Macon County Tigers

singray

okay well chris bohannan is our startin Qb with kyle grace switch in an out with him marcus thompson is our Rb max manion is our K crabtree is guin be a superstar we have so many former head coaches on our staff we good to go we are guin finsh at least 6-4 this year #41!

Hartsville WIN

Westmorland WIN

Pearl Cohn LOSE

Hixson WIN

White House LOSE

Smith Co. WIN

Station Camp WIN

Sycamore WIN

Greenbrier LOSE

DeKalb WIN

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

Hartsville WIN

Westmorland WIN

Pearl Cohn LOSE

Hixson WIN

White House LOSE

Smith Co. WIN

Station Camp WIN

Sycamore WIN

Greenbrier LOSE

DeKalb WIN

Hartsville-Westmoreland-Smith Co.- Station Camp-and Dekalb???/??? maybe 1 at the most 2 but I don't see winning all 5 of those.....Nothing wrong with setting high goals....

Hartsville-Westmoreland-Smith Co.- Station Camp-and Dekalb???/??? maybe 1 at the most 2 but I don't see winning all 5 of those.....Nothing wrong with setting high goals....

A good rule of thumb. Never pencil Hartsville in as a win. Confidence is definitely there. I'm sure you feel the Westmoreland game will be no problem for you.

I feel that DeKalb Co. will pull the "upset" and beat Macon Co. this year. The Tigers will go 0-10 IF that does indeed happen.

Trousdale Co. (L): The Yellow Jackets are going to be out for revenge on everyone that beat them last year. If you were going to get Coach Satterfield's bunch then last year was the year to do it so teams like Macon Co. & Watertown better look out in the early going this season.

Westmoreland (L): The coaches have picked this bunch to win Region 4-2A which includes a team like Smith Co. Westmoreland has got to love the new 2A playoff format because if they do win the region as predicted they could make a long run in the postseason without seeing ther region rival (SC) or the team that they would have seen in the semifinals in the "old format" (Alcoa).

Pearl Cohn (L): The Firebirds were one game away from the Blue Cross Bowl this past year and they do return several key pieces from that group. They beat Macon Co. 42-2 last season and with what all Macon lost from last year's bunch it could be worse this time around.

Hixson (L): The Wildcats are a good 4A bunch that just missed the playoffs last year due to a late season collapse following what was a 6-1 start. Hixson returns some good players from that team, one which beat Notre Dame, and should be a playoff team this time around.

White House (L): The Blue Devils were a young football team last year with what is going to be a good group of juniors this season. Macon Co. will be circled on the calender as they beat White House last year and nearly cost the Blue Devils a shot at the postseason. This preseason the coaches in Region 4-3A have picked the Blue Devils of White House to win the region and make a deep run in the playoffs.

Smith Co. (L): The Owls were just one game away from the Class 2A Blue Cross Bowl last year and they looked good when I saw them over the summer at APSU. Smith Co., like Westmoreland, will be thrilled with the new Class 2A playoff system. Last year there is no question that SC was as good as either Goodpasture, CPA, or Milan so if Alcoa didn't have such a loaded squad the Owls could have easily won it all. I know that is what is called "AN EXCUSE" but I also know that Macon Co. is not Alcoa.

Station Camp (L): The Bison had a great year last year that ended kind of bitter to their fans but the new year is here and there will be some faces from last year's bunchy returning. Station Camp is easily a Top 10 caliber team in 3A and could be a force once again this year. Remember also that the first two years of the CURRENT REGION 4-3A in the preseason it has been the team that the coaches predicted to finish 3rd in the region that has gone on to win the region title (Greenbrier in '05 & Pearl Cohn in '06). Where were the Bison predicted in the region by the coaches this preseason???? 3RD.

Sycamore (L): The game between these two has decided who goes to the playoffs and who stays home over the last two years. Sycamore won last year's game in Lafeyette. This year the War Eagles return several key players from that team while Macon Co. does not return as many. I have got to take the odds and go with the War Eagles at home.

Greenbrier (L): The Bobcats had a bad year last year but hey THEY WERE DUE ONE!!! Greenbrier never misses the playoffs and this year they will be in the hunt to get back into the postseason. The Bobcats were 10 points in their losses to Sycamore, Macon Co., & White House from finishing #3 in Region 4-3A instead of #6. With many stars from that team returning this year I like the Bobcats odds.

DeKalb Co. (L): The Tigers are improving all the time under their staff and have a good shot to go 4-6 or 5-5 this season with all of their plays returning. In fact if DeKalb improves as much from '06-'07 as they did from '05-'06 they will go 5-5. I like them to beat Watertown, Cannon Co., Upperman, & Macon Co. Warren Co. in the opener may tell how good DeKalb can be this season. This rivalry will be in Smithville this season, Senior Night nonetheless, and DeKalb will have a good ending to an excellent season in this one. UPSET Special!!!

THERE IS NO MACON COUNTY FAN THAT CAN CONSIDER ANY OF MY PICKS, THE LAST ONE BEING THE LONE EXCEPTION, AS BEING BIASED, AGAINST THEM, OR JUST PLAIN MEAN!!! Young is gone. Clemons is gone. Hire is gone. Woodard is gone. Greenhalgh is gone. Kirby is gone. REBUILDING IS IN STORE!!!!

No sarcasm, I like your posts. So I agree with everything you said.

So if your picks go down the drain, I'm right behind ya. haha

Those are some BOLD PREDICTIONS to many but that schedule is downright BRUTAL!!!!

At the absolute very best Macon Co. will go 2-8. They will go 1-9 if their lone win is over DeKalb Co. I have them at 0-10.