Maryville AAA State Champions!

Rebel96

QUOTE(etcoach @ Mar 19 2007 - 07:06 AM) 826417236[/snapback]Thanks to the Maryville Rebels for making my Spring Break a tiring one, but one of the most memorable ever. To get to call a Double Overtime buzzer beater to win the State Championship. Wow. Good job by the whole team....a team that played in spurts during the regular season, and, quite honestly, played defense half heartedly at times. When the money was on the line in the tourneys, however, the Rebels made the clutch plays. Congrats from WB!!

ET....now that I know who you are let me say that you look much better in the red and black. A conversion seems to be taking place and possibly you are taking up house with the good guys in the future. We tried to convert the Govman but he is just too brainwashed and will remain on the dark side.

Nice job on the broadcast and thanks from a Rebel fan. My mother listened to you Saturday night and she was very complementary. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She probably didn't understand what I said when Click hit the shot. It was just a bunch of screaming and yelling. By the way, govman, Harold did play 25 years ago for the state championship. they lost 63-61 and Harold had 36 points. As far as conversions are concerned, I would not go that far, but I do like the free shirts Coach E gave me. He still owes me a couple as well!!

QUOTE(etcoach @ Mar 19 2007 - 09:05 AM) 826417342[/snapback]She probably didn't understand what I said when Click hit the shot. It was just a bunch of screaming and yelling. By the way, govman, Harold did play 25 years ago for the state championship. they lost 63-61 and Harold had 36 points. As far as conversions are concerned, I would not go that far, but I do like the free shirts Coach E gave me. He still owes me a couple as well!!

ET,

If "E" has anymore of those free shirts, get me a couple. It's getting spring and I like to wash my car alot and I bet they would make great chamois'! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> (That one's for you ML).

Hey, you ought to be ashamed ET, just leaving WillieBGov out in the cold like that. The poor young man slept on the floor in one of our hotel rooms Friday night. Guy keeps stats for you all year and then when you hit the "big stage" you relegate him to the bleachers ... where he continuously blocked my view of the court for two days.

ET,

If "E" has anymore of those free shirts, get me a couple. It's getting spring and I like to wash my car alot and I bet they would make great chamois'! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> (That one's for you ML).

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Nice one Govman..... now you have me thinking.

From a Maryville fan thanks for supporting the Rebs through the tournaments. I promise I would do the same for the Govs if the Rebels were not there. Is there a chance that will be any time soon?

QUOTE(Kevin38 @ Mar 18 2007 - 06:22 PM) 826416661[/snapback]He is a solphmore bro; yeah w/ that kind of pressure in a state title game yeah in my opinion there was a little luck in that shot. Now maybe referring to it as a "throw up" is incorrect but yeah w/ that little of time and people jumping at you yeah there was a little luck there. I honestly didnt feel I was stepping too far over the line one way or the other; some people just take these boards way too seriously. Also deeming me as a Clarksville supporter is dead wrong; I am Springfield guy myself which puts Clarksville down on my support list.

He is a Sophmore that started the first several games of the season until Maples got finished with football so he has seen plenty of action. I thought he did a pretty good job of taking a dribble to get seperation and then shot his regular shot. The time on the clock was likely his ally as he did not have time to even think about it but just reacted. He has made those shots before though.

Don't blame me. Blame TSSAA. At least he didn't have to ride back and forth every day and get home at 1 and 2 in the morning. By the way, for all of you Maryville fans who got to listen, the broadcasters from the dark side did all of that traveling, wore the shirt of the enemy, and homered it the best we could for NO PAY!!!! The games, of course, were more than any money could buy, though. Please thank David Talley, Vicki Everbach, Huddle House, and Blount Discount for sponsoring all of the post-season. As well as Airport Honda for lending us a van to drive back and forth.

QUOTE(williebgovs04 @ Mar 19 2007 - 01:12 PM) 826417604[/snapback]If they didnt take care of business then how do they deserve it then. Gotta have more than 1 player to compete in the post season. Maryville's worst players would start in upper east tennessee.

Science Hill has been getting it done with team effort and coaching for awhile now. TN High came to Clinton a few seasons back and knocked off the favored Dragons. The largest upper ET school has continued to disappoint, though.