Temple

2seamfastball

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Silverdale fans, as the only LV regular, I look forward to October 26.

They play us the Friday before (19th). With their muffin schedule they could easily be 7-0 when they play SP. I would say Grace and Seq Co. would be their 2 toughest games up until that point. SP has LV, Tyner and Boyd so it is possible SD could have a better record than SP at that point.

They play us the Friday before (19th). With their muffin schedule they could easily be 7-0 when they play SP. I would say Grace and Seq Co. would be their 2 toughest games up until that point. SP has LV, Tyner and Boyd so it is possible SD could have a better record than SP at that point.

Ive never heard of Oliver Springs or Riverside. Assuming those teams are muffins, their first seven may be the easiest in 1A.

OS is 2A but they went 1-9 and their one win was against an 0-10 team. Riverside must be an independent??? If not the easiest for sure one of the easiest.

Riverside is not much, probably in their 2nd year of 11 man football. Riverside also plays CPA, their gonna get killed.

You count out LV so easily...

I did not intend any offense against LV. It is just that I was pretty impressed with what I have seen with Silverdale, so far. You have to admit that they have earned the respect of every team in the region. Even though SP should beat them handedly, Silverdale will probably give them a good fight. LV did beat SD last season and both teams are coming back this year bigger and stronger, so who knows...

I have nothing but respect for LV and their program.

None of my friends knew which player was which for Temple in the scrimmage. Who were the bright spots, the disappointments, etc. for Temple?

I am not sure many Temple fans knew who was which

I watched the game from a pretty good distance but from what I could tell, the new kid from SC was definitely a bright spot. Nothing much positive stood out for Temple over all. It looked like a ton of missed assignments, misunderstandings, miscommunications, and a lot of sacks on the quarterback. The line has a ton of potential but their biggest kid stood on the sidelines almost the whole scrimmage. They changed out QB's towards the end and let the big kid in and Silverdale changed out a few kids and things looked a little better, but not enought better. Good luck to you Silverdale guys as you tromp (stomp, crush, destroy) your way to the playoffs this year!

I did not intend any offense against LV. It is just that I was pretty impressed with what I have seen with Silverdale, so far. You have to admit that they have earned the respect of every team in the region. Even though SP should beat them handedly, Silverdale will probably give them a good fight. LV did beat SD last season and both teams are coming back this year bigger and stronger, so who knows...

May i ask how?

I have nothing but respect for LV and their program.

I know I wasnt calling you out or anything. It sounded like you asumed they would just roll us over by ignoring us

May i ask how?

Good point. I not sure I would agree that they gained respect of the teams just yet but they did get recognized. They played hard and got better at the end of the season but still ended up 4-6. Really they are in consideration for the top 3 or 4 in the region only because of the 6-7 "transfers" they have playing this year and because our region is soft. Also since Silverdale has a really soft non-region schedule they have a long way to go to EARN respect but most teams do recognize that they will be much improved. I think LV is a very solid team and is my pick for 2nd in the region. I can promise that SP won't be overlooking the LV game. Silverdale just seems to be the team that slips into 3rd. Grace may have a say in that but past that who knows??? I think it will be October before our region starts sorting things out. At least Grace picked up Boyd and LV picked up East Ridge in their non-region schedule but honestly, for our region to get respect the two of them need to schedule someone besides Taft next year.