Coalfield

jkk#22

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(little_reggie5 @ Apr 18 2007 - 11:42 AM) 826440355[/snapback]well i think they would have, wait i know they would have. let coalfield try playin alcoa, sweetwater and those teams. thats right yall couldnt win. and young talent builds the program

I think coalfield could run with the teams that wartburg plays it wouldnt be a man slaughter but i say coalfield could beat more than wartburg has

I’m a Coalfield Fan and wish them GREAT SUCESS, but if Coalfield was in Wartburg’s Region they would NOT go to the play offs year in and year out... Loudon, Alcoa would beat them every year, And Sweetwater, Oliver Springs, CAK, & Rockwood would beat them More Than not. But Coalfield has a very talented team and they will have a successful 2007 season in 1a. If they don’t reach the 2nd round of the playoffs I think it will be a disappointment. Wartburg is at the bottom of the pot they don’t have anywhere to go but UP. Good luck to Both Teams.

FearBong is CORRECT on the point he said about the fast ends will disrupt a LARGE TALENTED line any day.

If the fact that each 1 of those schools has 2x more students then Coalfield, that means you make 2x of every athlete on the past Coalfield teams. Then 8 out of the 11 players don't play both ways only about 3-5 do. Aloca would still win 4 out of 5 I would say, but Loudon maybe 3 out of 5, MAYBE Coalfields favor also. The others, kiss them good bye with 2x what Coalfield has, let alone Coalfield could easily complete with the rest every year. Alcoa could win 1,2,3,4,5a almost every year also, they barely got beat by Maryville, Fulton and we all know Maryville could win 5a. Alcoa has more d-1 recruits then any other school I know of anyways, haha and there 2A.

Don’t forget Alcoa could almost be 1A /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> .... But I disagree on the subject that coalfield would beat Loudon, O.S., Rockwood, Sweetwater, CAK regular. There is a huge difference in 1a and Region 2 2aa. Wartburg’s region usually has a team reach state or semifinals EVERY year. Region 2aa is the toughest region in AA hands down.

Coalfield WOULD not compete in region 2 AA like they do in Single a. There is way to much BIG talent in Region 2aa. Alcoa has kids going D1 every year, the same goes with all the other teams in Region 2 AA. Coalfield would be in Wartburg’s situation if they were in a league like that. Hampton was in 2aa and usually won first place in the region 1 when they was in double aa, and region 2’s fourth place team would destroy them.

I said you *if* you give Coalfield 2x the athletes which would put them still under 400 kids, in whole school. They could compete easily in that region. Alcoa is just another level, top 5 best coach in the state and more kids going D1 then any other high school I know of. Loudon is really good also and would beat Coalfield more times then not, but the other schools Coalfield would easily complete against year in and year out. The past 3 years Coalfield would have made play-offs no doubt. That region normally had a team in the state championship anyways, by far the hardest region in 2A, and a few years ago, Coalfield's region over all was maybe the hardest in 1A with 5 teams that could beat each other on any night. The 4th team went and beat the #1 team in the state while the 4th team cheated the beat the 5th team with .8 seconds on the clock.

Coalfield has a fine program but to say they would be in the playoffs in wartburgs district is offbase some things to look at Midway is one of the top teams in that district and they can't beat Rockwood and they have been 4th to 6th the last couple years in their district and there's OS and what they have done two Coalfield and were they have finished in the district again Coalfield has a very good program but we are comparing apples and oranges

The comparison is *if* Coalfield were the same size school as Wartburg, not as it is now. We are talking a difference of 200 + students. If you add 200 students to Coalfield with the same amount of good football players percentage wise as they have had over the years they *might* be able to contend with the teams you mention, the monster in the bunch, Alcoa would still be the top dog. But with the addition of 200 students, and the calibre of athletes Coalfield has had growing proportionally, they would fair better than Wartburg appears to have faired. But we wouldn't know as Coalfield School is near capacity at this time on space and teachers. For some reason I don't see that school being allowed to grow w/o space and there would be major opposition to adding on to the school right now even if justified by numbers and growth.

When Oliver Springs, Wartburg plays Coalfield no matter who should win, all bets are off. Those teams play their best game against Coalfield. I would assume same for Midway-Rockwood. Its more of a tradition thing for these teams. So thats why the scores are closer in most games then they should be. Just like CYJACKET said, the key word was "if" Coalfield had the same amount of students to pick from. Coalfield already has nearly 40-50 plays out each year with 100~ guys in the whole high school. Might look like Riverdale out there with nearly 100 kids.

QUOTE(fearbong @ Apr 26 2007 - 04:59 PM) 826446122[/snapback]Might look like Riverdale out there with nearly 100 kids.

Nah, Coalfield uniforms would look better than those guys. Seen them in action when they "had" to play at MTSU.

Boy Davidlimbaugh is gonna mash me for that one. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I've shown a few guys some of my tape from high school and I always get great feed back on our uniforms. Their like you got 3 of everything? I said yes, except helmets and we change those about every 3-5 years. More people then not said "man I would love to play in a small town that is about nothing but football." I never really got any #s but what was our normal fan attendence when I played? My Junior and Senior year we had more then what showed up last year to most games. I'd love to know what Boyd was, I heard around 4,000~. For a 190~kid high school, thats about insane.