklin poster mentioned anything with respect to a good inside game. All we heard was Franklin shooting the three ball. A good defensive team can usually stop a team which is one dimensional especially if their primary weapon is the lowest percentage shot in basketball. The outside shooting is not always going to be there which is why teams need to have a good inside game. The Wildcats can certainly shoot the three ball but they can go inside too. If a team can man-up on an opponent's post players then there is no need for weak side help or doubles down low and every shooter can be accounted on the outside. Then again, I neither saw the game or heard it on radio so the Cats might have used a zone for all I know.

Great season for Franklin and one for which they should be very proud.

96-97 season was the last time Clarksville advance to state. They got beat by a Vincent Yarbrough led Cleveland team in the first round. Clarksville was led by Minnesota T'Wolves guard Trenton Hassell. But Clarksville has advance to two substates since then including last year when they ran into a very potent Hunters Lane team. I've posted several times on this thread and tried to stay modest or confident but this was just Clarksville's turn. They have good athletes, shooters, a solid post, and a decent bench. Obviously the defense is what seperates them because they're going out every night and shuting other teams down. By the way they're playing Man to man. I think Franklin will be back in another two years because they're sophmores are really tough. But they have so much tradition you never expect a team like that to rebuild only reload...Great coaching but sometimes you have to bite the bullet and I think this was one of those times. I enjoyed watching Derek Batt play this season.

QUOTE(iluvbball @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:41 AM) 826402146[/snapback]congrats on your win!!!

Wheres cobrafan?? Hes picked againist the cats the last three times they've faced elimination. Not sure why he would picked againist CLARKSVILLE considering they gave Hunters Lane all they wanted a year ago in the substate game with sophs and Jrs

QUOTE(TnBball @ Mar 6 2007 - 01:38 PM) 826402331[/snapback]Wheres cobrafan?? Hes picked againist the cats the last three times they've faced elimination. Not sure why he would picked againist CLARKSVILLE considering they gave Hunters Lane all they wanted a year ago in the substate game with sophs and Jrs

Clarksville by 15 over Ridgeway!

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />