Farragut Football

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know nothing about them this year other than they will have Andre Sterling back. They are losing a few good lineman, one going to Wake Forest, a quarterback, and few defenders, mostly the loss of Reveiz will hurt the most. Other than that they aren't losing much. WRs weren't a factor at all last year, except a couple plays, so I see no reason why they can't get better at that position.

According to farragutfootball.com this is the 2007 schedule.

08-25-07 7:30 PM West

09-01-07 7:30 PM Central

09-08-07 7:30 PM Heritage

09-15-07 7:30 PM @Bearden

09-22-07 7:30 PM @McMinn County

09-29-07 BYE WEEK

10-06-07 7:30 PM @William Blount

10-13-07 7:30 PM @Bradley County

10-20-07 7:30 PM Ooltewah

10-27-07 7:30 PM Soddy Daisy

11-03-07 7:30 PM @Oak Ridge

QUOTE(TG24 @ Jun 4 2007 - 11:38 AM) 826471129[/snapback]I don't think that schedule is correct...all those dates are Saturdays.

That is why I have not recorded them on here. i was just telling you that is what the website has. Maybe the teams are correct. They just have the wrong days.

Edit: they have magically changed on the website. Now they are Fridays. http://farragutfootball.com/varsity_schedule_2007.htm

I copied and pasted so there is no way that I could have screwed them up.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Jun 4 2007 - 09:20 PM) 826471432[/snapback]I don't think the West game will be that big of a deal, but the Central one will be. I am sure Farragut players that are still on the team remember what happened in 05 and 06. 05 was a little better, but I think they still should have won that game, and in 06 I think Farragut is better than the beating they got.

Why do you think the Central game is of more concern than West. Didn't West finish 2nd in their region last year and beat Central pretty bad? It's at West too! Just curious about your thinking b/c from what I understand West returns a lot of skill but maybe Farraguts size makes the difference.

QUOTE(amos @ Jun 5 2007 - 03:33 PM) 826471659[/snapback]Why do you think the Central game is of more concern than West. Didn't West finish 2nd in their region last year and beat Central pretty bad? It's at West too! Just curious about your thinking b/c from what I understand West returns a lot of skill but maybe Farraguts size makes the difference.

It is just that ever since I have been into to high school football I have never thought of West as a good team. I have always thought they were over rated. I am not saying they are bad. I just don't think the Farragut players will care as much about the West game as they will the Central one. Also about them finihsing 2nd. I am not sure. They did beat Powell and Central who both beat Farragut, but didn't Central have some key injuries throughout the season. I was at Farragut for 4 years. I basically know how most of the players on all the teams think when it comes to who they are playing and if they are good or not. I doubt it will change any. I don't think people at Farragut think West is good at really any sport other than maybe soccer. We will see I guess come fall.

QUOTE(PinballWizard @ May 22 2007 - 09:16 AM) 826464518[/snapback]How are they looking this year?

PinballWizzard.

Seems to me like they have some work to do. Saw them against AC in the spring. Lousy weather. Neither looked great. Sterling will get his carries, and his yards. New QB. The FB Rinehart is back so that should help some. Seems they have some holes to fill on the OL with Pemberton, Bernard, and Hoag all gone. TE, Guess is also graduating. Will Jackson is 6-4 280 and Dylan Young is 6-3, 250 or so and, they are back. They usually have size up front, and I am pretty sure they had some bigguns on their JV last yr. Defense; they have stack deal, and LBs returning to run it. Pearman, Devan. and Incarnation are all experienced. All Region for the last couple of years, and a bit under-publisized is OLB/DE, Ty Cannon. Good player. With that 3-5-3 D, they have only one DB that started last year back in Brandon Hylton. Up front, I think they have to replace all three. Guess, Morrison, and Wigren. Schedule is what it is. West game will be interesting. West can beat them. West will throw it all over the field, and Farragut will throw the kitchen sink blitzing to disrupt Ryan's timing with Easterly. How West contains Sterling will tell a lot about both teams. Central will be much better than many predict. This could be Bearden's best team in some time, and they have a lot to prove. Billy Blount and Ooltewah will be good, especially Blount. Soddy Daisy lost a ton of players in 05, and a bunch grew up in 06. They will be tough. OR ain't what they used to be IMO. Feels like somewhere between 7-3, and 5-5.

ruse?

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Jun 5 2007 - 04:16 PM) 826471687[/snapback]It is just that ever since I have been into to high school football I have never thought of West as a good team. I have always thought they were over rated. I am not saying they are bad. I just don't think the Farragut players will care as much about the West game as they will the Central one. Also about them finihsing 2nd. I am not sure. They did beat Powell and Central who both beat Farragut, but didn't Central have some key injuries throughout the season. I was at Farragut for 4 years. I basically know how most of the players on all the teams think when it comes to who they are playing and if they are good or not. I doubt it will change any. I don't think people at Farragut think West is good at really any sport other than maybe soccer. We will see I guess come fall.

The worse thing you can do is underestimate your opponent, it doesn`t really matter whether a player thinks a team is good or not. If a team only gets up for an opponent they think is really good, they are just setting themselves up for a disappointing loss. Its much better to overestimate your opponent and get proven wrong(usually leads to a big win), than to underestimate your opponent and be proven wrong(can lead to a disappointing loss).

QUOTE(JC4life @ Jun 5 2007 - 09:13 PM) 826471803[/snapback]The worse thing you can do is underestimate your opponent, it doesn`t really matter whether a player thinks a team is good or not. If a team only gets up for an opponent they think is really good, they are just setting themselves up for a disappointing loss.

i couldn't agree with you more.