Sunbright alive in Dead Period?

ask_me

I just talked to an Oneida football player this evening and he said he had talked to a Sunbright player that says they are working out in their own weight room every day in the dead period. Could this be true? I remember hearing about Sunbright practicing for passing league in dead period, but not having weight room open. Can anybody varify this?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just talked to an Oneida football player this evening and he said he had talked to a Sunbright player that says they are working out in their own weight room every day in the dead period. Could this be true? I remember hearing about Sunbright practicing for passing league in dead period, but not having weight room open. Can anybody varify this?

Whether it's true or not you arent going to get an answer here. If it is true then the only people who will know anything wont want you to know it and if someone does say that they are cheating then this thread will be closed. I would just hope that the coaches wouldn't allow something so blatant as that. When i played our coaches arranged it so that every player could have a membership to the YMCA for those two weeks and encouraged the captains to arrange workouts with the players but there was no contact with the coaches or facilities. Maybe they have a similar arrangement.

If they are they are in violation of TSSAA rules. From the TSSAA web site-

Dead Period: No coaching, observing, or contact between coach and players in sport involved. There is no practice, no open facilities, and no weight training/conditioning.

If they are they are in violation of TSSAA rules. From the TSSAA web site-

Dead Period: No coaching, observing, or contact between coach and players in sport involved. There is no practice, no open facilities, and no weight training/conditioning.

Weight Training/Conditioning program-offseason. Must be open to all students cannot be required and not sports specific.

The rule is pretty clear. The school's facilities cannot be used AT ALL during the dead period. No one can use them, whether they're athletes, non-athletes, students, non-students, whatever.

This rule is fine for people in larger towns/cities where places like a YMCA or other gym facilities are available. In small towns, that luxury does not exist. The school is the only place where any weight equipment or workout facilities exist at all. Yet another TSSAA rule that is good in theory, but in practice gives far more advantages to people in higher populated areas.

I heard it from a friend whoooo...Heard it from a friend whoooo.....Heard it from another you been messin arounddddd.....

They can't be on the campus...They cant be in the weight room.....They cant..They cant.....It's a simple and easy rule to follow.....In this day and age of technology and this website and snitches...It would be pretty stupid to try and hold practices or anything else in the two week dead period..Pretty stupid.....

There is nothing going on at Sunbright, because of the coaching change there may be some seniors being leaders........