Farragut Football

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Jun 13 2007 - 01:00 AM) 826474506[/snapback]Farragut won state in baseball last year, won state in soccer this year, did really well in basketball this year, but faced a good Powell team who was on fire in the region. I believe Farragut held West scoreless in basketball one game in the first qtr.(HAHAHA that was a funny game), but 28-6 ain't a bad year it just stinks they lsot in region, won state in girls golf 2 of the last 3 years, made the semis in state last year in soccer. Basically the last 5 years have been dominance in the 2 of the "major" spring sports..a.k.a. soccer and baseball, each sport has won 3 state championships since 2003 and soccer was ranked in the top 3 in the nation 2 years including a #1 ranking in one poll, baseball was ranked in the top 3 in the nation 2 years as well. For what it is worth I believe Farragut won state in rugby this year in whatever classification they are in.. I know it isn't the best teams, but hey.. it is still a state championship. In '04 girls soccer got 2nd place in the state, in '05 girls golf got 2nd.

I looked on the tssaa website.. Farragut has more state championships since 2003 than West has period.. atleast according them.. I am sure they missed out on some of the older stuff though, but maybe not.

Is there anymore info you want?

ihavnofriendzz.

I have seen a lot of Farragut football over the years, and for many of those years have questioned Farragut's inability to be the equivelent of a "Riverdale" in the east Tennesse area. Farragut has the students (2136), booster clubs, facilities, tax base, feeder programs, academics, and coaching staff to be at that level. Now I know......No concerted desire to be that good, but rather to deflect, and rationalize away by focusing on the success of a scoreless quarter of basketball, a #1 rugby team, and "major" spring sports. Nothing wrong with being good, and even great at those sports. But those sports ain't football. Unless and, until losing in football becomes as unacceptable as losing in soccer or baseball Farragut football will, IMO continue to underachieve.

ruse?

if you're comparing farragut to riverdale i'll tell that riverdale has had 10 times better athletes and more athletes in their run the last 15 years than farragut has ever had. farragut may have high enrollment but they're not all D-1 material walking in the hallways. the '04 riverdale team may be the best team this state has EVER seen.

QUOTE(ruse? @ Jun 13 2007 - 04:38 PM) 826474678[/snapback]ihavnofriendzz.

I have seen a lot of Farragut football over the years, and for many of those years have questioned Farragut's inability to be the equivelent of a "Riverdale" in the east Tennesse area. Farragut has the students (2136), booster clubs, facilities, tax base, feeder programs, academics, and coaching staff to be at that level. Now I know......No concerted desire to be that good, but rather to deflect, and rationalize away by focusing on the success of a scoreless quarter of basketball, a #1 rugby team, and "major" spring sports. Nothing wrong with being good, and even great at those sports. But those sports ain't football. Unless and, until losing in football becomes as unacceptable as losing in soccer or baseball Farragut football will, IMO continue to underachieve.

ruse?

I was telling someone what we have been good at the last few years. He asked, so I told him.

Most people don't move to Farragut to play football. I can gaurantee that people go to Riverdale specifically to play football..or atleast they used to, maybe since they haven't won in a few years they aren't now. People who are good at football usually want to play on a good team. They would get recognized more if they were on a good team and won state, rather than a team who went 5-5, unless they are just unbelievable.. Yes Farragut has had some good players, but it is rare to see them here. It is like with Maryville and Alcoa. One you get a few good players and you can prove that you dominate, then the kids who realzie they had potential to go farther than high school will go to those schools. You can deny it all you want, but you know it happens. Teams like those just reload every year, because they are known for football. Parents are the same. If they KNOW(not thinkall parents think their kids are good) that their kid is good they will want him to go to a school known for football and winning.

QUOTE(rebel9db @ Jun 9 2007 - 08:48 PM) 826473372[/snapback]I know Farragut isnt that much of a pass oriented team but West basicallly manhandled them in passing league games today. The Farragut dbs were getting smoked almost every play. Just tossing that in.

http://farragutfootball.com/varsity.htm Maybe things are changing?

Edit: What is this I hear about the KOC Jamboree being held at Farragut and Central this year?

I am trying to think of what sport that Farragut has dominated in the last several years. I know they won the Baseball and Soccer championships several years ago, but fill me in on what they have won the last two years. If I'm not mistaken West was one of the better Track teams in the South this year last. I do know one thing that Farragut is much better than West in and this is taking the ACT Test.

How many years you going back? 1,2,3,4?

Farragut is one of the top schools in the last 6 years in all sports!

TSSAA Combined Championships and Runner-up for AllSports since 2000:

Farragut- 13 (Soccer, Baseball, Track, CC, Golf, and Tennis.)

Knox West-2 (Girl Tennis & Track)

I don't think this includes the individual, CC, Track, Wrestling etc in other sports that Farragut kids have won as individuals. I know the wrestling team has had 8 in the finals since 2000 with 6 winning state championships.

So yes Farragut has been dominate.

The football team has made in deep into the playoffs the last couple of years. Deeper than West.

Team or Individual Championship for Farragut:

44 by my count on TSSAA

27 for West with 11 coming from 3 individuals in track.

I know Farragut has won the most of any other school in Tennesse. Most of that dominance came from earlier times. Being one of the biggest schools in TN over the past 25 years they should have the most. In more recent years they just have not dominated. The one thing that is great about all those state championships is that it has been in so many different types of sports. Which goes back to numbers. When you have that many kids the chances of you being good is much higher. Track had much success in the 90's and early 2000's due to one or two great athletes, and a whole lot more good athletes. When it comes to putting several participants in every event while others may not even have 1 in every event makes your chances of winning a championship much higher. In soccer there are eighteen soccer fields within 5 miles of the school, 22 baseball fields, only 6 football fields, which could easily show you the difference in why they have been successful in those two sports compared to football.

That alone is a given to why they have had success in those two particular sports. The more fields you have the more kids can play, which gives you more players learning the game and getting better. Numbers play a huge role in The Admirals success the past years. Farragut is a great school and has great support from the community and area. They will continue to be good in a variety of sports, and will dominate the academic area.

It is also great on the 7 on 7 accomplishment. That will be a huge boost to the offense while having one of the better backs in the Knoxville area. If Farragut can stop some teams defensively they will have a shot at the Region title. Good luck to the Admirals.

I know Farragut has won the most of any other school in Tennesse. Most of that dominance came from earlier times. Being one of the biggest schools in TN over the past 25 years they should have the most. In more recent years they just have not dominated.

Baylor has the most championships in Tennessee with 91. 2nd place is Brentwood Academy with 43. Farragut is Tied for 7th with 28. I believe these numbers are not counting the 2007 championships, I know Farragut's '07 soccer is not on there. So my big question is what are you counting as recent?

18 of Farragut's 29 are before 2000. That means 11 are in the last 8 years. That seems to be pretty good to me. Farragut also has 11 runner ups since 2000. Farragut 16 runner ups from 1979-1999. All of Farragut's state championships..according to the TSSAA website have all been since 1982. so 29 state championships in 26 years. That is an avg. of atleast 1 per year. Since 2000 Farragut avgs. 1.375 state championships per year. If you add the runner ups that is 2.75 championship games per year. So like I was saying before. What counts as recent? The last month?

I do agree with you though it is good that they are in different sports and not all 1 sport. 56 state championships and runner ups in 11 sports.

I had a nice little list going just from 2003 to now. I believe Farragut has more team state championships since 2003 than West has ...ever.

Did anyone read the article in the KNS today about Sterling?

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/high_school/ar...5589494,00.html

It's a stupid argument w/ this West and Farragut thing. First of all West has always played in very tough regions with much, much less talent than the rest. 80's and early 90's with much smaller enrollment too. Terrible facilities. Things are better now but why would anybody seriously argue head to head stuff. West=1300 enrollment (just in last few years) Farragut= 2300 or more enrollment. If Farragut didn't win in most sports they should all be fired! I think it's pretty good that West last year did beat Farragut in soccer once. Dominated them in track. Basketball has been subpar at very best with coaching changes, etc. Baseball on the way (last season only 1 senior on team). Football is much better and probably only going to get better and better w/ programming where it is. Nobody can argue that West's region (from top to bottom) is traditional better than the 5A region Farragut has been in. Usually very top heavy. Opportunity to make playoffs consistantly better at Farragut. West beat Central 30-7 and Powell 17-7 last year with Farragut getting beat by both. Weird huh! Farragut should have dominated those teams. West did beat Farragut pretty handedly in the 7 on 7 (just passing I know but) and Farragut got put in much easier pool than West did from what I saw. I know West didn't play Cloudland or Cosby or whoever and then get a 1st AND 2nd round bye. I watched the game and it wasn't like Farragut just played whoever. Sterling and company played the whole time. Farragut has good athletics, no doubt. West has very little middle class (filthy rich and dirt poor) but they make it happen. Farragut has a lot of middle class to go along with that upper. West has to work a lot harder than Farragut to have things. Yet they built a new fieldhouse (2 yrs. old), weightroom is probably best in town (city gave bldg. but West furnished it). Also, with the population West has and they still are one of the top academic schools in the state is very impressive. I for one am anxious to see what happens when Farragut has the same enrollment as most teams they play. When Hardin Valley is built the Farragut faithfull will understand better about competing with 600-800 or so less kids.

Again, goofy argument.

By the way "no friendz" not meant as just reply to your comments. Just making point.

It's a stupid argument w/ this West and Farragut thing. First of all West has always played in very tough regions with much, much less talent than the rest. 80's and early 90's with much smaller enrollment too. Terrible facilities. Things are better now but why would anybody seriously argue head to head stuff. West=1300 enrollment (just in last few years) Farragut= 2300 or more enrollment. If Farragut didn't win in most sports they should all be fired! I think it's pretty good that West last year did beat Farragut in soccer once. Dominated them in track. Basketball has been subpar at very best with coaching changes, etc. Baseball on the way (last season only 1 senior on team). Football is much better and probably only going to get better and better w/ programming where it is. Nobody can argue that West's region (from top to bottom) is traditional better than the 5A region Farragut has been in. Usually very top heavy. Opportunity to make playoffs consistantly better at Farragut. West beat Central 30-7 and Powell 17-7 last year with Farragut getting beat by both. Weird huh! Farragut should have dominated those teams. West did beat Farragut pretty handedly in the 7 on 7 (just passing I know but) and Farragut got put in much easier pool than West did from what I saw. I know West didn't play Cloudland or Cosby or whoever and then get a 1st AND 2nd round bye. I watched the game and it wasn't like Farragut just played whoever. Sterling and company played the whole time. Farragut has good athletics, no doubt. West has very little middle class (filthy rich and dirt poor) but they make it happen. Farragut has a lot of middle class to go along with that upper. West has to work a lot harder than Farragut to have things. Yet they built a new fieldhouse (2 yrs. old), weightroom is probably best in town (city gave bldg. but West furnished it). Also, with the population West has and they still are one of the top academic schools in the state is very impressive. I for one am anxious to see what happens when Farragut has the same enrollment as most teams they play. When Hardin Valley is built the Farragut faithfull will understand better about competing with 600-800 or so less kids.

Again, goofy argument.

By the way "no friendz" not meant as just reply to your comments. Just making point.

I am pretty sure that Farragut did not lose to West in soccer last year. Bearden beat Central 21-6 and Bearden beat West 31-29. Farragut beat Bearden 27-14 and 20-6. Weird huh! In the Farragut/Powell game it seemed to me like the Farragut coaches didn't even attempt to make a change to the defense until half time, and you have to credit Powell for coming out with a brand new offense from no where. The Farragut/Central game was just sorry. That was probably the worst I have seen Farragut play since they lost to Heritage a few years ago. What does having money have to do with anything? I can't believe you are saying that people in Farragut don't work hard for what they have. 98% of the people in Farragut have earned what they have and they deserve it. To say they don't work hard is just stupid. There was never really an arguement between the schools it was just more of someone saying they don't know what Farragut has been good at the last few years.

Baylor has the most championships in Tennessee with 91. 2nd place is Brentwood Academy with 43. Farragut is Tied for 7th with 28. I believe these numbers are not counting the 2007 championships, I know Farragut's '07 soccer is not on there. So my big question is what are you counting as recent?

18 of Farragut's 29 are before 2000. That means 11 are in the last 8 years. That seems to be pretty good to me. Farragut also has 11 runner ups since 2000. Farragut 16 runner ups from 1979-1999. All of Farragut's state championships..according to the TSSAA website have all been since 1982. so 29 state championships in 26 years. That is an avg. of atleast 1 per year. Since 2000 Farragut avgs. 1.375 state championships per year. If you add the runner ups that is 2.75 championship games per year. So like I was saying before. What counts as recent? The last month?

I do agree with you though it is good that they are in different sports and not all 1 sport. 56 state championships and runner ups in 11 sports.

Some great schools never have one Team State Championship and some schools like Ooltewah, Cookeville etc have limited State Championships and they are in the womens sports.

So the Farragut faithful are spoiled and don't realize what a unique school they have. I tried to make my son understand that when he was a Soph at Farragut.

During his time at Farragut he ran on a CC team that placed 1st and 2nd, wrestled on a team that had 10 or more medalist in his 4 years on the team with 5 being in the finals and 3 being champs. This team was 4 X reion champs. Played on the Soccer team that ended up being National Champions when he was a Fr and Soph.

Few Schools in TN offfer an opportunity for HS kids to excel in so many sports. I know the size does make a differance, however it does have it's downfalls.

Good Luck to the Admirals this year in football. Their are some good oung men out there with big hearts to go with those big bods. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />