Will Temple's problems finally cause a public-private split?

CSAS still has an interview process. Students apply and are accepted on a first come first served basis. Racial diversity is a major goal, that is to reflect what the city of Chatt is.

Zonepirate- Is tomorrow the day of reckoning?

What I heard was that Temple would hear from the TSSAA late this week (tomorrow fits that), have a chance to respond and then it would be made public early next week.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make some very good points (Especially that volunteering thing ).

I remember when CSAS started up they had an interview process. I do not remember the details but apparently they had more National Honor Society (?) members than all the other privates combined and some of the parents from schools like McCallie, GPS, Baylor, etc. were upset that they were paying thosands of dollars a year for high quality educations and here a public school was out performing them. I probably do not have the story quite right but I think the general idea is there. Zone, You are OLD ( ) enough to remember that, are you not?

I'm old enough but my mind is not good enough to remember

I'm old enough but my mind is not good enough to remember

The GPA to qualify for the National Honor Society may vary according to school policy but it is in the 3.5 range.

In my opinion, comparing GPA's between different school is like comparing apples and oranges. Grading scales will vary. Class difficulty will vary even within an individual school - AP, Honors or regular.

Not that it matters but what does this have to do with the subject of the topic?

Old Pirate asks, how do you know "public education as a whole is bad and getting worse. Just wondering why you think/feel you have all the right info. Questions: (1) Was your education public or private ? (2) Have you ever taught at a public school? (3) Have your children attended a public school ?

Privates need to be in a division of their own. Recruiting on a small scale or large scale is and always will be a part of programs. I support recruiting if you admit to it, but a lot of privates do not admit to recruiting just like TT. It is not a secret of Boyd Bucs recruiting. Matt Peardon was a jasper kid who transfered to BB and had tuition paid by a booster. The sad thing is they proclaim to be christian schools and continue to lie about their programs. Ask some privates who admit to recruiting who they have to recruit against. The latest Chatt private program is S/Dale with their "breakfast program".

I went to public schools. I got to witness first hand the decay of public education. " New math " , all manner of social experimentation, teaching to the lowest common denominator, grade inflation, absence of consequences for disruptive and in some cases dangerous behaviors, incompetent teachers protected by tenure or unions, incompetent principals and adminstrators promoted far beyond their abilities just to fill some quota,....

I presently volunteer at a public school.

Some of my children are presently attending public school.

In short I am fully qualifed to point out the obvious, " public educartion as a whole is bad and getting worse "

If the shoe doesn't fit your particular school, you don't have to wear it.

I went to public schools. I got to witness first hand the decay of public education. " New math " , all manner of social experimentation, teaching to the lowest common denominator, grade inflation, absence of consequences for disruptive and in some cases dangerous behaviors, incompetent teachers protected by tenure or unions, incompetent principals and adminstrators promoted far beyond their abilities just to fill some quota,....

I presently volunteer at a public school.

Some of my children are presently attending public school.

In short I am fully qualifed to point out the obvious, " public educartion as a whole is bad and getting worse "

If the shoe doesn't fit your particular school, you don't have to wear it.

I commend you for your involvement in your school in spite of the difficulties. See if you can rally some other parents around you and lead them into significant change.