Farragut Football

the AC scrimmage was a little sloppy (but that could be due to the weather and the rain delay) but i dont think that the team looked bad or unimpressive like some said. they ran the ball well and if the young receivers can grow up and make plays they have some real good talent. the MoWest scrimmage was pretty good i thought. fhs scored on about every drive except maybe 2 or 3. they mixed the run and the pass effectively and the defense was strong until they came back for the final series after the 2nd and 3rd string was in for about 6 straight series. the biggest positive was that in any of the three scrimmages (clinton, AC, MoWest) is that NO ONE could tackle andre. the line may be smaller this year but they use that to their advantage by using multiple receivers and spreading the field. i think they got a good chance to play for the region championship again this year.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Jun 5 2007 - 04:16 PM) 826471687[/snapback]It is just that ever since I have been into to high school football I have never thought of West as a good team. I have always thought they were over rated. I am not saying they are bad. I just don't think the Farragut players will care as much about the West game as they will the Central one. Also about them finihsing 2nd. I am not sure. They did beat Powell and Central who both beat Farragut, but didn't Central have some key injuries throughout the season. I was at Farragut for 4 years. I basically know how most of the players on all the teams think when it comes to who they are playing and if they are good or not. I doubt it will change any. I don't think people at Farragut think West is good at really any sport other than maybe soccer. We will see I guess come fall.

I am trying to think of what sport that Farragut has dominated in the last several years. I know they won the Baseball and Soccer championships several years ago, but fill me in on what they have won the last two years. If I'm not mistaken West was one of the better Track teams in the South this year last. I do know one thing that Farragut is much better than West in and this is taking the ACT Test.

Thinking that west is a pushover is a big mistake my friend..I kno that west in the past hasnt been a above par team..but looking over the past 2 years I think you may wanna look into your stats....Farragut is a great team ..always has had a good squad..but believe me when i say there are few teams in 4 or 5A in Knox or surrounding counties that can compete with west on speed. For the past 2 years we have been in the top 10 teams in the state in 4A in total yardage on offense...as for defense last year outside of Marvul NO team had more than 200 yeards of total offense or scored more than 28 points...Including the two playoff gamesagainst Clevland and Red Bank.....Not bashing Or smack talkin im just saying dont think that west are a bunch of slacking athletes....who dont kno how to play football..but all questions will be answered Aug. 24 @ 7:31 P.M.

...And as for that ACT comment ..um is farragut in the top 12,000 schools in the nation??? this is a survey based on Math,Science,English,AND ACT test score combine......cough gough just a thought..if u dont believe me look it up...!!

As Always

Go WEST!!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Well Farragut is in the top 100 schools in the nation academically. Just throwing that out there. But I agree West does have some great athletes, their track team was incredible last year. THey just need Jake Ryan to step up and tear up the field this year. I know Sterling will for FArragut so this should be a great game.

PinballWizzard.

I saw West up @ Gatlinburg and Farragut scrimmage AC. Niether field had SAT Proctors. Just Refs. The biggest difference between the Farragut and West, was that West has more team speed. Don't get me wrong, niether looked sharp; however that is usually the case with the spring. The 2nd difference was that West just seemed like a closer team. Much more supportive of collective effort. Farragut has had good to great backs for what seems like years (fast quick guys like Sterling to big bruising guys like Saunders who signed with Michigan in 01 I think), but rarely do they get past the 2nd round. They have had OL like Clabo who started with Atlanta last yr, and Hoag who signed with ACC Champions Wake, LBs like the Reviez brothers. There are 2200 or so kids at that school, but like Leonard said rarely do they dominate. Why is that?

ruse?

QUOTE(LEONARDSLOSERS @ Jun 7 2007 - 02:27 PM) 826472563[/snapback]I am trying to think of what sport that Farragut has dominated in the last several years. I know they won the Baseball and Soccer championships several years ago, but fill me in on what they have won the last two years. If I'm not mistaken West was one of the better Track teams in the South this year last. I do know one thing that Farragut is much better than West in and this is taking the ACT Test.

Farragut won state in baseball last year, won state in soccer this year, did really well in basketball this year, but faced a good Powell team who was on fire in the region. I believe Farragut held West scoreless in basketball one game in the first qtr.(HAHAHA that was a funny game), but 28-6 ain't a bad year it just stinks they lsot in region, won state in girls golf 2 of the last 3 years, made the semis in state last year in soccer. Basically the last 5 years have been dominance in the 2 of the "major" spring sports..a.k.a. soccer and baseball, each sport has won 3 state championships since 2003 and soccer was ranked in the top 3 in the nation 2 years including a #1 ranking in one poll, baseball was ranked in the top 3 in the nation 2 years as well. For what it is worth I believe Farragut won state in rugby this year in whatever classification they are in.. I know it isn't the best teams, but hey.. it is still a state championship. In '04 girls soccer got 2nd place in the state, in '05 girls golf got 2nd.

I looked on the tssaa website.. Farragut has more state championships since 2003 than West has period.. atleast according them.. I am sure they missed out on some of the older stuff though, but maybe not.

Is there anymore info you want?

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Jun 13 2007 - 03:00 AM) 826474506[/snapback]Farragut won state in baseball last year, won state in soccer this year, did really well in basketball this year, but faced a good Powell team who was on fire in the region. I believe Farragut held West scoreless in basketball one game in the first qtr.(HAHAHA that was a funny game), but 28-6 ain't a bad year it just stinks they lsot in region, won state in girls golf 2 of the last 3 years, made the semis in state last year in soccer. Basically the last 5 years have been dominance in the 2 of the "major" spring sports..a.k.a. soccer and baseball, each sport has won 3 state championships since 2003 and soccer was ranked in the top 3 in the nation 2 years including a #1 ranking in one poll, baseball was ranked in the top 3 in the nation 2 years as well. For what it is worth I believe Farragut won state in rugby this year in whatever classification they are in.. I know it isn't the best teams, but hey.. it is still a state championship. In '04 girls soccer got 2nd place in the state, in '05 girls golf got 2nd.

I looked on the tssaa website.. Farragut has more state championships since 2003 than West has period.. atleast according them.. I am sure they missed out on some of the older stuff though, but maybe not.

Is there anymore info you want?

hey Nick well said...and im drew