Best Lineman of 07

RBplayer2010

Anyone have an opinion on Cameron Hunt from David Lipscomb? How good is he? Will he be able to play at the next level or not? He's 6'3" and over 290 lbs, so he's a good sized kid.

sportsnutdad.

Saw some tape. #77. Nice frame, pretty good upper body strength, and does a nice job of locking on. IMO, needs to bring his hips with him better on contact, so that he can keep his feet going, and drive the defender into the ground. Seems aggressive, and does seem to have pretty good feet. Must have put on weight to be @ 290. Anyway, seemed like he did carry his weight well. Did he get to any camps, who has interest, and or has anybody offered. Thanks.

ruse?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REBELRON;

I saw on another thread where you said that Eglehardt was up to 250 or so. I really liked the looks of him at the UT camp earleir this summer. With the evolution of the 3-4, and it finding it's way into more and more college programs, Marcus might make a nice NT in a couple of yrs. He is after all an 09 kid right?

ruse?

Englehardt is a 2009 kid.

huntingdon has a right tackle that could very well surprise alot of people. flying under the radar but when the season starts i think he will get alot of attention. his name is ethan, cant remember last name

htown5

I believe your are thinking of Ethan Parham. 6-5, 285lbs. RT, but I think he might turn out to be a better DT prospect. Good frame, strong. Has shorter legs for a 6-5 kid which allows for good leverage, and staying low. Long arms. Seems to move very well. Better straight ahead than side to side. I really think that he will be a nice DT prospect in a 3-4 scheme where his ability to get up field quickly will be attractive. Seems to have a great motor, and wants it bad. I doubt he will be overlooked by the end of this yr.

ruse?

Josh Bain at McCallie (6'1" 240 lbs.) was Super 7 All-State offensive lineman last year and has started on the d-line since his sophomore year. He went to one camp (UTC) just to prepare for his senior year and the d-line coach was very impressed. Probably wont play at the next level because he wants to prepare for med-school.

sportsnutdad.

Saw some tape. #77. Nice frame, pretty good upper body strength, and does a nice job of locking on. IMO, needs to bring his hips with him better on contact, so that he can keep his feet going, and drive the defender into the ground. Seems aggressive, and does seem to have pretty good feet. Must have put on weight to be @ 290. Anyway, seemed like he did carry his weight well. Did he get to any camps, who has interest, and or has anybody offered. Thanks.

ruse?

ruse?,

Not sure on camps, offers, etc... My son is a sophomore playing on DL and OL and he worked out this summer with Cameron. He said in the spring Cameron was 300 lbs, but Cameron said he had dropped a bit. That's why I said 290. If your tape is from last year he was listed at 275 then.

I never hear anything on Lipscomb's better lineman being looked at. Just curious if they don't get notice because they're not good enough for the next level or due to the fact they don't show up at the right camps.

How do players typically get invited to camps like the Nike camp? Does someone notice them and approach their coach? Does their coach initiate the process?

sportsnutdad

ruse?,

Not sure on camps, offers, etc... My son is a sophomore playing on DL and OL and he worked out this summer with Cameron. He said in the spring Cameron was 300 lbs, but Cameron said he had dropped a bit. That's why I said 290. If your tape is from last year he was listed at 275 then.

I never hear anything on Lipscomb's better lineman being looked at. Just curious if they don't get notice because they're not good enough for the next level or due to the fact they don't show up at the right camps.

How do players typically get invited to camps like the Nike camp? Does someone notice them and approach their coach? Does their coach initiate the process?

sportsnutdad

sportsnutdad.

Yes the stuff I saw on DL/Hunt was from last season. As far as why Lipscomb's better linemen don't attract more attention; I am honestly not close enough to the program to know. I can share with you my observations, and that unfortunately is it. As a group, they are very well coached. They come off the ball collectively, hands in, nice punch, and at the same time, which is easier said than done. The Fulton folks that I spoke with said that they were very much like Catholic in that regard. As big, a bit stronger, but that Catholic lineman were quicker.

I don't know where DL's linemen have gone on and played in the past, but colleges like to come back to the well. If a school produces college level talent, it is usually not a one and done type of deal. Typically OL/DL practice with/against each other and one or two can make the whole better when the physical gifts are in place.

As far as your Nike camp question and your Sophomore son. The recruiting time-frame has been pushed back, for better or worse. If he has a an opportunbity to get on the field this yr., make highlight tape (no more that 6-8 plays). Thats all that is needed. If a school wants more, they won't want more highlights, but game tape. Send it out to the schools that your son is interested in, and be REALISTIC. Put his, not your contact info on the DVD, ie cell #, email, home, and ht,wt, school, bold class of 2010, and GPA. Do this after the season, and do not expect to hear anything until late spring/early summer of the next yr. Target those same schools for Summer Camp; certainly the ones you do hear back from. You can go to student sports dot com and they have all the Nike camp info. Do one camp and one combine. Combine to get the #'s verified, and camp to get him some one on one exposure and technique development. Jr. yr. repeat the recepie, obviously with greater emphasis on thse schools that have interest. Sr. yr., get game tape out after 1st three games, don't panic. Lots of programs shoot for the "stars", don't get them, and circle back to players that are on their board. Don't oversell. Your kid will know when someone wants him before you do. Hope that helps.

ruse?

Rogers BIG DADDY Gaines white house 6 ft 7 320. He would like to meet up with Douglas on the football field, and also the bball court.

IMO, BIG DADDY better check with former 4* DE Rae Sykes @ Alcoa who got worn out by Douglas. BIG DADDY could also check with the Hillsboro DL from last yr., who were pretty much in the same boat w/Sykes. On the hardwood, Douglas would have BIG DADDY on the bench in foul trouble inside of half way through the 1st quarter. One of, if not the most fundamentally sound post players in the state last yr.

IMO, BIG DADDY better check with former 4* DE Rae Sykes @ Alcoa who got worn out by Douglas. BIG DADDY could also check with the Hillsboro DL from last yr., who were pretty much in the same boat w/Sykes. On the hardwood, Douglas would have BIG DADDY on the bench in foul trouble inside of half way through the 1st quarter. One of, if not the most fundamentally sound post players in the state last yr.

[/qu

Ask Mr. Phillip Jurrick who signed with UT in basketball not long ago about BIG DADDY. Gaines wore him out in the sectional game. I watched Douglas in the state tourney , and he played well, but he's doesnt have Gaines ability in bball. Gaines could play D1 in football or bball . But Douglas is a beast in his own right, but his future is definetly football. Jordan Damron carried them in the state tourney.